WOW WOW WOW!.
My husband and I stayed at The W Retreat & Spa Bali from October 12 - 18, 2012. This is quite an impressive modern style hotel with incredible interior design!
I have been coming to Bali for over 25 years now and I would say that this hotel is up there with the best.
The location is good, as you are only a short walk on the beach to Potato Head (next door) and Kudeta. Eat Street in Oberoi is only a short taxi ride or at least a 10 min walk but there aren't sufficient footpaths along the way and is quite dangerous. There are also a couple of good local restaurants within walking distance (once you are dropped off by the buggy to the top of the driveway) such as Mantra, Biku, Petitenget, and the The Living Room.
All of the staff were WONDERFUL and their presence made you feel that you were actually in Bali! It was my husbands birthday while we were there and they went out of their way to make him feel special. The staff at the front desk were always accommodating and a special thanks to Diaz, not sure if that's the right spelling.
The room was spacious and clean but the only negative is that I didn't like the dark green tiles in our bathroom - it made it look dreary and didn't compliment the rest of the room. The Bose system is a bonus and the toiletries were adequate enough. The pillow menu needs to be re-thinked! The neck pillow is not a normal size pillow and was quite uncomfortable.
The pool area is lovely and not your typical square style pool. The cabanas are a nice option to laze around in.
The restaurants look amazing and to be honest the food could do with an overhaul. PLEASE add more salad options! Its seems that the majority of hotels in Bali think that all us westerners like to eat is junk food such as hot dogs, burgers, and fries! An unlimited salad bar and bbq option at lunch like the Le Meridien in Phuket have, would be WOW! Also, when you order from the breakfast menu at Fire or Starfish Bloo the portions are too small! My husband would get the steak and eggs and it was embarrassingly small.
This hotel suits the traveler that wants to feel like a rock star and be WOWED! As this is a W Hotel, its not a traditional Balinese hotel and if that's what you are after, you may have to go elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape hectic philosophies, and why not plunge into vibrant glitz amidst natural splendors? We're a new found playground along the shores of Seminyak, where trendsetting chic restaurants, clubs, fashions and eclectic galleries await discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your W Bali - Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- w Retreat And Spa Bali - Seminyak
- W Bali - Seminyak