“MOST AMAZING PLACE ON EARTH!!!”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #14 of 434 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Bali Surf Goddess Retreats is by far the BEST vacation you'll ever exprience in your life!!! I have never had such 1st class treatment and luxury in my life. I am going back in October for my 4th visit!! Thank you to Chelsea, Jade, Joyce and all the amazing staff that take care of your every need for relaxation, fun, and adventure!!!

Room Tip: Most beautiful villas ever exprienced.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sheri S

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Whilst researching a solo holiday earlier this year I came across the Surf Goddess Retreat website and decided to book my trip - 7 months in advance.
I cannot begin to describe what a great experience it was! From the emails that came from the team prior to arrival to being greeted by Raine and Michelle on my first day, everything was taken care of.
I have never surfed before and, due to a sore shoulder, it turned out that I could not during the retreat either but it was not a problem. Melinda arranged a stand up paddle boarding session for me, and other days I went to the beach to cheer on my fellow goddesses.
Raine, MIchelle and Chelsea made this the most relaxing of holidays - even though our group did a lot of "extra-curricular" activities together. Nothing was too much trouble, whether it was arranging dinner dates at Moziac Beach Club, an afternoon trip to Uluwatu, or drinks at PotatoHead to watch the sun go down.
I loved the spa treatments and the ease of ordering, I really appreciated the card left on my pillow each night, the food was FANTASTIC but the best thing was the amazing group of women that I met while I stayed at the retreat. From all walks of life, from different countries, of different ages, each one of them has a special place in my heart as we shared an extraordinary time together and I feel like I have made friends for life - we are already planning a reunion in Australia next year.
If you are in need of a break, if you need something to look forward to, if you have been promising yourself a treat - take my advice - book into Surf Goddess Retreats and be prepared to have the time of your life. I felt pampered and loved - what more could you ask for?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TravellingWahine
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to share about what wonderful time they had with us and we are delighted to hear that you had a magical experience on your retreat!

It's been our greatest pleasure to introduce women to the soulful sport of surfing and the delightfully exotic island of Bali for over 10 years now. Just as you have discovered that there is a lot more to our retreat than enjoying the surfing and yoga. Our aim is to provide a place where women can come to rest, rejuvenate and transform themselves.

Something wonderful happens when women join our retreat, they get to wash away their cares in the surf with laughter and cheering, they can stand back from their lives in a peaceful place and gain a broader perspective on their lives and most importantly they can share themselves and their wisdom with the other guests and leaders on our retreat to leave feeling inspired and enlivened!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for another rejuvenating retreat in Bali or to our sister location in Sri Lanka!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

ONE OF A KIND HOLIDAY!
I have just returned from a wonderful week at Surf Goddess Retreats in Bali and am already hoping to return next year! The retreat was incredible! The retreat leaders Raine, Melinda and Michelle do an amazing job of ensuring that every guest has a perfect experience. My favorite things about the retreat were:

Excellence & Value: You can clearly see Chelsea’s passion in every aspect of the retreat because every part of the retreat was of the highest quality and all of the small touches were so well thought out. I usually don’t travel alone or spend that much on myself for a vacation but I felt all my fears disappeared the moment I walked in the door. The villa was so relaxing and felt like a home away from home and the staff took care of me so well. From the delicious meals to having a massage or spa treatment everyday (yes! everyday!) As a working mom I have to make so many decisions every day and I never get a moment to myself. The best part of this retreat was getting a break from that. The toughest decision I had to make all week was when I wanted my next massage.

Accommodation: I chose a private room and was happy I did as I’m a bit older and did not want to share. I loved my room, it was way bigger than a hotel room and I had a choice of an indoor and outdoor shower! The housekeeping staff were wonderful girls, always smiling!

Yoga and Surf: I have never surfed or done yoga before and I was really worried I wouldn’t be able to keep up but Raine (the yoga instructor) and the surf school were so good at explaining what to do I felt I kept up no problem. Every one was encouraged to “go at their own pace” and “there is no competition here” and my favorite “be kind to yourself”. I now use these mantras in my daily life.

