“fun for young and old”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #14 of 417 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Sandwick, United Kingdom
“fun for young and old”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I travelled to Surf Goddess with the hope of doing a bit better at surfing than my previous wipeouts.... and while i didnt come home a master of the surfboard I manage to stand up on a wave by the end of the first day and by the end of the week most of us were catching real waves! This blew my mind as I had been on other surf camps where I was lucky to get up so thankyou Melinda.
Michelle, Ali and Melinda make sure you feel like you are at home from the get go and the whole time i did not feel like i was just a number but a friend that they wanted to have a great time.
They even had me try Yoga ..... yeah ... soo thankful that Ali is such a patient instructor and really knows her stuff. I may even keep going with it at home.... what I liked the most i think about the surf goddess is the fact that each lady on the retreat could choose her own activities, especially on the Bliss day. It wasnt a strict timetable and the care and love that surrounds Surf goddess can be felt as soon as you step into the retreat. I also loved that our age ( i was the youngest this trip) didnt really factor into anything. after the initial greetings etc we just became friends having a great time.
i would really recommend going and just enjoying the lovely atmosphere and staff that is Surf goddess

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mischa D
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Mischa,

On behalf of the whole Surf Goddess Team thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share them with your fellow Goddesses!

It is truly our pleasure to meet such amazing women from all over the globe and we are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the retreat, from the food to the yoga and activities!

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again!

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I had the immense pleasure of enjoying a stay at the wonderful Surf Goddess. The staff made me feel at ease straight away and the room was exceptional! I could have stayed everyday in my room...read bed.... It was divine!
There was a great range of extras including massages,yoga, lazing by the pool and of course shopping that I could choose from daily on top of my surf lessons which I have to say was a hoot. Something to cross off my bucket list.
It was a very hard week waking up to a wonderful brunch then being driven to our surf guru and fabulous beach and then back to the resort for more downtime!
I look forward to making surf goddess my yearly pilgrimage.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Sharin7
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Sharin,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and that you really took the time to unwind from your busy life.

We really do work hard to maintain our reputation as the best women's surf retreat in Bali and we are delighted that you recognized all of the different aspects that go into making our retreats so special!

Of course the most important part of our retreat is you, the Goddess, and we were so lucky to have met you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I joined a friend on her surfing adventure to surf goddess in Bali. Id never heard of a place where you could go and learn to surf and stay with other women only! What a fantastic idea!! I'm not the most coordinated person in the world so having other 'amateurs' around me was very appealing.. no pressure to look competent :)
After a morning of mastering the waves ... well dismounting in style really.... we hit the shops with recommendations from the fabulous staff or eased my woes with a wonderful massage at the resort.
After a week of wonderful connections with other like minded women I returned home relaxed and with the knowledge that I needed to revisit for some more surf lessons :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ola,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation with us at Surf Goddess Retreats!

For more than 10 years now we have been listening to our guest's feedback, and this has helped us to grow and evolve to be recognized one of the world's most highly regarded surf & yoga retreat for women in the world!

Please be sure to check back in with us in the future as we continue to add more exciting offerings to our retreats and expand to more exotic locations around the world!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

A friend recommended Surf Goddess retreats to me as the place to go and boy was she right!!! If you are looking for a holiday where you can feel like the most important person around, want to be pampered, left alone, have a laugh, chill by the pool, surf, watch the waves roll in.... Then you can!!! Michelle and her wonderful staff have everything covered. Nothing seemed to be to much trouble.
I loved that I was able to room share and met a lovely lady in the process. As an all round holiday you can't beat the surf goddess. It has everything I was looking for.... Yoga,massages, spa treatments, wonderful meals, shopping, and the smiling faces of the staff make for a wonderful relaxing and recharging holiday. Can't wait to return with some friends.

Room Tip: Shared accommodation is great if you want to cost cut a little and make new friends in the process
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jane,

We would like to thank you for enjoying your holiday with us at Surf Goddess Retreats! Every guest opinion is valued and we can not begin to express how grateful we are to you for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad you chose to join us as your retreat of choice in Bali.

As a beloved Surf Goddess Alumnae we offer you extra special savings and bonuses on any return visit to either Surf Goddess or Bali Goddess Retreats, please simply email us directly to find out details.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This retreat was a first on many levels... a first travelling alone, a first visit to bali and a first retreat and all I can say is what a fantastic experience! The lovely staff made me feel welcome and at ease straight away.
I went with the sole purpose of relaxing and soaking up the atmosphere of Bali and thanks to Surf Goddess Retreats I was able to do both at the same time.
The accomodation, the food, the staff, the whole experience was just amazing. The other ladies on the retreat were just wonderful and some beautiful friendships were made in such a short time.
I would highly recommend any ladies who are considering a pamper holiday to come here. Next time I may just brave the surf lessons :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Miss O,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really enjoyed having you on our retreat and are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first solo adventure!

