Goddess Retreats
$1,592
$561
$524
Agoda.com
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$179
$146
  • Pool
$246
$209
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$228
$176
$251
$206
Agoda.com
All reviewssurf schoolspa treatmentsrip curlyoga sessionsunlimited spashared roomsurf instructorsbatik paintinghighly recommend this retreatbeautiful womenlasting friendshipssurfing experienceincredible weekwonderful retreatblissful weekmani pedihot stone
Reviewed July 26, 2013

What an amazing trip! I chose Surf Goddess Retreats to learn to surf and didn't want to travel on my own, but I ended up with so much more. this trip was unlike any other i have had a a hotel, this type of holiday is the way to go! the Surf Goddess Team treated me like a long lost friend and the villa felt like my own private home on the beautiful island of Bali. I loved not having to cook, and the meals that the staff prepared every day were even better than what we had at a few of the top restaurants on the island! You can just tell that everybody puts there heart into everythig they do on the retreat. My shared room was spacious and spotless with lots of great girlie surfie details and my room mate Kate was awesome. The other women on the retreat were such a cool bunch of women from all over the world and I had a blast with them! The four leaders on the retreat Michelle, Nana, Jo and Mel really made sure everyone got to experience what they wanted from yoga to cooking classes and even organizing horse back riding on the beach. I think this is a great trip for anyone travelling solo or with a group of friends, you are going to have a blast either way! I'll def be back girls!

Room Tip: the shared rooms are huge and you get a double bed to yourself, so it's great value
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Janine S
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Janine,

We really appreciate that you took the time to write a review of your time here Surf Goddess Retreat.

Its so fantastic to see amazing, inspiring women from around the world coming together, making new friends and taking on the waves together. It is our pleasure to take care of our Goddesses while introducing them to the beautiful island of Bali.

So from the whole team thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked Surf Goddess to grab some well needed me time and to learn to surf and do yoga - which I am new to as well, plus enjoy some spa treatments and great food. I am truly amazed as Surf Goddess delivered everything it promised on the website and more! Very rarely these days do things exceed my expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. The villa looks exactly as it does on the website and the program the team have put together was as fun as it sounded when i was booking. I was shared the week with a group of wonderful women - both the surf goddess team and my fellow goddess guests. Michelle 'the Chief Mermaid in Charge' and her team made tailoring my week effortless, so I felt really personally looked after. Not only did she organize my trip perfectly from the start with a VIP pick up at the airport (which felt fantastic after a long flight to walk past the lines of people who were waiting at the immigration counters), but everyday she and her team organized a wonderful cultural day in Ubud that included a walk through rice paddy's and visits to the local temple, plus i was able to add in a market tour to the local market, a cooking class and a batik printing course as i wanted to fully immerse myself into the Bali culture. Nothing was too much trouble for these women, so i was able to experience much more on my trip than i imagined. I just LOVED the spa treatments which were done in the villa at any time we wanted by very experienced and attentive ladies. In fact all the staff at the villa are warm and friendly and have the most beautiful smiles, that were such a pleasure to see everyday when we were at the villa. The surfing instruction was top notch and with Melinda our inspirational surfing guru I can see why these ladies are considered the best in their field. Ali was a wonderful yoga teacher who I observed was able to cater to a wide range of abilities (mine being a relative beginner). I can see how the combination of surf and yoga complement each other and I leave feeling stronger, stretched and well-massaged! Thank you for a truly enriching holiday...I hope i will be back again next year to try out Bali Goddess Retreats!

Room Tip: The Divine private villa package with it's own pool was as it says...divine!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Monique L

Hi Monique,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We all loved having you as our guest and truely hope that we see you again on a Bali Goddess Retreat.

We really do work hard to maintain our reputation as the best women's surf retreat in Bali and we are delighted that you recognised all of the different aspects that go into making our retreats so special!

Make sure you keep up those surf lessons in California! See you again soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

There's not that much to add to all the other positive reviews. It was one of my best trips I ever did. For me the surfing was the greates fun as I wanted to learn this for years now and the experience when you manage to stand up on the board and ride on the wave... just priceless!
Besides this, we were an amazing group of women, funny, interesting, lovely, the location is so beautiful and relaxing but if you want, you also can go out and have fun, the food we had was delicious, the spa treaments were more than relaxing, there are tons of options for shopping, all in all it was the perfect combination and I can only highly recommend it. It's just fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sandra S
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you!!! We are delighted that you had a fantastic experience herein Bali with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Keep surfing and "eyes up"!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I just spent a week at the amazing Surf Goddess Retreats and I have to say it exceeded my expectations. I was blown away by the level of service that they offered. I am in the hospitality industry and so i know that these ladies make having fun effortless.
The highlight of my trip was being pampered by four wonderful guides who where there every step of the way to look after us. With only 8 guests on my retreat that meant there was a guide for every two guests...so to say we were treated like goddesses is an understatement!
That also didn't included the 20 villa staff that kept my room spotless, made meals were delicious (i can't wait til the recipe book comes out!), and were only a minute away whenever i wanted a spa treatment....which was everyday! I really liked how they had enough spa treatments included in th package so that i could get one everyday, as i really enjoyed realxing in between the surf and yoga sessions. The other main thing that I liked was that everything was like how it was on thier website. The villa looks the same, they offer what they say they are going to offer...and more really as I think thier level of care wtih loking after all of us, not jsut for the planned ativities, but also for helping us organise our free time was great with lots of suggestions on where to shop, eat and get the 'real vibe' of bali. Michelle who runs the retreat is clearly a professional and made my stay a truly enjoyable one. A big thank you to all the surf goddess crew. I can recommend this trip to any woman who is looking for a fun and easy vacation, especailly if you are travelling alone.

Room Tip: I would book a shared room even if you are traveling alone as its great value and I ended up with a cool room mate.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank melissa m

Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to share about what wonderful time they had with us and we are delighted to hear that you had a magical experience on your retreat!

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I went for to Surf Goddess Retreats for some simple rest and rehabilitation, but received so much more... The beautiful villa, wonderful staff and lush landscape provided the perfect setting for unwinding and bringing myself back to life! The dining is held in a wonderful indoor and outdoor area which is perfect for the tropics, and there is a varied menu which offers new dishes with every meal. I loved that I could choose between meat, seafood and vegetarian options with menu options that supported my desire to do a gentle detox while on my retreat.

Surf Goddess Retreats’s spa menu offer various treatments, from beauty – facials, manicures to deeper healing massages. I also went for some extra options where they offered rieki and spiritual psychic healing...for anyone looking to do some real 'inner work' (if so, this is really is a great place to go) The amazing staff were extremely empathetic and encouraging, giving me as much or as little space as I needed on any given day.

I had the pleasure of practising daily yoga in thier yoga space, set looking out onto the manicured landscape, with the farngipangi trees and lotus flowers I felt like I had found a beautiful patch of paradise.

Whether for pleasure to learn to surf, kick back on a tropical holiday or even a solo spiritual pilgrimage of sorts - this is the most wonderful haven in which to do any, or all. I come away with so much more than I went with. And that, you cant really put a price on. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Ilovelucyc

Dear Goddess,

Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to share what wonderful time they had with us and we are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience on your retreat!

We are thrilled to hear that Surf Goddess Retreats met your expectations with regards to service from the leaders, our delicious food, fun activities and of course surf school! We really put our heart and soul into every aspect of the retreat and to be recognised is a wonderful validation for us.