The best part of my whole experience were the people with whom I shared the retreat with. It was really great to have the chance to meet such amazing women from around the world and to be guided through the week by caring retreat leaders who really made me feel at home.

Imogene S

Room Tip: Chelsea chose my room and it was the best!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Imo S

Thank you so much for your review.

We just love it when our guests take the time to share about what wonderful time they had with us and we are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience on your retreat!

We look forward to welcoming you back for another rejuvenating retreat in Bali or to our sister location in Sri Lanka!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had never been interested in traveling to Bali until I found out about Surf Goddess Retreats. The whole package appealed to me immediately & I booked as a treat for my 30th birthday. It was the best thing I've done all year. Learning to surf in a great environment with a great bunch of women was liberating. The staff are so friendly & welcoming & the weeks activities were flexible enough for you to do as much or as little as you wished. I found the food amazing. Healthy & delicious! I would recommend this retreat to any woman & I hope to return again one day soon. Paradise!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Sare82
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Reviewed September 13, 2012

What an incredible holiday! I am a seasoned traveler and have never been compelled to write a review before but I just had to after my week at Surf Goddess Retreats. I stay in hotels all over the world and have never experienced such personalized service. From the moment I was greeted at the airport to the moment I left everything was taken care of. The best thing about my stay at Surf Goddess was the leaders and staff. Everyone in my group was at different levels of yoga and surf experience, Raine and Melinda catered to each of us so well I felt like each lesson was customized for me, I have no idea how they do this so seamlessly but it just works. I am a vegetarian and was really happy with the variety of food as sometimes when I travel all I get is tofu! The spa treatments were marvelous! I have never indulged and pampered myself so much in 1 week before! I really recommend Surf Goddess if you are looking for a holiday to spoil yourself while surrounding yourself with inspiring incredible women!

Room Tip: Get a massage everyday!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Deanna T

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had a magical experience on your retreat!

Thank you so much for your comments on our personalized service. It truly is our pleasure to care for our guests in a way that can't be experienced at a regular hotel or if you plan a trip like our on your own.

We love making our guests feel like they are at a home away from home filled with wonderful friends. We take great care in making sure each of our guests experiences the holiday they need, whether it is relaxing after getting away from pressure filled work, celebrating a Birthday, or wanting to have a high energy action holiday!

It's truly our pleasure getting to know every woman who comes and joins us, as you are all such interesting and outgoing women who fill our days with smiles and laughter!

Thank you again for joining us and we look forward to welcoming you back for another rejuvenating retreat in Bali or to our sister location in Sri Lanka!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just returned from the enchanting Surf Goddess resort holiday, and it was beyond expectations. As someone who has traveled extensively around the world, I was thrilled with the ambiance, service, activities and overall experience. The surfing, yoga and spa treatments are terrific, and they create just the right balance of activity and relaxation during the day. Slept like a baby in the lovely single room, and awoke to yummy and healthy food every day. Essentially, Surf Goddess is about people - your fellow travelers and the 3 amazing women who create this experience, Chelsea, Raine and Melinda. Many thanks for a wonderful and very fun holiday!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank travel02119
Reviewed September 6, 2012

What a magical week....On every level, such a lovely group of women that run this retreat, from start to finish, they make you feel like a goddess! With the daily yoga sessions, various spa treatments, outdoor excursions, amazing meals, culture, surfing (which is a new sport I have taken up because of this retreat)
The land of Bali is by far the most magical place I have ever been to, and I look forward to visiting again very soon....
Thank you all so much for making this such a beautiful week !!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SarahS71477
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Surf Goddess Retreats - 'Chief Mermaid in Charge'

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
12 mi away
Soulshine Bali
Soulshine Bali
#86 of 200 in Ubud

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!