The Haven Bali
  • Breakfast included
BudhaStay(Seminyak)
Bonsai Villas(Seminyak)
1,995 results
All reviewshaven roomsabeen restaurantbedroom suitebeach clubbintang supermarketstandard roombuffet breakfastan upgradeground floorday bedclose to shopspool sidenice poolthe main streetthe hustle and bustleseminyak areapools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I Stayed from 18 Sept - 20 Sept 2012. The restaurant is noisy, don't know why they have to turn the music load until midnight, while nobody eating. I stayed in Haven Room no. 3001, and asked to change the room to 4018 because of that, but unfortunately the room also noisy, this time from the air condition (AC), they need to repair the AC. The Hotel near to the boutiques in Seminyak road, with few restaurants, but need to walk around 15 mnts to the beach. The hotel provided shuttle to beach. The hospitality ok, but the room very standard, quality for 3 star hotel, but the price 4 - 5 star hotel. Pool ok, not big, but enough. The bathroom door is made of glass, so not suitable if you travelling with your son. I don't like the bed, too soft for backbone. The room interior design very standard, but the space ok for two people.

Room Tip: not recommended for family, you better ask for connection room. choose upper level for quiet room, but check the location not near restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank durbul
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I really was looking forward to this Hotel and Bali trip, a few hours in and I am already disappointed. we have unfortunately been let down by the management and haven staff, if you are going to offer 4 star or better services at least offer a welcome drink to the guests! The front reception takes 20 minutes to sort out our checking and then tell us our room is not ready until 3pm, not good. It was 12 noon so we had to wait 3 hours for the room, I then had to continually ask them for the room rather than them identify we were waiting by the pool, service was poor for such a nice property, let's hope it improves so I can report something positive!

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Brad G
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Brad G,
Marvelous Spirit from THE HAVEN... Naturally Elegant.
We have received your concern regarding some issues at the The Haven Seminyak Bali. Let me assure you that this matter has been taken very seriously. We acknowledged all the concerns and certainly will use this to guide us in reaching the target in delivering better services to our valued customers. I thank you for your patronage.
Warmest Regards from Bali

The Management

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights a week ago. The over all experience was fantastic. Staff were very friendly. We were lucky enough to get an upgrade to a suite with our 'MyTime' deal that we got. The suites were very nice indeed. Big bad, wrap around balcony with outdoor beds and a big dining table. Very spacious and clean. We seemed to get a few mosquitos in the room though.

The breakfast was amazing. The suites and villes have their own pool and dining area, which is great. Alot of options for breakfast: omelette station, pancake and waffle station, many different types of breads and pastries, hot breakfast items like bacon, sausages. They rotate the hot items every day so you get variety. They had nasi goreng, chicken curry on some days. They also have cereals, tropical fruit and cold meats & cheese. Loved it!

The hotel restaurant and bar Sabeen is great. You can sit and watch all the people and scooters go by. They usually have live entertainment each night. We didnt eat there but food looked quite good.

Gym is quite small and basic but does the job if you are keen to use it whilsts on holidays. Has 3 cardio machines, dumbells, 1 bench and 1 all in one weight machine.

The pool/s were great. Always staff there to help. Great big sun beds in the suite area. Was fantastic.

Location wise, its in the middle of everything. Its a handy location. A short walk to the beach and shops. Bintang supermarket is pretty close as well. Not that close to the fancier bars but its a short cab ride away. They are cheap enough anyway.

Overall, had an excellent stay. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice place. Very attractive rooms with comfy beds. Very nice breakfast. it's always weird to be in a tourist place on business; sitting alone, but this wasn't bad even for eating alone.

I booked through agoda at the last minute and couldn't get the confirmation to forward to the hotel. I was showing it to them on my iPad, but they wouldn't check me in till they got the PDF. Seemed silly, but it's a huge place, maybe they get people cheating?

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went with my Wife for a get away since i was in Singapore. Not a Bad hotel but a long walk to the beach. Good Pool. Rooms are good but the one close to the restaurant is a bit noisy especially when they have there music. They changed the room though when we complained the next day. The overall trip was good. we were out most of the time. Good place to see.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back not under the restaurant close to the entrance.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple