W Bali - Seminyak
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)
$792
$276
Agoda.com
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$90
$78
  • Pool
The Oberoi Bali(Seminyak)
$305
$270
Agoda.com
The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$114
$90
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$288
$241
Agoda.com
Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$51
$42
Amadea Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$72
$56
Agoda.com
TS Suites Leisure Seminyak Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$275
$96
Agoda.com
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$111
$89
Agoda.com
Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$110
$103
Courtyard
3,713 results
All reviewswoo barstarfish bloow retreatocean facing roomstar fish bloobose sound systemgarden viewpotato headpool villaamazing hotelrain showerour honeymoonwatch the sunsetday bedpool sideamazing staffwoobar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Ate here for our first night in Bali. Absolutely stunning. I enjoyed our meal. Staff needs a little work but that's ok. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Hello RRFoodie1,

Thank you for stopping by for dinner. We hope that we can have you back again for sunset, or a W Happening or even for night’s stay! See you soon…

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Had a fabulous time here staying in a 1 bed pool villa. The whole property (which is quite new) looks a million dollars and the (many) staff were very friendly. We were staying with our toddler who was treated like royalty - however a few examples of design trumping practicality - such as the cobbled paths around the villas and a lack of ramps around the pool - made it all quite pram unfriendly. Food in both restaurants was very good. Breakfast was nice, but not amazing by Asian 5 star standards. Transportation arranged through hotel was good and very reasonable - about USD80 for 6 hours (car & driver to Ubud and back) and around USD21 for airport transfer - they even managed to get us a baby seat. Sunset from Ice Bar was amazing. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Pool villa was great - stylish and spacious. For an ocean view however, choose something in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thepaperboy

Hello thepaperboy,

We are happy to hear that your family enjoyed their W Experience. We do offer great options for dining and activities and glad that you were able to take advantage of both. Thank you for raising the ramp issue around WET. This is something we can look into for future capital. Looking forward to having you all back to Paradise!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Let me start off by saying that I often stay in Hotels around the World from the Shangri La in Hong Kong to Motel 6 in Boise. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

I just returned from staying four days at the W Hotel in Bali. I strongly, and I mean strongly, suggest you take advantage of their Visa on arrival and expedited service. Yes, it costs money but it will save you a whole lot of time. The lines at in the Immigration hall were outrageous but I was met by W Hotel representatives and they took my passport for Immigration clearance without waiting in line. From plane to the X5 BMW Hotel car in 20 minutes. The Drive from the airport is another story. Prepare for traffic. It took us about an hour an a half.

I booked the One bedroom Villa with a small pool. I am a SPG Gold member and used the SPG website to book the room. The room, which included daily breakfast ran about $545 USD per night. Upon arriving at the Hotel, we were dropped off at a separate area for Villa check ins. The check in was standard. We were then ushered into a buggy for the bumpy ride to the Villa #11. Side note, the roads/paths around the complex are bumpy and you could not walk on it in your bare feet. Upon arrival at #11, the outer door opened into an open area which included a small pool, outdoor cabana and a one bedroom retreat with sitting area and full bath. I was told by the check in desk that the pool was not cleaned and someone would be out to take care of it. Upon walking around the area, I felt the Villa was a little tired looking. The resort only opened about 1 1/2 years ago. Standard King Bed. Basic open bathroom with bliss products. The floor was tile and I immediately noticed the scuff marks on the ground. You would think they could use a little elbow grease and remove the marks. The Shower was nice but the door was warped and did not close all the way.

Outside, the pool was cool to the touch but the balmy hot weather made it acceptable. the Cabana was another story. Nice to look out but the covering was dirty. Spots all over and burn marks from the mosquito repellant were present. The room had wireless internet but it was hit or miss. Meaning, it was slow sometimes and fast others. I was told by the IT people that it was due to hight traffic. I did mention to the check in desk all of my observations and they said they would take care of it. BTW, no one ever came to clean the pool that night.

There are 2 restaurants on the property. Fire Cafe seems to be the most popular for breakfast. They have a nice spa for any type of message you wish. Expect to pay about 25% more than outside.

One last thing, I forgot to bring my flip flops with me but they had them available in the room. They were necessary, remember the roads, but were the most uncomfortable slippers I ever had worn. They were made of plastic. FYI, bring your own. The property is on the beach but the rough surf prevents swimming. Outside on the street is a coffee shop and mini mart for little stuff.

The staff was very good and helpful. I cannot say enough good things about them. Always cheerful and would take care of all your needs.

Was it worth the $545 per night? No. If they take care of their higher priced rooms to meet that standard, I would say yes. Quality control was not present and it showed. i have stayed at W brand Hotels before and consider the W Hotel in Taipei to be up to that standard.

So, why did I not ask for another room? I guess it is due to complacency and a bit of expecting things to be corrected when asked.

I did notice that they are opening a new Sheraton in Kuta shortly. For those of you who are SPG members, you may want to keep that in mind.

Room Tip: If you stay at a Villa, the pathways can be confusing. Call the desk and ask for a buggy pickup.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John M

Hello John M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. As a loyal Starwood fan, we appreciate you choosing W Bali for your holiday. I am sorry to hear about your issues during your stay. I can assure you that our Style (Housekeeping) Department receive proper training on the standards of cleaning. Aside from that, we have spoken to all the relevant departments to put action plans together to ensure a wonderful guest experience.

There are four sister Starwood properties opening in Bali in the next year, all offering a unique experience for our loyal guests. When you do find you way back to the Island of Gods, we do hope you choose to return to W Bali.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Backing up on last years visit to the W Retreat & Spa Seminyak, I was fortunate enough to get away again, this time for only 7 days and jump on a plane to that goregeous Island, I call 'Paradise" to attend a friends wedding. After experiencing the "W"WOW factor in 2011, I did not hesitate to book this hotel again. How could you possibly even consider staying anywhere else, when your first time stay literally "blows you out of the water" with an outstanding level of accomodation, food and beverages and customer service and after almost a 12 month absence, hats off to Craig, Ian, Marcus and all the W Cast & Crew for keeping the the bar raised to a very high standard. The W is and always will be..."My home away from home.."

Room Tip: Join and become a member the Starwood Group and get upgraded. Spend the extra $$$ and request a "Ocean Facing Retreat" in the main building...Its Rockstar and worth every little penny!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Hello JonnieOne,

WOW! Thank you for your kind words. We certainly strive each and every day to raise that bar and we are glad you noticed. I am glad that you feel the same why do because W Bali is truly my home away from home! We cannot wait to have you back!

Craig

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Absolutely fantastic hotel but you could be anywhere in the world! Breakfast was brilliant and the sunset venue is the second best in Bali to the rock bar at ayana. If you want authentic Bali don't bother if you want top quality hotel and service and food etc.. The w is the place to go.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bds2006

Hello Bds2006,

Thank you for your kind words. We do love our breakfasts and sunsets here…what better way to start and finish your day! We hope to be able to welcome you back to Paradise!