Stayed 4 nights in the Fantastic 1 BR Villa for our honeymoon as the 2nd half of the trip (1st half staying in Kayumanis Jimbaran, see my review if interested). This is really a chic and brand new resort with lots of potentials. Villas are good for couples. the resort overall is also excellent for friends to hang out, as there're many areas to chill out, have drinks, music everywhere...etc
I walked around the villa area and found that many villas are actually still not completed, i think they only open half of the 1 BR. Most of the uncompleted ones they're still working on the furnitures and decor, also cleaning up the private pool, etc. Only one 2-BR is fully completed, probably for showroom and pic on their web. 3-BR ones are far from completed, still under construction. Having said that, there's no problem of noise from construction during my stay coz as mentioned they're mainly doing the final decor work, but do expect to see some workers in the villa area, we''ve no problem with that.
OK now about the Villa:
- Villa is excellent, chic & modern and most importantly comfortable. Green-tone decor is eye-catching
- Loved the BOSE speaker in the pool deck area (also inside villa), which means sunbath with music in your own villa - fantastic!! So I recommend you to bring some CD/DVD if you plan to spend most of your time inside your villa. They've a DVD movie collection in lobby front desk for borrow as well.
- Public pool is nice and long. Good for swimming. Pool is also great for kids as it has some shallow parts.
- Loved the huge daybed in Ice Bar!! It's the perfect place to chill after pool time, or watch sunset with iced drinks & snacks.
- Yummy food. Recommend grilled jumbo prawns & wagyu beef pizza in FIRE; miso glazed cod with foie gras & the scallop appertizer in Starfish Bloo.
- Spa open 24/7, can go even at 3am if you've problem falling asleep. The spa room we use has a little spaceship feel...
- WooBar grand opened during our stay. It's a huge bar with outdoor rooftop (total 3 floors). Cool place, hard to find in another Bali resort!
- No water for twice, can't blame for new resort.....quickly fixed so only minor problem
- Whatever/Whenver (the service frontdesk). During my stay there're more than 5 times I called but no one answered even after long rings....so i guess it's Whatever but NOT whenever. (but for my in-villa dining calls everytime was being picked up quickly...)
- Villa wall is not too high so you can see top part of the structure in the nearby villas (don't get me wrong you can't peek into your neighbor villa)
- All villas have no seaview as it's located in the inner area behind the main resort building. If you want seaview, go for oceanview room
- Services are great and accruate, but not that kind of excellent personalised service you can get from some boutique villa resorts. Afterall, this is a >200-room property.
Despite the dislikes (which are pretty minor), we still had a memorable great time staying in W for our honeymoon. I'm glad I chose to stay there. If you're planning your Bali trip and want a cool place to stay, this is it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape hectic philosophies, and why not plunge into vibrant glitz amidst natural splendors? We're a new found playground along the shores of Seminyak, where trendsetting chic restaurants, clubs, fashions and eclectic galleries await discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your W Bali - Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- w Retreat And Spa Bali - Seminyak
- W Bali - Seminyak