“Consistent”

Grocer & Grind
Ranked #114 of 560 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Grocer and grind is a friendly casual restaurant, great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Superior coffee, sandwiches and salads. Offering take away and delivery services to all local areas, plus a fine selection of produce including wine, cheese and dips to take home. Sample a woodfire pizza, delicious chicken rotisserie or our home made sausages with creamy mash. Open 7 days from 7am til late.
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We have returned for the second year in a row to Bali and have found ourselves back at Grocer & Grind several times in the last week. Good variety of menu options and we have had consistently good meals. Service is generally good. We have found for a lot of items on the menu, the prices are very competitive with other cafes nearby.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Being a long time local getting a good cup of coffee has not been easy on this island, grocer and grind was one of the first places to crack out a good cup of Coffee and is still my favourite spot to hang out in the mornings plus staff are attentive and friendly and never fail to smile

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been travelling to Bali for the past ten years and moved here in January, 2013. The last few visits to G&G has been very disappointing. Plates were dirty and service very poor. One morning I had a meeting so got there early to have breakfast. I ordered the corn pancakes, they were not cooked properly, very doughy. I informed the waitress, she put the fork through them and said yes not cooked. Shrugged her shoulders and walked away with the plate. I was not offered an apology, not offered an alternative and no refund. One of these would have been sufficient. I drive past this everyday and see less and less people in it. It used to be PACKED! Like other reviewers have said go to Cafe Bali, Sea Circus or Bali Bakery.

mariehewson, Owner at Grocer & Grind, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hi I am horrified my staff would not respond to your dissatisfaction. We service a lot of customers every day with excellent reviews and yes i know we get it wrong sometimes. It is a daily struggle keeping consistency within our systems and standards, and you should know that by living in bali what's it like. I am saddened you would mention other places for readers to go to, I am sure you have a business here and know how difficult it is to have 100percent all of the time. I would be happy to meet with you to apologize personally for our shortfall on your visit and am once again truly sorry. Just to also let you know we have reviewed the corn hotcakes recipe to improve them.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Three years ago this was the place to be for breakfast. Now it is tired, lacklustre and frankly isnt worth the effort. The service is poor, the place is tatty and the food is dull. What a shame....

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The salads are a welcome change from a lot of the other food on offer in Seminyak. We ordered 3 different kinds, Thai Beef (excellent), Tuna Nicoise (good) Vietnamese (disappointing).