“Best Breakfast Ever” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 142 Hotels in Seminyak
Brisbane, Australia
“Best Breakfast Ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I knew and heard about the Haven many times, and whenever I went to Bali and Seminyak, I saw this hotel. But, I never thought that I would stay there, because it looked like a bit hectic with the hotel from Seminyak street. As normally I like less hectic hotel.
Anyway, then I had a small trip with my family, then we tried Seminyak, as all of them prefer Seminyak area. We booked for 2 bedroom suite for 3 days.
Well, we came to the hotel, and it was great to have separate Lobby with the normal one. They do have special lobby for Suite and Villas. The room was spacious, huge, we were all 4 of us, but we still had lots of spaces to run. We had big living room, Big TV (we had 3 TV's), fully equipped kitchen, Huge bathroom, and private balcony. I mean, we had 3 balconies. Three!!! And 3 separate entrance doors. So, you still have your own privacy.
Since you are in the middle of the seminyak, do not expect for the best view. Please enjoy other houses and properties roof.
Breakfast, best part!Plenty of food. I mean, super generous food. The do have 3 live cooking stations, egg, pancakes, and even bacon and sausages. It was not very crowded, since the restaurant is special for Suites and Villas guest only. So, no long queue.
Swimming pool is the best place to relax too. They do have 2 swimming pool for suites and villas block, and another 1 for hotel room. So, again, no more fighting for sun loungers or sun.
Only some couple things that we found not really perfect. The Housekeeping sometime took long time for them to clean our suite, even one day they cleaned it at 2 pm, after we called them twice since morning. But they did clean very good. And if you go to swimming pool, and bring the towel to your room, they will suspiciously ask your room number etc. Most probably, most of the towels were missing before. And last, sometime they were not too flexible for the place to eat. For example, I was in the pool, and would like to order food from the restaurant, we had to extra request them to give us the menu from restaurant, not from the Pool bar. In fact, the location only next to other. And Spa staff, if they were able to work efficiently, it would be great!
Anyway, in general, they were GREAT,,and really enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Choose 4th floor suite, and stay at the suites of Villa. It is worth of money.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ChloeJenna
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear ChloeJenna

Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic experience and enjoy our breakfast. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed in a suite for 4 nights and we had the most brilliant experience during our stay at this hotel.

We arrived late afternoon and were checked in straight away, reception wasn't at all busy. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and welcoming. We were shown to our room on the ground floor and were pleasantly surprised - the room was amazing! Contrary to most hotels, the images shown on the Haven website do not do the rooms justice at all.

Our suite consisted of a spacious living room and kitchen space, there is also a dining area which we took advantage of when ordering room service. There is a dvd and cd player included in the room - the TV has many English channels which we were impressed with.

The bedroom is just as an impressive, there's plenty of storage space for luggage. The bathroom is also very spacious. The entire suite was immacutley clean.

We had breakfast included within our package and we looked foreward to it every morning - there is chef on hand to make fresh pancakes, waffles, fresh toast and eggs everyday. There is not much choice in the way of fruit but there's a large selection of breads, pasties, cakes, cereals etc. The breakfast area is rather small and you do sometimes have to wait for a table, but it is worth the wait.

The staff at the hotel are lovely, I have stayed in many nice hotels in different countries and have never met such friendly staff. Every staff member that we walked passed everyday gave us a friendly "hello, how are you?" without fail - although it must be said we found that the people in Bali were all just generally very friendly!

Following the reviews I read here, prior to arriving I did email the hotel to request a room away from the construction. When shown to our room I was pleased to see they had noted my request and our room was on the opposite side of the where the construction was taking place. When walking through the hotel, I did notice the rooms next to the construction site and the noise coming from the area is very loud.

The hotel gym is very small, there is only one treadmill and one multi-function weight machine. We ate at the hotel restaurant one night as they had an 'all you can eat' BBQ - we loved the food and well worth the value.

As part of our package we had access to the lounge area, where everyday between 4-6pm free drinks were served with canopes. We went there everyday for our free glasses of wine - we were quite suprised that there was not limit on the drinks!

The hotel is split into two, with the main hotel facing the front (on the main busy road) and suites are located at the back (on the quieter road). There are two seperate pools for the main hotel and suites and two seperate restaurants/breakfast areas. If budget allows, I would definitley recommend staying in the suites - it is really worth it.

We loved our stay at this hotel and would definitley stay here again, it provides excellent value for money as it feels as if you're staying in a 5* resort - the amenities in the room, friendly staff and excellent food all contribute to this.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite and email in advance and ask for a room away from the contruction
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank r17byx
Dear r17byx,
Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic experience and enjoy our services. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Very modern hotel. Great location in hustle of seminyak. Beware of the see through bathroom door if staying with a friend

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Yibbasmum
Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you had a fabulous experience. Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. We have recently modified most of the bathroom to add privacy.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

We walked by The Haven a few times when we were in Seminyak and remarked on how cool the outside deck was. It overlooks a water feature and is an excellent place to people watch. The third time, we decided not to walk by and went in. We ordered cocktails, which were excellent, but pricey and were filled with ice - not much booze. The service was very slow and inattentive. We used the washrooms which were modern and clean - not always the case in Bali. We didn't realize this was a hotel until we went in. It looked very clean and modern. The pool area was on a lower level. It was large but we weren't sure if it got much sunshine. The location, if you want to be in the center of the action, can't be beat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear YYC_traveler_10
Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic experience and enjoy our facilities. Thank you for your feedback.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Keeping in mind this is a budget style....
I loved this easy flowing, layed back hotel.
Check in was good, I was upgraded to a nice room. I recommend you pre-check in, earlier than the check in time, the front desk gets quite busy. The staff is nice and friendly.
I loved the pool area, it's uniquely placed at the bottom of the hotel, so although you feel removed you just swim twards the front of the hotel and you can socialize with other guests.
I enjoyed the casual breakfast buffet.
What I liked most about this hotel is that it was centrally located and a very good value for the money.
Be sure to take advantage of their special services and perks...
They have a Beach Club that is free to hotel guests. Offering a great break from the beach.
They have a Special Area catering to guests that need extended stay time... If you have a late flight out this place is a Godsend. For just $25US you have acces to a relaxing area, shower facilities and a place to chill before your flight.

