“Little gem!!!!!”
Review of The Haven Bali

The Haven Bali
Ranked #64 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I think the Haven has received some undue criticism. I stayed here for 4 nights at the back end of November. I Am amazed it is so far down the list of best hotels in Seminyak. The staff are friendly and very helpful, the breakfast buffet was sound, the rooms were great. Yes, when sitting at the front bar there is noise and traffic going by, that's Bali, come on get a grip, if you want peace and quiet, get to Nusa Dua.. Keep up the good work Haven, I, for one, will be returning....

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Karlandjoanne
There are newer reviews for The Haven Bali

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My booking with The Haven was one of those rare lucky coincidences where everything just worked out to my full satisfaction and at a reasonable rate. I had a unit in the suite area which consists of a bedroom and bath, a living room with a pantry and a spacious balcony with a day bed. The interior as well as the garden area are modern and stylish, the offering complete. The place is 3 years old and - from what I could see - in great demand in spite of the slow period around this time of the year. In spite of that, the property shows little wear and tear and it is well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. Apart from perhaps the coffee on tap, the breakfast buffet offering should not disappoint even more demanding palates. Also the hotel's location is a plus as one side borders the busy main shopping street of Seminyak and the other one leads out to a side street through which one can access the beach and the bar strip around the Cocoon within a couple of minutes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2012

As I travel to Bali regularly , I choose to stay at the The Haven Hotel, Seminyak . It is like my home away from home for the last 3 years . As my main focus in bali is on business, I need a hotel that can deliver on the basics such as good airconditioning, a clean room, strong wifi, laundry being dropped in time and an onsite restaurant that serves good food. I can find all this in the Haven.

I find the hotel to be excellent value for money, and the location extremely handy to everything. But the main reason I keep returning is because of the friendly and professional nature of the Haven's staff.

The Haven staff have a "can do" attitude that it always backed up with a smile. Thankyou the Haven team - I will return !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bergsoz
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear bergsoz,

Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had our first trip to Bali in October this year. We stayed at The Haven for 4 nights out of 10. We stayed in a Villa and were very impressed with all that it had to offer. Found all service very friendly and breakfast each day was beautiful - I think arriving early was the key!! Our room was serviced twice a day and had all room service requests promptly answered. Great location and we took advantage of the beach shuttle. We would definitely stay here again (can't wait to get back in fact!!!).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Larissa505,

Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at The Haven Seminyak and our facilities as our guest satisfaction is our top priority.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 9 nights during our stay at Seminyak. When we initially arrived for check in, we were informed that we had to have a twin bed room the first night as they do not have the kind bed room as we originally booked. The employee said sorry but can you stay in a twin bed room and I said.. well if we have too? We did book a kind bed room, and he said that for the first night we will stay there but then move to our kind bed room the next day. There was so compensation offered at all, and then the employee went on to say we will offer you free Wifi as in to say we received it as we were burdened by the room but i mentioned to him that was part of the booking. Him doing this annoyed me,

The next day we had to 'check out' then 'check back in' to our king bed room, This was a pain as we had to pack everything up and they had to look after out luggage then wait until check in time.

What i do not understand is why did they take a booking if they did not have the room available?

The buffet breakfast was not bad, and the pool was nice and the pool workers were very nice. Most staff are very nice and the cleaners are lovely and always greeting us when we would walk out of my room.

I would say overall this was an alright place for the price but i do not think i would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Melissa124,

Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you understand that we do not guarantee any bed type upon booking, however we do our best to accommodate our guest with their request. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed our services and facilities as our guest satisfaction is our top priority. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I thought I would post this as when I was home I was checking these daily. We checked in yesterday and were upgraded to suites from the hotel (as a lot of people seem to be). The staff are fabulous and very attentive and polite. After checking in we had dinner at Sabeen and the food was second to none - wonderful satay and nasi goreng. Few Bintangs watching the craziness go by outside.

Had a swim and then hit the sack. It surprises me to read previous reviews about mozzies everywhere and anything negative. We have seen 1 mozzie since arriving and although there have been a few flies, it is just like Melbourne (we r from Gold Coast).

I think some people will whinge about anything but u need to remember we r in a different country and the people are different as is their lifestyle. Those who have previously complained about dirty streets and noise from road, get over it - it is all part of "the experience".

Well done "the haven" keep up the good work.

Any TA people, feel free to message me if u have any queries. I have posted this in the forum as well.

Dan

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Zeussy1976
Reviewed November 30, 2012

One of those trip planning when you have no choice but to stay in hotels which are part of the deals you get in tour packages, we had intuition that our stay would not be good and it came true when we checked in. Rooms were not ready, the check in process was dead slow!
Hotel is located on main road where heavy traffic passes 24 hours..! Not good for a sound sleep.

Food is just way too expensive for the quality and quantity they have to offer!

Overall service, food, accommodation is just not worth the money you have to pay for.

It was simply bad choice for me!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple