“Fantastic stay, atmosphere and staff”
Review of Villa Angelo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Villa Angelo
Ranked #138 of 421 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Breda, the Netherlands
“Fantastic stay, atmosphere and staff”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed in Villa Angelo for almost two weeks. It was our first time we stayed in a gay accomodation, and we liked it very much: very quiet, laidback and relaxed and no hanky-panky.
Villa Angelo has a perfect location, close to the gay bars, the centre of Seminyak, the beaches etc. If you like fine-dining: all the nice restaurants with excellent food are just a short taxi-ride away. (KuDeTa, Sardine, Sip, Warisan)
The staff is very friendly and helpfull, just like the Dutch hosts: Bob and Marinus.
The room was very clean, spacious and well furnished en designed, including TV, DVD, AC, minibar.
The Villa has a beautiful well-kept garden with a nice and clean swimmingpool, nice and comfortable daybeds and every morning a very tasty and homemade breakfast! We met a lot of gay men from all over the world, which was nice too.
If we ever visit Bali again, we will try to get a room in Villa Angelo.
Thieu and Will, The Netherlands

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ThieuG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I recently stayed at Villa Angelo with two Australian friends. It is a five-room villa and we occupied three. It is in a perfect location - close to the gay bar area, supermarket, and fabulous coffee shop, Cafe Moca. The villa has four great staff who are all handsome and a lot of fun. Breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool is excellent and a great time to catch up with each others forays. I met someone special while there and will be going back again soon. Thank you all for a great holiday.

Room Tip: I preferred the upstairs room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bearrie
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Loved this place,Stayed for 8 days in early June 2011 with 2 other single friends[all separate rooms].I was warmly greeted,despite the lateness of our arrival from Brisbane,Australia-10pm.All the staff were helpful,obliging and courteous,especially the hosts Marinus and Bob.
The booked room was fabulous-"superior poolside room"-large,airconditioned,with four-poster bed,large full bathroom-lovely stone bath.
The breakfasts were wonderful,cooked by charming staff,who might break into a cheerful song and dance routine ,in between preparing my favourite omelette.
The pool was delightful and refreshing,and the small garden just pure relaxation.
The villa was within an easy walk of great bars,and across the road was a good supermarket.It was only a short taxi ride to Callego Beach and the great restaurants and resorts on the seafront.Just along the road out front were also some great restaurants ,including "Sip" where I had a fine dining dinner.
The thing I liked best was the sense of tranquility and peace,despite being just off the busy centre of Seminyak.Honestly can't think of one thing I didn't like.I'll be back

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I booked Villa Angelo through Bali Friendly, which worked out well. The Villa is well maintained, clean, with a nice swimming pool. Breakfast was good and the internet connection was ok, but not always working. Bob was a great host, as Marinus was away. However, the staff manager, Ekko, behaved entirely inappropriately. He fondled me when I checked in. As I was tired from the flight and my first time in Bali, I just said, "I am not interested." He tried several more times, and I kept rebuffing him. The rest of the week, he threw attitude at me. I spoke to Bob about this and nothing happened. I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank dannypickett
Singapore
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This being my first trip to Bali, I was apprehensive on where to stay. I wanted a quiet and relaxing place and yet not be isolated from the world. I considered a few options and ended up selecting Villa Angelo. This place is really a blessing for me. The staff made me feel at home immediately. They are friendly and provided me with all necessary information for a comfortable stay. They are also very accomodating and try their best to make the stay as comfortable as possible. The Villa is located in a quiet lane (Gang Cempaka) and yet less than three minutes walk away, you will experience the hustle and bustle of the main road with shops, eateries (local warungs as well as restaurants), massage outlets, money changes, etc. It is like two different worlds. The Seminyak Beach is within walking distance, and so are the bars. If you enjoy walking, you can actually take a leisurely stroll to Kuta along the main road. Or you can simply jump on a taxi to Kuta which cost only Rp20,000 to Rp30,000 depending on traffic condition. While there are many accomodation options available in Bali, I would definitely return to Villa Angelo based on its location, service, staff and price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Both my partner and I have stayed at Villa Angelo many times over the past 2 years.
As we are both young we wanted to stay somewhere that was close to beach, shops and clubs, This villa is perfect for all of the above. We have seen many changes to this villa and all for the best.
The rooms are great with plenty of space as same with the bathrooms.
Owners are both great for any of your holiday needs, same with the staff.
If it is your first trip to Bali this place is a great place to stay to slowly adapt and get the right directions on where to find things and what to do.
I would reccommend using 2D Harmony for your airport transfers and Scooter hire< this can be booked thru the villa. Price wise this is money for value with its perfect location.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scubaguys
Sydney
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Villa Angelo is a small boutique property which is superbly located for all of Seminyak's delights - especially the bars along Dhyana Pura - no need to get a taxi - just walk!
Your hosts, Bob and Marinus are warm and helpful at all times. They are there for you, but never intrusive. The boys on staff are very obliging and happy to meet the needs and requirements of the visitor.
Breakfast by the sparkling pool on the verandah is a daily treat!
I will be back for sure :-)

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oztraveller2Sydney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Sunclad Villa
#17 of 421 in Seminyak
Kembali Villas
Kembali Villas
#14 of 421 in Seminyak

Been to Villa Angelo? Share your experiences!