“Awesome. Amazing. Best time ever!”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #14 of 434 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Truly, one of the BEST trips I have ever taken! Surf Goddess Retreats- you rock! This retreat exceeded any expectations I had. If you are on the fence about going- GO!!! Everything from the accommodations, activities, staff to the food were FABULOUS! Our beautiful villa was perfectly located in super-chic Seminyak. Lots of great shopping, spas and restaurants within walking distance. Take advantage of all the great spa/massage treatments while in Bali! DEFINITELY worth it! I pretty much got one everyday! The yoga sessions were the perfect way to start the day- I learned so much and have continued my practice since returning home. The surf- AMAZING! The classes were great and the warm ocean water will make you want to stay out all day. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, you are guaranteed to have a blast! If you are a foodie, you are definitely in for a treat! Delicious, healthy, local cuisine. Chelsea, Susan, Melinda and Joyce- thank you so much for making my time in Bali one I will never forget. What a magical place! I have travelled to many destinations around the globe and don't have a huge list of places I would go back and visit, but I will most definitely return to Bali! :)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank annacl27
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

We would like to thank you for enjoying your holiday with us at Surf Goddess Retreats! Every guest opinion is valued and we can not begin to express how grateful we are to you for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad you chose to join us as your retreat of choice in Bali.

As a beloved Surf Goddess Alumnae we offer you extra special savings and bonuses on any return visit to either Surf Goddess or Bali Goddess Retreats, please simply email us directly to find out details.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Surf Goddess Retreats is amazing. I had been wanting to learn to surf for a while and I couldn't have picked a better location or a group of people to learn with. Chelsea, Melinda, Joyce and Susan are true goddesses - lovely, amazing women with so much passion for what they do. It was a pleasure to spend a week with them and the fantastic women who were on the retreat. The location of the villa is great (right off the main strip in Seminyak so it's easy to shop, eat, etc) and the villa is a really oasis from the craziness and the heat of the beach/town.

Joyce took amazing care of us all week - her food is amazing and I can't wait for the cookbook to come out!

Susan is one of the best yoga instructors I've come across anywhere -- she's wise and generous with her knowledge and so encouraging. I came back stronger, both in mind and body from practicing with her.

I think Melinda's spirit and encouragement are what willed us all up on the boards. She and the guys from Rip Curl were patient, supportive and super knowledgeable. I may never be a great surfer, but their lessons definitely got me on the right path.

And Chelsea is fantastic - she's really brought all of her experiences as a surfer as well as her work in hospitality together to create a wonderful experience. She really makes you feel like you're an honored guest in her home.

All in all, an amazing experience. Only advice I would give someone going is take more than a week when you're there so you have time to explore outside of Seminyak -- Bali is too amazing to limit your journey to just the beach!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank RAD1972

Reviewed September 2, 2010

Surf Goddess Retreats was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Not only are you in a beautiful paradise, but you are surrounded by some of the most incredible people you will ever meet. The villa was amazing and Joyce's food was delicious. Having taken a lot of yoga in my life I found Susan to be one of the most knowledgeable teachers I have ever had and each one of her classes was completely unique. Melinda's surf instruction was fun and not intimidating at all. I was a bit more experienced at surfing and was totally accommodated and had the opportunity to surf more intermediate spots (especially the super fun reef break at Tugu). Chelsea has created a truly rare and wonderful retreat that I would recommend to any women regardless of their yoga/surfing level. A great place to revive yourself and meet great people. Also a major bonus is the spa treatments. Such good deals!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank jdifeo

