“A hidden jem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #21 of 410 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Paris
“A hidden jem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Its hard to imagine a vacation like the one i just exeperienced, but i have returned back to real life after a week which combined personal development, physical challenges and lots of well needed pampering! I had been pretty stressed out and looking for a vacation that involved more than just lying by the pool and surf goddess gave me the perefct balance of a luxury styled holiday that also has a lot of heart. The accomodation was excellent, comfortable, with lots of little touches that showed the great care the staff put into everything. The food was amazing and i wish i could eat like that all the time, as it had a great balance of being healthy without sacraficing on taste. Each activity was well planned and we had great guides who where there with us every step along the way. Micelle, Nana, Aly and Mel are a great team and i appreciated how they obviously put thier heart and soul into the retreat. I return home amuch happier and relaxed woman.

Room Tip: The shared room is a great option, even if you are traveling alone and they have 2 big double beds
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Mandy S
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi Mandy,

It was such a pleasure to meet you recently and we thank you very much for taking the time to share with other Goddesses your experiences on our fabulous retreat.

We are so happy that we proved to be the stress reliever that you needed and we are thrilled that you left so content and rested.

Looking forward to seeing you again one day! Until then - keep practicing those yoga moves!

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have to say this will be remembered as the best trip I have ever taken. I have never experienced such a holiday were I have felt so taken care of. They have thought of everything... And I mean everything! When I booked I was apprehensive of traveling on my own, but Michelle was so helpful in assisting me with my pre and post trip plans. I was greeted at the airport and whisked passed huge line ups to get fast tracked with a VIP arrival service and before I knew it I was at a beautiful villa greeted by friendly faces and made to feel right at home. I was wondering how I would get on with a group holiday, but I need not have worried as they other guests were friendly and the leaders made sure that we all had a great time bonding. The surf school was fantastic, since I ihad never surfed before with almost a instructor for everyone of us so we had pretty much one on one instructuion. I got a spa treatment everyday of my choice also included and found this easy to book as the spa girls were right there at our beck and call....and the food was amazing! Every meal was a treat. I have some dietary restrictions and none of it was a problem as they catered to my needs with truly amazing meals. I just loved this holiday from start to finish and would recommend it for a solo traveler.

Room Tip: Treat yourself and go for the four handed massage, it's dreamy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank rocket1975
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Jamie,

Thank you so very much for taking time out of your travels to share your thoughts with other Goddesses.

We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to share what wonderful time they had with us and we are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience on your retreat!

We are thrilled to hear that Surf Goddess Retreats met your expectations with regards to service from the leaders, our delicious food, fun activities and of course surf school! We really put our heart and soul into every aspect of the retreat and to be recognised is a wonderful validation for us.

It was a joy welcoming you to our retreat and we really hope to see you again soon!

Surf Goddess Retreats - 'Deputy Chief Mermaid in Charge'

PS Enjoy your European Adventure!!!
Ipswich, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Thanks Michelle and Ali for a great week. After reading the reviews I totally agree with the comments expecially in regard to the massages, bliss days, yoga and the food. For anyone females travelling solo, the experience was wonderful, friendships I formed from the other Goddesses, are something I will always cherish. To meet women from other countries that had similar interest as my own, added further interest for all of us. To be able to turn off from work, forget about life stressors for seven days, was a real joy and I was able to enjoy this short break to recharge the batteries.
Well done Surf Goddess Retreat, you have the receipe for a happy holiday....Thanks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Sharyn C
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hi Sharyn,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review.

We are truly delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us on your Surf Goddes Retreat. It really was such a fun week and we thank you for bringing such eneregy and fun to the week.

We are lucky to have such amazing Goddesses from all over the world and it is so awsome to see everyone make new friends and learn from each other.

Keep hitting the waves on the Goldy!

Surf Goddess Retreats - 'Deputy Chief Mermaid in Charge'

PS - I am pretty sure there is a Goddess in New Mexico who is still using your "Australianisms!!" :-)
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The joke at Villa Serena was which first world problem we would next have to solve; which spa treatment to choose, whether to nap or lounge by the pool or whether to go back for seconds during the amazing meals offered. I have never experienced a more relaxing, challenging, nor varied vacation in all my years of travel.

This is the first trip I have ever taken 'just for me'. I travel the globe for my business but never take the time to travel and turn everything else off. A new trend in my life has started!

First the staff...Michelle, Melinda, Ali and Nana made it all happen. From scheduling dinners and spa time to keeping a group of 13 amazing, smart and very fun women from all over the world on-schedule for yoga, surf lessons and outings. There was never any pressure to participate; we were free to make our own schedule and, if we had any questions, there was always an answer.

Next, the spa...Imagine lounging by the pool and deciding you want a massage/mani-pedi/facial. You check the schedule & see that they can get you in within the hour. You can book the massage in your room and not move from the bed after or relax in the quiet spa room where women would exit with a blissful dazed look on their faces.

