New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Haven Bali

The Haven Bali
Ranked #63 of 138 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Stay! Will Return for Next Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed in a one bedrom suite at the Haven and had a lovely time there. The service staff were impeccable in their manners and always took the initiative to pre-empt our needs. As we travel at least four times to Bali for R&R a year, it was great to have found The Haven.

Service aside, we appreciate the effort put into the planning and maintenance of the landscaped areas (esp. the POOL!), as well as the cleanliness of the rooms and common areas. As the suites are situated at the back of the lot, we were able to get away from the hustle and bustle of the traffic at the front (where the hotel rooms are), but not compromise on the location and proximity to the shops.

We especially appreciate the shuttle service to and fro the beach front area. As mentioned before, the staff at the beach (Eka) was especially helpful and patient with all our needs. However, it would have been better if the shuttle was on a standby basis, rather than running on a schedule - much more convenient - although we also understand the perspective of the hotel mgt.

Another aspect of the hotel that we didn't particularly like was the lack of freshly laundered linens - unlike some other resorts we've stayed in previously - although this may seem an idiosyncrasy and may be brushed aside easily.

Bottomline, we're in the midst of making another booking for another stay with The Haven next month! =)

Room Tip: Take the suites for more peace and quiet!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lingylin
TheHavenManagement, General Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Ms lingylin,

We were delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

Your note related to linens already shared to related department and we will make sure this matter will not happening again in the future.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to The Haven Seminyak.

Personal Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

MY friend and I wanted a quick getaway and since I was In Indonesia, Bali was the destination of choice.

We checked into the Haven when we first got there and loved it immediately. The stuff were great! They were attentive, efficient and completely on the ball,

Unfortunatley due to a lack of space we had to check out after a few days and ended up having the worst experience at a place called the B Villas. Where we were horrified by the their treatment. We then decided to head back to the Haven to try and see if they had any vacancies. They were as expected superb and organized something for us immediately!

I actually asked to meet the G.M. as I wanted to tell him how great our experience had been. He was highly appreciative and incredibly responsive and prodded us to give him some feedback as to how they could further improve themselves and continue to provide us with an international standard of service.

Top marks to them for making it such an incredible and pleasurable stay!

My only thing is that the dining area and food needs some working on but otherwise its a lovely experience and great value for what its is.

So to all the lovely staff at The Haven, Thank you once again! We hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: poolside rooms tend to be nosier
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed only one night in this hotel, as we needed a hotel for one night before our flight back home. As we had just been to beautiful resorts in Ubud, Canggu and Gili Trawangan, we were a bit skeptical of what awaited us at this hote, but when we arrived - we were pleasantly surprised.

The room was modernly decorated. Balcony however had a bad view (but we did not spend much time on our balcony anyway). Bathroom and room are separated by glass doors... so a bit of a lack of privacy, but ok. The Restaurant looked great, although we did not visit it. The front area of the hotel was ok for a drink, but the traffic is a bit much after a while.

Best aspect about this hotel - it was in a good location to walk to nearby shops. For us, a perfect choice for a one-night stay. I am not sure if we would plan our vacation at this hotel, since I dont imagine it would be the most relaxing and quiet place to be.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Stayed in a one bedroom suite,2 adults and one 3 year old; it had all of the facilities you would ever need. The rooms are cleaned to a great standard and the bed is one of the best I have ever slept in. From the time of checking in to getting a taxi to leave the staff were polite, friendly and helpful. THe pools are great, especially if you are a bit averse to the sunburn. We will definitely stay here again.
The location allows quick access to many great places to eat.

Room Tip: Ask for suites closest to the villas.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ThePointLembongan
TheHavenManagement, General Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Dear PointLembongan,

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at The Haven Seminyak and we appreciate you sharing your feelings about your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Don't know where to start with this place.

Check-in took 20 minutes. I was presented with a welcome drink. Nice touch but the drink was not to my tastes. Judging from the number of half full glasses in the reception area, many people shared my opinion.

The bellboy came with me to the room, manages to open the door after three unsuccessful attempts and what do we find? The room is still occupied. Turns out that the front desk misread the occupancy plan. The bellboy wanted me to wait in front of the room, which I refused to do as I did not want to hang around in front of someone else's room while they sorted things out. We go back downstairs and it takes them a further 10 minutes to find a room for me. They then put me on the side of the hotel close to the road and the restaurant. I had specially requested a room away from all the hustle and bustle. I didn't bother to ask to be rehoused as I was sure that it would not have been done quickly.

The food in the restaurant is absolutely awful. I read reviews on here and had no plans to eat there. However nature did not cooperate, there was a terrible thunderstorm and I was forced to have dinner at the hotel. There was a barbecue buffet on that night. The food was of a very low quality and tasteless. Dreadful. It was the worst meal I have had in Indonesia, without a doubt. There was a buffet breakfast which was included in the price of the room. Again, horrible. I love my buffet breakfasts but I found it very difficult to eat that food.

The room itself is fine. Not fancy but not horrible either. I was slightly alarmed by the watermarks on the ceiling and one of the walls. Otherwise, the room was quite clean. There is a nice array of toiletries available as well. There is a good range of cable television stations and the wifi is free.

The location is very good. You are right on the main drag and pretty much everything in Seminyak is within walking distance (if you can stand the heat). However, please heed the comments of the reviewers and request a room away from the restaurant and the main road. The road gets very loud and stays that way. On a similar note, ask for a room away from the restaurant as well as the live music can get loud though it usually ends by about 10/ 10:30.

Check-out took a really long time as well (25 mins). The front desk staff seem overworked and not very sure about what they are doing. There was always about four or five couples waiting to check in or out. Every request seemed to become an intricate procedure. I found it frustrating.

The hotel seems to attract a youngish crowd (mid 20s to 30s) who are in Bali to drink and have a good time. The hotel can get very busy and very loud. All in all, the hotel has a very mass produced feel about it. You are not made to feel special. You are merely one of many guests at hotel. I would not recommend it to anyone looking for a bit of R&R or anyone who is particular about service or hotel quality. It was barely worth the discounted rate I paid.

Room Tip: Room away from restaurant + road - both very loud
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank El_Rey_de_Londres
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Dear Ms El_Rey_de_Londres,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post your comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

We have noted your comments in regards to check in and checkout period. Kindly rest assured that additional training will be given to all our receptionists to avoid this kind of incident in the future.

In regards to food and beverage, we are on the process of developing our menu at the moment and will be implemented soon. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs.

In closing we would like to once again apologize and thank you for choosing The Haven Seminyak Bali. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to Bali.

Kind Regards

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I can not recomend this hotel more highly it was absolutly fabulous. I travelled by myself, and it was my first time at the hotel, and I can recomend it to anyone who wants a great holiday, especially a holiday to relax and use the spas, I was made so welcome by all the staff who work there, espcially Budi who is a pool attendent, he was so good and always smiled, and made me feel at ease being by myself, he also kept all the hotel guest amused with his ball on a rope excorsise, so many guest tried it and it was a lot of fun.. the waiterstaff were also friendly, Yue M'niez, was so sweet always smiled and made me feel like I was a member of her family and not just a guest at a hotel, I have only mentioned two staff members who made me feel totally at ease and made my stay at the haven comfortable, I live in Perth Western Australia, and if the staff in the hotels here were as proffessional, and friendly that would be something, I cant thank them enough really that is how great the holiday was, Thankyou Haven and the hard working people who made my holiday unforgetable.

Room Tip: every room is good
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ausieprincess
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Ms Ausieprincess,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Haven Seminyak.

I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Your kind words have been passed on to our teams and particularly to Ms Yue M'niez and Mr Budi who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

This resort should be clearly advertised as a "retreat" and should advise group bookings of their "no party policy". We were a family booking of 14 adults and 4 children (children ranging from 1yr-12yr), we went to Bali to celebrate a 70th birthday. All our family were impressed with the size of the villas and the suites. The rooms were well equipped and clean. Caution, floors throughout the hotel are extremely slippery, we had several family members slip and fall. The hotel location is well positioned for shopping and eating, a taxi ride into Kuta is approx 25,000 rupiah and taking either 25 or 40 minutes depending on traffic conditions. The two pools (one in the front and one in the back) are mostly in shade the entire day - both pools lacked food/drink service. There is a makeshift bar reception where staff will take your order, if they are there, most orders took some 20-30 minutes on average, with some taking 1hr. The atmosphere encouraged at both pools were "quiet" and infact the whole resort had a more of a tranquil feel rather than encouraging people to hang around the pool area and chat. There is a large sign at the reception desk and in the rooms advising that group gatherings in the resort rooms was against Seminyak culture and was discouraged. If you are looking for a quiet, tranquil resort then this is the one. If you are after a fun atmosphere and wanting to freely chat and have some fun in the pool and laze about the resort, this IS NOT the resort you want to go to, we definitely felt that any noise made was a nuisance. It is worth noting that there are two reception areas, if you have booked a villa or suite, you will need to go to the rear of the hotel, there is a laneway to go down and taxi drivers are aware of this second entry, otherwise it is a bit of a walk going through the resort from the front to back.

Room Tip: Suite rooms starting from 210 onwards are better
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank LefrogPerth
Dear Mr LefrogPerth,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share us your feedback.
Rest assured that we have taken serious note of your comments and we will strengthen our focus on our training in these specific areas.

Further regarding slippery areas, we have our Chief Engineering taking an immediate action to fix this.

I thank you for your continued support and hope we will have the pleasure of serving you and your family again soon.

Best Regards