“Brilliant hotel, friendly staff and great location”
Review of The Haven Bali

The Haven Bali
Ranked #61 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My dad and I shared a twin room for 4 nights and we were lucky enough to have a room right in front of the pool! So we could wake up in the morning and go for a swim and stroll right back into our room before heading up to the bustling restaurant for breakfast.
Breakfast was amazing to say the least with a huge selection of fruits, cereals, juices, cold meats and cheeses and also a chef cooking you hot breakfasts to order.
There is also a complimentary shuttle bus that will take you down to the beach where there are reserved lounge chairs for resort guests.
Rooms were serviced daily and very clean and also have DVD players for those lazy nights when you don't feel like heading out on the town. Be careful with the air-con as it is very strong and will cool the room down almost too cool.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the reception are quieter. Ground floor rooms by the pool are great, but hav...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KiwiDiverAbroad
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear KiwiDiverAbroad

Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you had a great experience and enjoy our facilities and also our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Warmest Regards from Bali

The Management

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We booked this place online. On arrival, we were upgraded to a suite and were very impressed with this hotel. The staff were super friendly, the room was immaculate, the breakfast was sensational - waffles, eggs, pancakes all made to order. The location is right in the middle of the shopping strip with lots of great restaurants, shopping, money exchange at a good rate. We had a great time here.

Room Tip: We were in a suite (Rm 215). Exceptional.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Amanda M

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at The Haven Seminyak and our facilities as our guest satisfaction is our top priority.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Warmest Regards from Bali

The Management

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at The Haven June 2012, got a great deal and totally loved it.

On arrival it was a breeze no dramas straight to our gorgeous room. We had a standard room and preferred that over any of the others as it was right at the front of the hotel. Had a pool view. Modern rooms. Dont expect a bath thought,( we didnt, but I see other reviewers did)

Probably the first thing we noticed when going into the room was not alot of privacy in the toilet/bathroom but we made a joke of it but it was not a big deal, as long as you didnt look in the mirror, (whilst you were in the room) which was in the bathroom so no real problem at all.

Pool was nice but no swim up bar or anything like that just lazing around but you could order if you wished.

Alot of reviewers say about the loud band in the restaurant but this was no way a problem! Not really sure why that would be a problem as it wasnt so loud where we were, ( I think our room was 2007) great!!! Wifi good too free!

Breakfast was to die for was glorious,ok yes it was bascially the same every day but omg they had so much of it and to look out onto the street was fab! I cant really see why anyone could complain about the breakfast how much do you really need to eat!!

Close to beach if you like to walk not too far, but mainly cab it if you dont really want to walk in the humidity, cheap ride there though.

Cannot say anything bad about The Haven, totally loved it!!!! we were just about the book it again when we decided last minute to go to another place in Seminyak...stay tuned....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed in hotel (really wished we had booked villa or suite they look amazing).
Breakfast is great egg station , pancake and waffle station are a must.

Hotel Staff are friendly ,
arrived back to hotel on husband birthday and they had left birthday cake and on check out wished him a happy birthday

The only problem we had was every afternoon we were locked out of our room so had to keep going to lobby to get them to redo the room keys.

The room was a little bit of a let down - the floors where dirty , mold in shower

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mandy01481
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Visited Bali with my wife & our 3month old baby. We were given a suite at room 216. As requested a baby cot was also provided for. Despite the flight of stairs & the distance to the room, the ambience there was good. Even the slippers had a personalised touch & actually fit me. We were happy with The Haven. The next day we realised that it would be impossible to shower our baby in the rain shower & there was no tub or pail available. Called reception & was told they have no solution to our situation. Breakfast seemed catered for the European & relatively the same everyday. Over the night we tot it wld be strange that there was no room with a bathtub in The Haven, so I called the reception to request for a room with a tub. Though peeved they didn't suggest it was happy they accommodated the request. Boy was I mistaken, it was like from heaven to hell when we were move to room 4012. Even the slippers were different & didn't fit my size. Overall, I think it's ok to stay here but they really need to improve on their service quality. Staff here simply work on Standard operational procedures & can't think on their feet. Sigh!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank AbdulWahabHussein
Reviewed April 3, 2013

On arrival the Reception staff were very rude and not helpful at all, after any flight this is the last thing you want. Asked for a later check out from 1pm to 6pm was told this will cost me $165US - please. Had two more dealing with Reception staff and again on both times very rude and not interested in helping. Had to wait for over 2hrs to get someone to open our safe as it broke, lucky we didnt have any medication in there.