Surf lessons...How much fun!?! I had never even touched a surf board yet the guys at Rip Curl surf school had every one of us vertical on the board at one time or another. We learned the basics of surfing to the point where, when I am in a location with surf, I have vowed to set aside some time to take additional lessons.

Yoga was the perfect preparation for and recovery from a challenging day of surfing. You do not have to be a yogi. Ali explained all positions very clearly and there was no competition amongst the women as to who could bend into the smallest pretzel.

The food...what can I say. I never felt stuffed and I never was hungry. The meals were unique, delicious and healthy. We were served breakfast every morning; lunch every day but one and dinner every day but three. The location of the Villa is in the town of Seminyak close to many options for meals to eat out or, as we did one night, order delivery! The staff helped arrange reservations when needed. Potato Heads was a blast!

One full day was devoted to an activity of our choice. Some went snorkeling, others took a day-long bike trek down a mountain through rice fields with stops along the way to learn about Balinese culture, others took additional surf lessons. When a few of us wanted to take another afternoon for a tour of Uluwatu, a tour guide/driver was arranged and we had an amazing afternoon (except for a run-in with a thieving monkey).

At the end of the day; I would retreat to my lovely room complete with huge bathroom and a lovely nest of a bed complete with mosquito netting and settle into some of my best sleep in ages.

I booked this trip knowing no one and left at the end of the week with many new friends I truly hope and expect to meet again somewhere on this planet.

My week as a Surf Goddess will always have a special place in my life as the start of a new tradition...who knows where my inner-goddess will take me next.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wingedwoman
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Winged Woman of Kentucky :-)
We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your thoughts on your Surf Goddess Retreat.
It truly was a pleasure and a privilege to meet you recently and we loved having you as our guest.
We are delighted to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations - from the team, our delicious food, fun activities and of course the surf school! We really put our heart and soul into every aspect of the retreat and to be recognised is a so wonderful for us.
On behalf of the whole Surf Goddess Retreats team thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you here again soon! Keep surfing!!!

Kindest regards,
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

A great location, wonderful people and good food, this was an ideal vacation to just forget about the every day and focus on myself and go back to yoga. Every day started perfectly with yoga and a refreshing breakfast, followed by an excursion or just some hours in the spa.
The management was great and helpful, committed to making this an experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank EVAKAJSA
Dear Kajsa (Miss Ikea!),

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your experiences on a Goddess Retreat. We really appreciate you feedback and value your comments highly. It was a pleasure to meet you both and hopefully we will see you again some day!

Enjoy the northern summer!

Best wishes,
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Last June I treated my self to a solo trip to the retreat.I made wonderful friends,learned to surf much better as a beginner and enjoyed all the staff.Everyone made me feel welcomed and cared for.I hope to go again in 2014 and meet up with some of my fellow surf Goddesses.
Thank you for a wonderful time Surf Goddess Retreat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hi Maura,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know what a great experience you had at Surf Goddess Retreats.
We really hopeto seeyou again in 2014!
Until then, take care!
Retreat Manager
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Bali Goddess Retreat is run by the team behind Surf Goddess when the rainy season is on, and is conveniently located in the heart of Seminyak, just off Eat Street. From the minute you arrive and are welcomed by Michelle, the villa manager, you have a feeling that you are taking part in something very special. All the rooms, including the private villa, are beautifully furnished with special little girlie touches. The pools at both villas are amazing, and all bedrooms are air conditioned and have beautiful mosquito nets.
As a yoga novice I was concerned that I would not be able to keep up with the twice daily yoga and meditation classes, but Raine our instructor caters for all abilities whilst making sure you are challenged and keeping the class fresh.
The food at the villa was fresh and tasty and prepared with tlc. The table decorations at dinner made things extra special.
You get 2 nights where dinner is not included so you can try some of the wonderful restaurants in the area and Michelle will make recommendations and reservations for you, La Lucciola and Potato Head at sunset were our choices, not only for the great food but also for the cocktails.
Oh and did I mention the 7 hours of divine spa treatments you get on site, massages, facials, mani/pedi's, hair treatments.
On top of everything you get to choose three bliss activities, from cycling through villages, snorkeling, surfing or SUP, Indonesian cooking classes or a market tour, where I bought beautiful batik fabrics which I got made into skirts by a tailor Michelle arranged to have come to the villa.
My fellow goddesses helped make my trip extra special and whether you are traveling alone or with friends I can highly recommend this retreat.
Thanks Michelle, Raine, Nana, Joyce and the rest of the team.

Room Tip: If you want some privacy splash out the extra for the private villa, it's well worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Lisa G
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hi Lisa,

It is so kind of you to take the time to let others know about the wonderful time you had here in Bali! We are delighted that you enjoyed your retreat and that your experience was so positive as we really do work hard to make it the best holiday possible.

On behalf of the whole team thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you here again soon!

Kindest regards,
Michelle

P.S. "Lisa's Villa" will be waiting!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Kayon Resort
Fivelements Bali Retreat
The Kunja Villas & Spa
The Kunja Villas & Spa
#2 of 141 in Seminyak

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!