Room Tip: Be sure to visit Agoda.com for the BEST rates for this hotel. I saved $45US!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Ifuhadwings,
Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!
I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at The Haven Seminyak and our facilities as our guest satisfaction is our top priority.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

A nice place to stop from the heat of shopping and crazy street bustle. Good menu, nice breeze, good prices, friendly staff. We took our baby and the staff made us and baby feel extra welcome.
Shame the smokers are in the front, we got smoke blowing on us.... What you expect in Asia i know.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

True to its brand name, the Haven Hotel delivers a stylish sanctuary on Jalan Raya Seminyak.
Upon arrival, the Haven boasts a welcoming entrance, as the front of the hotel features an elevated deck area, surrounded by soothing water features and a lovely pond before the lobby.

Guests and visitors can sit outside on this lovely decked area overlooking the street which extends from the hotel’s bar and restaurant. This is a great spectator spot for afternoon drink, an evening cocktail or dinner while ‘people watching’ the passing parade of activity before you.

Even, when it rains, you can sit comfortably outside with a drink in hand, without getting wet. I spotted a couple of cute frogs doing the same: reclining here while I was having drinks one afternoon and later met some resident lizards basking in the sun. This was a nice touch.

I reserved a Haven room and stayed for six nights. My room was on the ground level, overlooking the pool. At first I was worried about potential noise from other guests, as my room opened out onto a small semi-private patio overlooking the pool. Noise was not an issue, although I did need to keep my drapes closed when I wasn’t there as other guests walking by would possibly see into my room, if they chose to, though this is probably unlikely.

My room was framed by lovely views of the walled, hanging gardens opposite. The pool was cleaned nightly and the hotel mosquito bombed at specific intervals advised. I never saw one mosquito while I was here.

As is typical in many hotels around the world, I did hear quite a few doors being slammed from neighbouring rooms though, nothing too intrusive, just a tad annoying.

My room was really fabulous, elegant and generous in size, high ceilings, clean and decorated with soothing neutral tones coupled with a cool tiled floor. There was a room safe, robes, slippers, and a reasonable amount of hangers. The room featured a flat screen TV, very comfortable King bed, lovely bed cushions, clean, crisp, white sheets and two bedside tables. Great for an afternoon nap.

The bathroom is lovely and the shower had excellent water pressure with a large shower head. There was also a suite of lovely toiletry products, which were replaced regularly. Two bottles of water are provided daily also regularly replaced and the rooms are serviced to a high standard. Service staff were charming, polite and very helpful.

During your stay here, you will hear the sounds of the neighbouring rooster crowing each morning, a reminder you are in Bali, nothing to disturb your stay, actually it’s kind of nice.

A buffet breakfast was included with my reservation and was excellent quality with variety.

As a solo traveller, I found it easier to eat at the hotel before I went out during the evening, and I was not disappointed. The food was faultless, a really good price for a hotel and it was convenient knowing the quality was there, the environment was clean and well serviced and atmosphere was always lively and pleasant.

I never felt uncomfortable eating or drinking in the restaurant or bar alone, the atmosphere is really welcoming and staff do make an effort to make you feel included. I often had a cocktail by myself, wrote postcards, read my books and just chilled on the outside deck overlooking the street.

I had friends staying down the road at a luxury villa orientated towards couples; who came to the Haven to meet me on several occasions and absolutely loved the outdoor sitting area overlooking the street and the easy, social atmosphere this property has.

Another plus, was the excellent security of the property, including guards and checks. It wasn’t invasive, rather it was quite comforting to know, that my well being was being considered. There is no complacency here you will likely be approached by security when you enter the property even as a guest.

The only downside of my experience was that I wasn’t advised that there was a limit on room expenditure on my credit card held on file. This caused me some panic when I was told my limit had been reached via a recorded telephone message received late one night. As I was using a debit/credit card I was totally freaked out when I interpreted this as being I had no funds left on my card. This caused me unnecessary anguish, thinking I had been victim of some fraudulent activity during my travels in Bali. The reality was the Haven sets a limit on room charges accrued during your stay and prefers that payment is settled when charges reach their desired limit. As this wasn’t explained to me on check-in, I was relieved to know, I hadn’t been scammed. This is clearly a process issue and one that could be better addressed. I charged everything to my room during my stay including: laundry, food and drinks so it seems my hotel limit was reached fairly quickly. In saying that my actual bill was really reasonable and what I consider to be average, so, maybe the hotel limit needs to be revised up.

The Haven also offers reasonable airport transfers, which I used and was pleased that I did, as the airport congestion upon arrival was really chaotic. It was nice to know that I had someone looking out for me who was taking me to my destination safely.

The hotel has an internet lounge with three modern computers for guest use with a password received from reception. Connection is excellent and there always seemed to be availability when I needed it.

Overall, a great stay, a little bit of luxury for a reasonable price, perfect location- walking distance to everything you need. This is a clean, contemporary property offering a touch of harmony in a lively street.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo