“Amazing”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #16 of 417 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
London
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I simply loved it. The villa is beautiful and you feel at home as soon as you walk through the doors mainly due to Joyce's fantastic hospitality not to mention the delicious food. It is the perfect place to relax after a day's surfing. The team have really thought of everything and nothing is too much trouble. Whilst I found two hours yoga first thing in the morning a bit long not being a yogi, the surfing was brilliant fun and the feeling of riding your first wave is amazing. The rip curl of surf were fantastic teachers and their patience and perseverence got us all standing up. I also met the most incredible group of women who felt like old friends after a day. Chelsea and her team have really created the perfect holiday - get yours booked now !

1 Thank kibbyc
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We would like to thank you for enjoying your holiday with us at Surf Goddess Retreats! Every guest opinion is valued and we can not begin to express how grateful we are to you for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad you chose to join us as your retreat of choice in Bali.

As a beloved Surf Goddess Alumnae we offer you extra special savings and bonuses on any return visit to either Surf Goddess or Bali Goddess Retreats, please simply email us directly to find out details.

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
London
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Wow! I have just returned from a wonderful week of bliss with Surf Goddess. I went with the intention of learning to surf, and found wonderful people, food, yoga and a world of new experiences. From arrival I was made to feel welcome and comfortable, with glasses of iced tea on arrival, a beautiful room and a fantastic welcome meal. The morning yoga provided me with a gentle yet challenging way to start the day, and the surfing got my adrenaline going to just the right degree! The activities were well planned and suited to all levels, there was plenty of action and enough free time for extra pampering sessions, shopping and cocktails on the beach. I came away feeling relaxed, happy and refreshed, a feeling that persisted even after my long flight home. They are doing something very, very right!

1 Thank ClaireB7979

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I am now proudly a "Surf Goddess," who lives and works in Arnhem Land. Thank you to Chelsea, Susan, Melinda and Joyce for providing such an elegant, welcoming space that allows for subtle transformations.
It was on my return to Australia that I fully realised the power of the retreat I had undertaken. The personal surfing video that is included has been a hit with friends and family. I can't stop glowing. It doesn't matter what size or shape you are, if you desire it enough, you can learn to surf and look beautiful, just as you are, while you're doing it.
The tranquil air of the Villa seduced me straight away. It is exquisitely designed and decorated. My room even had a bookcase with a fabulous selection, perfect for the bookworm in me. I felt completely at home. Melinda and Chelsea were always there to support me through any doubts about being a beginner surfer. I learned about waves, swells, breaks, rips...these women live and breathe what they do and they share it with you. That is very special. Surfing is about celebrating life. I get it!
Joyce's food was delicious and nourishing, made with market fresh ingredients and immaculately served. Beautiful place settings were the standard and much appreciated. The yoga was a very important part of the retreat. Susan is meticulous with alignment and this worked for me. The slow methodical pace was deeply healing and the poses were excellent preparation for first time surfers. Being able to look out across the garden while practising really helped me to relax and let go.
The surfing lessons are superb. The energy of the school is so positive and generous, that before any fears can really take hold, you are swept along with expert training and watchful eyes and next thing you know, pop, up you get on that board. As Tim Winton writes in his novel Breath, '...the swell rose beneath me like a body drawing in air.' I never imagined I would have the courage to try surfing, let alone be able to relate to this. I'm glad I took the plunge and did it in the best possible style available. Thank you Surf Goddess Retreats.

1 Thank ballaguya

australia
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Surf goddess retreat went above expectations. Went to relax and recuperate from a hard working life and to decide wether I could cross surfing off my list of things to do. Haven't decided yet, but had a great time. Many things to do and you can take it at any pace that you want to, being a bit slower in my 40's it was no big deal to kick back and relax when I wanted. A great group of girls from all over the world, at different stages of life which was really neat. Cooking class was delightful and spa treatment was exceptional, and this is coming from a spa junky. Would highly recommend, and would come back again

1 Thank shellygt

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2010

When I booked the surf goddess retreat I did not really know what to expect but thought it seemed nice from the pics and website. Well let me tell you that it's much better than I could have imagined and the pictures do not bring justice to how beautiful and tasteful the Villa Serena is. The decor and quality of finishings of the lodging and facilities is just amazing. Oh and did I mention the food? Joyce is the best cook and hostess. Her dishes and presentation of the meals and the table settings are spectacular. I highly recommend this trip to anyone who is in the area and is looking for a great time, meet nice people, learn how to surf, practice some yoga. Even if you have never surfed or done yoga before i am sure anyone would enjoy this retreat. I plan on coming back next year.

3 Thank Katia75Montreal

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2010

i attended the may 23rd session at surfgoddess retreat in Bali and had the experience of a lifetime. Not only did i exceed my expectations in the water but became fast friends with the staff and other retreaters. It was a perfect fit for me only having a limited amount of time in order to plan my vacation...i just needed to arrive and everything else was taken care of for me. The accomodations at villas serena were absolutely gorgeous and i felt at ease and relaxed from the moment i stepped in the door. Oh and the food WOW!! The food was beyond incredible and prepared with so much love...not enough good things to say.
I gained a great deal of valuable information and benefitted so much from my experience at surfgoddess and am so very glad that i went
you should too :)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank smaclean75

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I must admit to be being a little scared of this trip - by myself - no real surf experience.... But wow. A small group of like-minded women from all over the world left the boys behind and came together in this special space to learn to surf, do yoga , be pampered and be nourished by the AMAZING food cooked with love by Joyce and the girls. I felt at home immediately - the Villas are beautiful. Communal dining on most days really unites the group - but you have plenty of time to chill by yourself. The Director of the Goddess retreat is head goddess herself Chelsea, for whom nothing is a problem. This holiday is for that quirky girl like me ( well at 42 maybe woman!) who embraces the holistic, surfer dude, yogini and healthy lifestyle a goddess retreat offers - as long as it's luxurious and involves day spas as well!! The surf instruction is safe and encouraging. (Melinda our surf guide is a corporate refugee surfer chick legend- inspiring!) We all stood up and had great fun from Day 1!!!! The yoga teacher Susan teaches with great passion and grace and it really complements the surfing. Don't be concerned to come alone - one of the real highlights has been the friends I made throughout the week. They are all welcome in Sydney anytime!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank FlashPacker13

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
COMO Shambhala Estate
COMO Shambhala Estate
#2 of 9 in Payangan
Maya Ubud Resort & Spa

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!