“devine”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #20 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Great holiday, beautiful view across the ocean. Staff helpful and friendly...food devine. Massage and spa worth the money. Only down size was the Woo bar , very LOUD at night even when no one was there!!Lots of extras, pool and lots of places to go for relaxing. If you needed a car or taxi on hand and very clean and comfortable...would stay again

Room Tip: go beach view, or try the villas
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bomber078
W_Bali_Seminyak, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Hello bomber078,

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry you thought the noise from WooBar was too loud. We do out best to control this, especially after 10pm. At that time, we shut down the entertainment outside and bring it into WooBar and close the glass panels so we can contain the noise. I am happy to hear that this not dissuade your W Bali Experience and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Craig Seaward

Write a ReviewReviews (3,617)

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed 4 nights at the W. The hotel is positioned nicely and has a nice feel about it although the constant music does neutralize the sound of the sea and make quiet contemplation difficult. Perhaps my wife and I just dont fit the profile of the typical W guest. The staff are attentive and the service is good, breakfast at Starfish bloo is a very pleasant way to start the day. We had a one bedroom villa, for a couple they are great, and better than I had expected. The pool is a decent size and the day bed is wonderful, we had no problems with the rooms being serviced, my only complaint would be with the led lights that really need a switch as they are bothersome at night and I could have done without them.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Clive H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We’re happy that we exceeded your expectation on most all levels. Can you please confirm that the LED lights you are referring to were the pool lights? gm.craig.seaward@whotels.com. We will look into this issue once we hear back.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

My husband and I just returned from Bali, where we spent 2 nights at this lovely resort with our son and daughter in law. I must say we were all VERY impressed and pleased with our experience here. The rooms are amazing, very modern, we had ocean front rooms with balconies. Very clean resort. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Great pool and attentive staff around the pool. Breakfast was incredible. Overall we couldn't ask for anything more. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ocean Facing rooms on top floor were great
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Hello Littlebird143,

We couldn’t ask for anything more than your glowing review – except, of course, for you to return sooner rather than later!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed in Villa 11 from 30 April 2012. Really big pool and big room. Very quiet and peacefull the perfect place to relax and just do nothing. Would definitely come back and stay in the villas again or perhaps I would try the beach view rooms for a change. If the rates do not go up will definitely stay longer for my next trip in Bali. The airconditioner of the villa should perhaps be upgraded as it would be nice to have the option of the room to be cooler than what I had during my stay.

I had the buffet breakfast at both outlets of the hotel. The spread is quite good and tasty. The only drawback to me was the service, as it was not attentive enough.

Woo bar was a relaxing place by the beach, had a good breeze and totally a good place to chill out.

All in a good stay and will come back again soon.

Room Tip: Villas for romantic and peaceful and quiet retreat. Beach view rooms for excellent views of the bea...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Hello RainKL,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We love that you were able to relax by doing nothing except enjoying your villa and experiencing the Retreat. I will have Engineering check out the air conditioning in your villa so it is in tip top shape when you return…unless of course, you decide to try our Spectacular Ocean Facing Retreats!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

This is one of our fave place to hang out,we are Bali residence,and W hotel is place where we suggest our friends to stay when they are visiting and looking for a stunning place to stay. In fact we had booked the place twice for our relatives,since they first open,which is only a year plus now. Sunday brunch there is definitely a must try,with good selection of foods,and very nice beach view at Starfish Bloo. Must at least book the sea view rooms,which have a very nice view to the pool and the beach.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Hello MissFluppy,

What a great endorsement from one of our neighbors! Thank you for frequenting our venues and recommending it to your family and friends. See you next Sunday!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

- My wife and I are from the US and stayed at the W Seminyak during our honeymoon
- Overall very impressive resort
- Resort architecture/design is very modern and trendy, right in line with what you would expect from any W hotel.

Stay Details
- Stayed April 29, 2012 for 3 nights
- Stayed in an Ocean Facing room
- Stayed for free on SPG points

Positives
- All hotel facilities (rooms, restaurants, pool) look brand new and have been well maintained
- Large rooms with great amenities in rooms (LED TVs, audio/video inputs, lots of storage space, mini-fridge, large rain showers).
- Excellent restaurants. If you have Starwood/SPG status, you're going to love the amazing complimentary breakfast at Star Fish Bloo.
- Large, lagoon-like multi-level pools. Outdoor poolside seating includes lounge chairs with umbrellas, beds, and couches that are good for individuals, couples, and families.
- Hotel is right on the beach, although there are strong waves/currents so no one really swims.
- Service was fast and responsive in restaurants and near pool. Ratio of poolside staff to patrons was high.
- Very nice hotel gym with onsite attendant and dumbbells, weight machines, and cardio machines with individuals TVs.
- Hotel is a walkable (~ half mile) distance from a ton of shopping in Seminyak

Negatives
- Very westernized resort - lots of American and Australian guests. This isn't a drawback per se, but the W is not the hotel for you if you want to "immerse" yourself in Balinese culture.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R S

Hello R S,

We appreciate you posting your review and for being a loyal Starwood Member. Congratulations again on your nuptials. As you mentioned, the W puts its touch on the traditional Balinese culture as it does with any destination where we open. The good thing is that our convenient location provides for easy access to all the cultural activities and sites. We hope you were able to experience it all and will back to see more.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

The W retreat & spa in Bali is very stylish and even the music is tailored to appeal to the clientele. The food is generally very good; we tried room service and restaurants Fire and Starfish Bloo and we were extremely pleased. Drinks are heavenly - the mojito is perfect and other cocktails are also brilliant. The deserts are though not in the same category. If you are in the age group of 25 to 35 you will love the place. The place clearly has a strong emphasis on 'form and function' and has form before function meaning that some things are over-designed. Examples like the steam bath releasing hot steam to your legs if you are sitting in the wrong spot, showers having knobs that get loose and floor that is beautiful, but dangerously slippery. In the room I did like the design, but again form comes before function. In the toilet I need to stand exactly in a right position to see the toilet bowl because otherwise the light shines on my head and nowhere else. The check-in was also not very organized. I didn't received our luggage before I called the reception. And then instead of 4 pieces I got 3 and needed to request separately for the last missing piece. It is a hotel tailored for a certain group of people and if you belong to that group it is probably the best fit I have seen this far. But I felt myself a bit out of the place. I don't want to have music all over regardless how well engineered it is (lounge jazz, world music including Brazilian and African music). I want a bit more quieter surroundings and I prefer function and not so much form. Perhaps I am too old. Still I liked the place.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LinenBank

Hello LinenBank,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The fact that you chose to stay at W, to at least give it a try, proves you are still young at heart and appreciate the contemporary aesthetics. Though - function is still very important and I appreciate your feedback above. Thank you for checking us out and hope that you will come back – even for just a mojito or two!