“Won me over!”

Ranked #19 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Won me over!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed in W Bali from 19-22nd March. We were a party of 7 in Bali celebrating a friend's birthday and our anniversary. Our friends were booked into the one room villa and garden view respectively. We booked the Ocean glimpse room but was upgraded to the ocean facing as there were problems with the air condition. So we had the opportunity to sample all the rooms.
1) As mentioned numerous times, the view was breathtaking in the ocean facing...Beds and pillows were the best quality. My favourite thing to do was to just lay in bed and listen to the ocean waves at night.
2) The rooms had numerous "nooks and crannies" to keep my 8th old occupied. The kaleidoscope was a nice and whimsical touch.
3) We celebrated our 15th anniversary in W.A big thank you to W talent Steffi for arranging the martini set up and the yummy chocolate scrub and bubble bath.
4) We ate at the fire restaurant. The service was absolutely first class, we were asked to choose our own pepper mill and carving knife . I love watching the "kitchen action" from my table.
5) My child was terribly ill on our last day and thankfully numerous staff offered us help and assistance. A big shout out to W talent Angel, her warm and professional service left a deep impression on me.
6) One negative thing was the housekeeping . They should be reminded to be more conscientious in their duties. There were cobwebs on the lamps and the balcony floor were never cleaned as I could see the stain marks on the floor.
Overall it was an amazing experience and we hope to be back again!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time on other rooms. Ocean facing is the way to go!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mich_twm
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello mich_twm,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic time at W Bali and found the time to enjoy our restaurants and venues.

We certainly value our return customers and your opinion is very important to us. I will revert back to our style department to ensure that these issues are dealt with.

Craig Seaward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (819)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I switched to the W from the Westin, and it was 100% the right decision. The W in Bali is awesome. Great, beautiful property. The room (on the top floor) was beautiful. The view outside to the ocean was just what I was looking for in my trip to Bali. There was even a full skylight in the shower. The guest manager took very, very good care of me. If you have SPG status, this is a great place to enjoy your time in Bali! The location is a great mix between hitting the nice restaurants in that district, learning to surf, and nightlife in Kudi district. And you HAVE to check out the spa - it's super-swank and they have some very interesting massage options. Lovely experience, and you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Top (5th) floor overlooking the ocean was great - skylight in the shower was heavenly!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Richards G
Hello Richards G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are now a W ambassador.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more relaxing and indulgent times at W Bali.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just got back from a week at W Hotel Bali and it was wonderful, the staff are friendly and always willing to help, the food was great and I love that you can pic your own mug at breakfast!! ...... thank you for a wonderful stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Renae D
Hello Renae,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at W Bali.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for another Wow holiday experience at W Bali.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The W retreat is the best experience you will have.The attention to Leading edge accomadation and service answers to nobody,pure class the Staff and Managers should be proud of everything they provide and continue to develop to be the leader in Indonesia and possibly the world.Thank you for everything.G

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello GrantS,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at W Bali and departed having experienced the level of service I would expect.

We do look forwarding to welcoming you back for another Wow experience.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

WOW WOW WOW!!! What a fantastic place. Magical setting, awesome views, edgy and luxurious surroundings. The rooms are gorgeous and the Villas are incredible. The bars,the food and the facilities are out of this world! You must try the hot rock at Starfish Bloo, Breakfast at Fire and have Cocktails at Woo bar watching the sun go down!! We had the most amazing time staying here. The staff went out of their way to look after us and they are all so warm and friendly!!! They were all like family by the time we left and we really felt so at home. We were incredilbly sad to have to leave. Would highly recommend a stay at the W in Bali and what ever you do get the breakfast included - It is 5 star all you can eat AWESOME!!! - You will LOVE it!

Room Tip: The Villas are quiet, private and GORGEOUS! You get your very own pool!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Andrea_M2013,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you experienced the WOW factor. Our talent at W do take that extra step to ensure all our guests depart having felt the wow experience that W Bali offers.

I am glad you were able to enjoy our restaurants and venues.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was told about the excellent services of the hotel but did not find anything special till I came to the Fire Restaurant and the breakfast service was excellent! I've travelled all ard the world but this bf service is different. They have waiters that will go round offering their special food and they were all very polite especially MADE ADI (Mr Cheese) who served us. He was very patient to my 8 yr old girl and offered her stuffs that were not in the menu. He showed concern and makes it a very memorable experience for us. Way to go W Hotel!

Room 345 Date 19.3.2013 ms lee

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello AwesomeTrinity,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay.

I am happy to hear that enjoyed breakfast at FIRE and experienced the Wow factor as I would expect. I will pass your comments back to our talent who will extremely happy to hear they assisted in providing you with a memorable time with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you back.

Nantou County, Taiwan
Reviewed March 19, 2013

excellent service, comfortable rooms, good food, stunning view 整體感覺很棒~即使不出門,在飯店也能待上三天三夜,調酒和餐都很好,尤其很多服務員還會跟客人互動,卻又不感覺太打擾,令人難忘!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hello JadeYoung,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am happy to hear that our service culture exceeded your expectations and you departed having tasted the W experience.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali again.