W Bali - Seminyak
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Katamama(Seminyak)
Puri Madawi(Seminyak)
View Hotel
The One Boutique Villa(Seminyak)
The Kayana Bali(Seminyak)
Umah Pelangi(Seminyak)
3,722 results
All reviewswoo barstarfish bloow retreatocean facing roomstar fish bloobose sound systemgarden viewpotato headpool villaamazing hotelrain showerour honeymoonwatch the sunsetday bedpool sideamazing staffwoobar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The W Bali is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I have stayed here four times now and its just simply perfection. The room, the staff, the pool, the access to beach, the access to nearby restaurants, the hotel restaurants, EVERYTHING is amazing. It is worth every penny!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
W_Bali_Seminyak, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Hello kris_goku,

Aside from writing your review – your repeat visits show you are a true W Bali Ambassador. Please let us know when you return so I can personally thank you for being a fan! gm.craig.seaward@whotels.com

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have been to Bali countless times, but the recent trip to the W Resorts, Bali took the biscuit in terms of absolute comfort, fabulous food and atmospheric experience. Modern decor, none of the cliched Balinese decor, cool vibe and good looking guests. Service can be patchy but when they come to aid (say after 2 calls or so) , they do it with such charm. So, I found myself forgiving these minor faults. Bliss products in bathrooms, heaven!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Hello azianKualalumpur,

Thank you for your post. I would consider this a rave review as you are a frequent visitor to Bali and have surely experienced most of the hotel offerings. We hope that we can welcome you back sooner rather than later. It is only a 3.5 hour flight away!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had been traveling to Bali for 25 years. I always stayed in nice resorts, and altogether I stay 150 days a year in 4-5 star hotels anywhere in the world.
The W Bali in Seminyak is what I would call a perfect place for a vacation.

Amazing what they did to a relative simple building. The rooms were fantastic, the beds almost as comfortable as the heavenly beds from Westin.

The bathroom alone with the remote control to open the sunroof, the bathtub and rain shower wants you to sink in the bathtub or take some long hot showers in the morning.

Big flat screen TV with international cable channels, the desk, the size of the room- all perfect. I loved the lazy chair outside on the terrace to relax, hear the ocean and the birds overlooking the gardens.
The BOSE entertainment system in all rooms and around the property enhanced the W experience.

The pool alone is a 5 star relaxation- it's almost heaven. The beach is less exotic, and I did not even go there.
The plush chairs, couches along the beach and the pool side were so comfortable - you don't ever wanted to get up.

The breakfast selection was fantastic - the internet was fast and reliable.
I am a fanatic when it comes to good expresso coffee, and the lobby bar was it !

Not really inexpensive, but I loved the Japanese fusion restaurant.

I treated myself to two spa sessions- both fantastic. The spa is brand new and has all the latest/
The staff was extremely nice, efficient and services was from the heart.

I felt very safe. The security was tied, but not only for show - they did an efficient job safeguarding the property and driveways.

Many resorts around the world should learn from W Retreat & Spa Seminyak - close to absolute perfect.

Families, single travelers, couples , gay and straight - and from all over the world. An interesting mix of guests
Make sure to wear sandals around the pool- the cement gets burning hot.

Room Tip: My room was facing the back gardens. Perhaps less of a view, but quiet and exotic.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank eTurboNews
W_Bali_Seminyak, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Hello eTurboNews,

Thank you so much for posting your review. From such a seasoned traveler, within the hospitality industry, your words are too kind. You have mentioned all the points we love to rave about and I am glad to see that you enjoyed every facet of your holiday.

Living on an island yourself, you can certainly appreciate the hard work and training that was put into our Retreat. We do hope that we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom villa for 5 nights. The villas was very nice and private.

Pros:
- Nice rooms
- Modern and lots of thoughtful amenities in the rooms
- Clean
- Good location near Seminyak for eating out etc

Cons:
- Service was poor. Staff were friendly, but not competent enough. Room service was very slow (often an hour) and orders were always incorrect.
- Check in was very average
- The communal areas are loud. The music from the WooBar drowns out all the other bars and if you are in the other bars you can hear two sets of music, really annoying. Which is why no one is ever in the lobby bar!!!
- We were offered free neck massages but could never use them as the spa was busy! They would keep asking as to come back or try again later. Frankly, it was a waste of our time.
- Food is expensive and not that great. Sounds very good on paper but not delivered well.
- TV reception is poor.
- No in-house movies, they have a DVD system with only few DVDs to rent. Disappointing and annoying service as they are always being rented with other guests.
- The pool is not big enough and not deep enough, Its more like an enormous wading pool. Very odd.
- I think this hotel is going to attract families and more and more children are going to be staying at the hotel. Not great for couples wanting a relaxing time.
- You cannot swim at the beach.

I would not recommend this hotel for a honeymoon. The service is not good enough. Its like any other W Hotel you might find in a city. Not sure it will do well when it runs according to city hotel rules and service when in Bali there are so many villa hotels that offer much better service.

Overall, it was ok, but I would suggest looking elsewhere in Bali. Maybe something in Nusa Dua where you can use the beach.

Room Tip: Stay in a villa facing east so that its not too hot in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dman8989

Hello Dman7878,

We appreciate you posting your feedback about your W Experience. The issues you raise are operational and there is always room for improvement. I will be sure to share your notes with our Team. Though we do have the W DNA throughout the Retreat, the concept is to respect the local design and traditions and give it the W twist.

I truly believe that the Retreat is a great destination for honeymoons as there are so many secret spaces to discover and enjoy. Our location also affords us to be in the middle of all that is happening, while still being able to escape in the Retreat when you want to.

Should you return to Bali, we would be happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

As previously stated in multiple reviews, the W Seminyak features very modern and cutting edge architecture and design. If you are into funky design this hotel will not disappoint. The wow factor is definitely present, and the W has the potential to be a truly luxurious escape.

The multi level pool is amazing, and relaxing in one of the many lounge chairs is a great way to unwind. The only factor that we disliked was the many kids that were present. The W markets itself as a high end hotel, a designer escape from the craziness of Bali. However while trying to relax by the pool we were subjected to about twenty kids screaming and splashing water in our direction, so much so that I had to verbally complain. This really ruined the atmosphere and the serenity and peace that we were expecting from the W. The noise of kids screaming while trying to have a relaxing day by the pool was the last thing we expected from a hotel that markets itself as a retreat. For those travelers without children the last thing that we want to be subjected to while on holidays is to be surrounded by children screaming!

I would recommend the W limit the amount of families staying there or have designated kid areas that are well away from the main pool so that people who wish to relax can have a chance to without the noise. Considering the prices that we paid to stay here, we expected more privacy and peace. This really ruined our experience at the W and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to travelers wanting a peaceful place to unwind.

Another aspect that the W could improve on is the cocktail menu. We ordered quite a few drinks and all were mediocre and all paled in comparison with the drinks served at Ku de Ta and Potato head. We were here a year ago when it first opened and can remember the cocktails to be lacking, and a year on it still hasn't improved.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aw101

Hello aw101,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your W Bali Experience was not as expected. You are correct in noting that the W Brand is a 5-star hotel chain and the 4 Retreats do cater to a more exclusive audience. This still rings true at W Bali, however the island destination itself, certainly more so than Maldives, Koh Samui & Vieques, caters to families. The number of families is at its peak when there are school/public holidays. Though we do not have a Kids Club, I will speak with the relevant departments to see where we can better organize activities during these busy times.

Perhaps the next time you come back you can try one of our Marvelous One Bedroom Pool Villas that have more privacy and their own pools. Do let us know if you are returning: gm.craig.seaward@whotels.com.