Reviewed August 5, 2010

Surf Goddess Retreats located in Seminyak, Bali is the perfect retreat for women. Whether you are looking to relax and explore the many treasures of Bali, interested in learning to surf, or just up for a new adventure, Surf Goddess Retreat delivers. Chelsea Huntley, the founder of Surf Goddess Retreats, has thought about every last detail in order to make the retreat enjoyable for everyone.
I was overwhelmed by the luxuriously decadent villa and gardens, the gourmet menu, the Prana Spa treatment and Bliss Day activity, the expert yoga instruction, and dedicated surf instructors. You truly feel like a goddess while participating in the retreat. The women who work at the retreat are dynamic, caring and professional. I was so impressed by their ability to meet the needs of twelve individual women at one time.
I booked my vacation online, and had some reservations about doing this, as I have been burned by the "too good to be true" scenario. Surf Goddess Retreats delivered on every expectation I had for my vacation. In fact, the retreat exceeded my expectations in many ways.
All twelve of the women on my retreat came alone. This retreat is the perfect get-away for the solo female traveler. The women who run the retreat make sure that your needs are met, They encourage their guests to pay attention to their own needs, to take breaks when necessary or experience every activity to the fullest.
I would encourage anyone who is considering this as a vacation option to "Just Do It". I had been looking at this retreat for about three years. I had it bookmarked in my favorites. I would go to the website and dream. Why wait? There is no time like the present to experience full Goddess treatment.

3  Thank watergirl61

Reviewed August 5, 2010

I simply loved it. The villa is beautiful and you feel at home as soon as you walk through the doors mainly due to Joyce's fantastic hospitality not to mention the delicious food. It is the perfect place to relax after a day's surfing. The team have really thought of everything and nothing is too much trouble. Whilst I found two hours yoga first thing in the morning a bit long not being a yogi, the surfing was brilliant fun and the feeling of riding your first wave is amazing. The rip curl of surf were fantastic teachers and their patience and perseverence got us all standing up. I also met the most incredible group of women who felt like old friends after a day. Chelsea and her team have really created the perfect holiday - get yours booked now !

1  Thank kibbyc

Reviewed August 4, 2010

Wow! I have just returned from a wonderful week of bliss with Surf Goddess. I went with the intention of learning to surf, and found wonderful people, food, yoga and a world of new experiences. From arrival I was made to feel welcome and comfortable, with glasses of iced tea on arrival, a beautiful room and a fantastic welcome meal. The morning yoga provided me with a gentle yet challenging way to start the day, and the surfing got my adrenaline going to just the right degree! The activities were well planned and suited to all levels, there was plenty of action and enough free time for extra pampering sessions, shopping and cocktails on the beach. I came away feeling relaxed, happy and refreshed, a feeling that persisted even after my long flight home. They are doing something very, very right!

1  Thank ClaireB7979

Reviewed July 29, 2010

I am now proudly a "Surf Goddess," who lives and works in Arnhem Land. Thank you to Chelsea, Susan, Melinda and Joyce for providing such an elegant, welcoming space that allows for subtle transformations.
It was on my return to Australia that I fully realised the power of the retreat I had undertaken. The personal surfing video that is included has been a hit with friends and family. I can't stop glowing. It doesn't matter what size or shape you are, if you desire it enough, you can learn to surf and look beautiful, just as you are, while you're doing it.
The tranquil air of the Villa seduced me straight away. It is exquisitely designed and decorated. My room even had a bookcase with a fabulous selection, perfect for the bookworm in me. I felt completely at home. Melinda and Chelsea were always there to support me through any doubts about being a beginner surfer. I learned about waves, swells, breaks, rips...these women live and breathe what they do and they share it with you. That is very special. Surfing is about celebrating life. I get it!
Joyce's food was delicious and nourishing, made with market fresh ingredients and immaculately served. Beautiful place settings were the standard and much appreciated. The yoga was a very important part of the retreat. Susan is meticulous with alignment and this worked for me. The slow methodical pace was deeply healing and the poses were excellent preparation for first time surfers. Being able to look out across the garden while practising really helped me to relax and let go.
The surfing lessons are superb. The energy of the school is so positive and generous, that before any fears can really take hold, you are swept along with expert training and watchful eyes and next thing you know, pop, up you get on that board. As Tim Winton writes in his novel Breath, '...the swell rose beneath me like a body drawing in air.' I never imagined I would have the courage to try surfing, let alone be able to relate to this. I'm glad I took the plunge and did it in the best possible style available. Thank you Surf Goddess Retreats.

1  Thank ballaguya

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
12 mi away
Soulshine Bali
Soulshine Bali
#86 of 200 in Ubud

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!