“Excellent location & good room :)”
Review of The Haven Bali

The Haven Bali
Ranked #59 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Haven Seminyak seems to be modern hotel in the middle of the busy Seminyak. The price are reasonable. The room is spacious. Love the bathroom too. AC is working very well.
The (-) : This place is way too noisy because of the sound from the homeband of the restaurant itself. Is it just me or the music won't stop from the morning until in the night time? For nap time lovers or you want to sleep early maybe this one will annoying you unless you sleep like a dead person :)

BUT so far the room is nice, lovely, comfortable! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Giannilucha
Write a ReviewReviews (1,919)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is our 5th trip to Bali, we have stayed at different hotels each time with different results, but for the price we paid the Haven ticks all the right boxes for us, Check in went smoothly, porter and reception very helpful and friendly, as were all the staff, They have 3 types of accommodation that you can choose from, Hotel, villa and suites, we stayed in a hotel room, and yes it can be a bit noisey, but hey your on Bali and in the middle of seminyak what can expect?? If you want piece and quite and no traffice stay in Udud, yes there is live music in the restaurant on most nights, but again it was always over at 10- 10.30 pm, the rooms were nice and clean, nice comfortable bed and the best pillows I have ever found in a hotel, the buffet brealfast was great, everything one could ask for and more, the staff in Sabeen restaurant are fantastic, Ayu and Nia are always smiling and happy to help, the Friday BBQ was fantastic. Sitting in the front of the restaurant over looking the street of an evening with a cocktail relaxing and watching the world go by was great, yes the prices are a bit high, but it is a four star hotel and not a warung on the street. On our next trip to Bali we won't waste our time seaching for another hotel, we'll be straight back to the haven, Highly recommend

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was so worried before the trip because I was responsible for choosing a hotel not only for me and my husband, but also for other 4 ppl in our group. I didn't want to spoil other ppl's holidays, so I read all reviews of about 50 hotels. And gosh I am so happy I ended up choosing this hotel. Everything was just perfect!

My Mum and my Gran, 2 of my nieces, my husband and me, we all were so happy with our rooms - they upgraded our rooms to suites for free and it was a perfect start of our holiday.

Breakfast was real good. Location is great. Beach club was very nice too. But most of all – the stuff – they all were just nice, helpful, and responded fast to any request.

And the departure lounge was a perfect ending. Actually I never saw a departure lounge in other hotels and we all found it very useful. I will definitely stay there again. We all just loved it

Room Tip: Tip: Back Lobby and rooms there are quiet. And it's closer to the beach club Taxi Tip: take &q...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yelena10
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Boy where do I begin. Tonight is my second night here and I am really dreading the rest of my stay. I would've actually moved to a different hotel if I didn't book a non-refundabel 7 night stay. This is definitely not a 4-star hotel.

Bad:
Noise - There's no escape from the noise. I requested moving to a different room because I was so close to the restaurant and the live music was very loud. The front desk was very friendly and moved me all the way to the opposite side. However, I can still hear the music very clearly, and now I also get all the noise from the rowdy crowd at the pool. All the reviews about thin walls are true. I can hear everything in the next room. Basically you get noise from restaurant, pool, construction next door, roosters all morning starting before 7am. Depending on where your room is, you might also hear the loud music from the restaurant across the street that plays well after 10pm.

Shower - the shower has a funky moldy smell. The shower door doesn't block any water from leaking out. So if you don't place a towel on the floor outside the door, prepare for big water puddle on bathroom floor. In fact, I think even the the bottom of the glass wall is leaking because trash can right next to the shower stall also has a puddle of water underneath.

In room wifi - there isn't one really. Most of the time my devices cannot even see the wifi network. When I can connect, the connection is slower than a dialup and it would get dropped very 2 minutes. I stopped trying to use it at all and just use the 3G on my local SIM card.

Good:
Staff is friendly - front desk is nice and helpful. Just about everyone I run into is nice and friendly with a smile
Location - it has quite a few restaurants nearby and is pretty central to everything.
Breakfast -  breakfast is good with decent selection of pastry

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Me and my wife stayed there for 5 nights (Feb 2013) and got the Haven Room. I got the Last Minutes Deal and it was a really cheap one (50% discount). Anyway, there are pros & cons that I want to share:

* Great location. It is a 10-15 minutes walk to Double Six Beach. A lot of kiosk, cafes & restaurants in surrounding. There is a 24 hours mini market just in front of the hotel. Also, you'll find it easy to get a taxi (especially Blue Bird taxi).
* Great breakfast. Not so many choices but the taste was great. Careful with flies. Some were all over the food. Also, if you want to find a table or sit, just coming right in. Don't get fool with the sign which tells you to wait to be seated. There were no servants coming or help you. I had to stand almost 5-7 minutes to get seated.
* The room was very clean and the bed was so comfy. If possible, ask for the room at the back of the hotel. It is more quite.
* The bathroom was clean but to bad it uses glass wall (see-through glass). No privacy at all if you stay with friends.
* Love the amenities (you'll get everything you need). But check again after they make up your room. My coffee cup and spoon was still dirty.
* Staffs are friendly and helpful, but some will treat you differently if you are a local tourist.
* Love the restaurant (café). Excellent place to hangout until 2 AM. Beware, if you are a local tourist, several servants will treat you differently. If you are a foreigner, you will be treated as a king or queen. Even they will let you bring and eat (or drink) from outside.
* I got pick up ride from the airport (the driver was friendly), late check out (2 PM) and others from the Last Minute Deal. It was an excellent deal.
* I hadn't try the swimming pool. But it looks great and tempting.

In summary, I was very happy and enjoy my stay. I will going back to this hotel if they improve the quality of staffs, services or there are any interesting packages or deals. In normal price, it is a bit expensive. Once again, careful if you are a local or domestic tourist. This hotel is not friendly with you.

Room Tip: Make sure you get room in the back of the hotel and high level if you need a quite room. If you have...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed in a one bed room suite, and it was very nice. You walk in far from the crowded street so even though it's in the heart of the main street, it is not noisy at all. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The bathroom with the rainshower was very nice and had a huge day bed on the balcony. quite good.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location, good breakfast, proximity to beach and market is what makes this property truly unique.
After reading positive reviews about this hotel on tripadvisor, we had no doubts to go ahead with bookings and trust me every single penny worth.
Rooms were of decent size with on-house mini bar and TV. You can select villas if your budget allows for unique experience. There are lots of good eating options around the hotel.
If you looking for pulse of city and tranquility of sea then this could be your perfect choice. My rating would be 8/10.

Important tip: Bali is a place to show your Superb negotiation skills. Don't offer anything more than 50% of quoted price. HapPy vacations!!

• Stayed: January 2013