We hope to see you riding the waves next time!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I did a Bali Goddess yoga retreat in early December, and I couldn't have asked for a better holiday! I had been looking for a wellness retreat for a while, but I wanted something quite relaxed, not too hard core. Bali Goddess was perfect. The location is right near the main strip in Seminyak, but secluded enough that you don't know you're there until you venture out. The accommodation is just lovely, with fresh, well-maintained rooms, onsite spa room, yoga pavilion, pool and relaxing communal dining/lounge area. The meals were wonderful; all fresh, healthy and mostly organic produce, with smoothies and fruit platters available at any time. (And then there's the small matter of the magically refilling cookie jar on the bedside...) The staff were fantastic, with everyone going above and beyond to make sure that we all had the best possible holiday. Michelle, the manager, is amazing; nothing is a problem, everything taken care of, even got us great restaurant reservations at short notice! Tor, the yoga teacher, is great; we had a range of skill in the classes from never practiced before right up to long-time regular practitioners and Tor was able to put together classes that were fun and challenging for all of us. Can't speak highly enough of her! The 'bliss day' activities were also fantastic. They use the best operators in Bali and have finely tuned their list of options to ensure that everything they offer will be a great experience.
I'll definitely go back. This is not the sort of holiday I would usually choose, and I was just so impressed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Goddess,

We make it our priority to introduce Bali to our guests in a best possible way to ensure that you leave with amazing memories and fantastic new friends.

It truly is our pleasure to look after such amazing women from all over the globe and we are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the retreat, from the food to the yoga, activities and of course the "magically refilling cookie jar"!

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had been looking at yoga retreats in Bali for awhile and when I found Surf Goddess I was in instant love. I was excited to see everything they had to offer but the actual experience was better than I had imagined it could be. The retreat accommodation was beautiful and my room truly made me feel like a goddess (Joy room). The staff were so friendly and polite and went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and pampered. Nothing was too much trouble for Michelle and Dwita, our fearless retreat leaders who handled everything with a smile! I got sick from dehydration half way through my trip (drink lots of water! As a seasoned Bali traveller I should know this!!) and the staff were so thoughtful and helpful and I felt like I was in good hands. The retreat is in a perfect location, close to all the attractions in Seminyak - shopping, restaurants, bars, KuDeTa, PotatoHead. However the food at the retreat is so delicious you won't want to eat anywhere else! The yoga sessions were fantastic and Ali the gorgeous yoga leader tailored each session to how the group was feeling. She is a yoga inspiration! Surfing was a big challenge for me as I'm a little afraid of waves, not a strong swimmer and highly uncoordinated but Melinda the surf leader was a constant ball of positivity. The surf instructor boys from Rip Curl Surf School were so patient and really took care of us. And yes I did stand up eventually!! I'm hoping to continue to practise surfing over the Australian summer. The spa treatments were divine and I highly recommend the four handed massage, and if your sunburnt the aloe vera wrap. If your travelling alone don't let that deter you. The ladies I met on the trip were some of the most inspirational, beautiful people I've ever met and I'm still in contact with many of them. I brought a lot of books with me for some solo reading time but barely touched them as I was too busy lazing by the pool with my fellow goddesses, enjoying their company. Best of all I came home relaxed, with a more positive outlook and excitement to live my life to the fullest with great healthy food and an active lifestyle. If you're reading this review because you're considering a trip to Surf Goddess stop thinking and just go book it!! You won't regret it!! Thanks Michelle, Dwita, Ali, Melinda and the beautiful kitchen and spa staff xx

Room Tip: All the rooms looked wonderful! You can't go wrong! If you have a group of friends the private v...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Catherine,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was our pleasure to guide you through your first (and hopefully not last) Surf Trip to Bali!

You did an amazing job getting up on the board - helped by your own determination and the encouragement of your fellow Goddesses - and we hope that this is just the beginning of your surfing adventure.

We are very lucky to have such amazing, inspirational Goddesses from all over the world and it is fantastic to see everyone make new friends and continue these friendships long after the retreat.

We really hope to see you again!

Surf Goddess Retreats - 'Deputy Chief Mermaid in Charge'
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
#43 of 196 in Ubud
COMO Uma Ubud
COMO Uma Ubud
#11 of 196 in Ubud

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!