When ckecking out my receipt was my room number, my surname and what we purchased but the first name and address were not mine, so who knows who got my details.

Interesting that our transfer ride to the airport the staff member for that company even said that they find the reception staff very rude and not helpful, he was running a few minutes late to collect us and he called the Hotel, he was rudely told that they had no guest under our name, when he said we are leaving today again was told that we never stayed there.

All the other staff were brilliant, all happy very friendly, always spoke when you walked past them and they couldnt do enough for you.
Breakfast was disappointing, I have been to Patong numerous times and the breakfasts there are huge and full one, here was very basic and not a good choice.

Overall, room was good but fridge didnt get cold at all, hotel pools very good and again all other staff were fantastic, would I stay here again NO.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deanne N
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel has a Natural Theme, started from the Lobby. The hotel itself has 2 Entry point, from the Main road and the other is for the Lobby suites.

We will see the Coffee shop first then the Lobby. The coffee shop itself I found quite noisy, not only it is exposed to the Main road (so much) but also its Radio has that lousy volume.

The lobby is simple with a straight view to the Pool and Rooms. I got my room upgraded to Suite, unfortunately, I felt the services was quite different from what they gave to me compared to the foreign. After the check-in Process, the staff showed me the way to the Room 'from the miniature' instead taking me there. Well, I thought they were busy anyway.

Along the way to the room, I met some of the staff, I gave them smile and they just passed me like I wasn't there. Geez ... Naturally Elegant staff. But when I asked the security which way to my room, he politely showed me the way, now that's Naturally Bali.

Suite room was best choice, unfortunately, we need to ask the management for the kitchenware. I only have one glass in my room. The bed was the best, very comfort, especially the pillow, it looks so Big but very soft when I used it.

The balcony provide 1 Double bed. Bed... in Balcony, I don't know what to say, is it an art or way to waste space? I found it funny but it just doesn't feel right. There are 2 AC in the room, too bad my AC in the bedroom was not Cooling anything, it doesn't blow a wind. I have to open the door to the living room.

Bathroom was very small even with its big bath tub. Not really convenience to use the show here. There's a small/ slight open-space between the Bedroom and the Bathroom, because the bed & bath separated by a big Glass. Even we close the door, that small space beside the glass are not very good choice for Suite room. They did pretty Feng Shui job by putting a bamboo inside bathroom, unfortunely this small open are the Inconvenience part in the Suit room.

The living room was facilitate by automatic-light. It will dim/ turned off when u left the living room for a while, and it will turned back on when u come back. Haven did a pretty saving here. The carpet, sofa, table, furnitures and tv were designed modernly luxurious. I can spend the whole day here.

Room Service was great. The staff were polite. The food were very tasty, very western taste.

The nightmare is in the Breakfast. The coffee shop concept beside the pool are cool, but the Staff I found were not well trained for an International hotel.

The bbq staff, didn't cooked the meats consistently. I could taste a different taste between one sausage and another sausage, it could be medium rare or well or even too well done. Some of the staff always did greetings to foreign instead of local people who stayed there. I really found very inconvenience. Too bad the manager wasn't around. Staffs didn't regularly check the conditions of the food, drinks nor the dishes. I found the water dispenser were empty and they just laugh to each other rather than doing their job.

Haven were designed Naturally and I found some natural mistakes that need to be fixed right away. Haven was a great choice for anyone who need comfort place to stay with modern design for their room. Too bad, I still found lacks of staff performances.

Haven was Naturally Elegant designed but they lost its soul for the Natural of Bali.

Thanks but Definitely not going BACK ...

Room Tip: - Suite room are best choice but Poor for Breakfast facility - Suites building are Quiter because i...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business