“Personalized Service”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #14 of 426 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed September 13, 2012

What an incredible holiday! I am a seasoned traveler and have never been compelled to write a review before but I just had to after my week at Surf Goddess Retreats. I stay in hotels all over the world and have never experienced such personalized service. From the moment I was greeted at the airport to the moment I left everything was taken care of. The best thing about my stay at Surf Goddess was the leaders and staff. Everyone in my group was at different levels of yoga and surf experience, Raine and Melinda catered to each of us so well I felt like each lesson was customized for me, I have no idea how they do this so seamlessly but it just works. I am a vegetarian and was really happy with the variety of food as sometimes when I travel all I get is tofu! The spa treatments were marvelous! I have never indulged and pampered myself so much in 1 week before! I really recommend Surf Goddess if you are looking for a holiday to spoil yourself while surrounding yourself with inspiring incredible women!

Room Tip: Get a massage everyday!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Deanna T
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had a magical experience on your retreat!

Thank you so much for your comments on our personalized service. It truly is our pleasure to care for our guests in a way that can't be experienced at a regular hotel or if you plan a trip like our on your own.

We love making our guests feel like they are at a home away from home filled with wonderful friends. We take great care in making sure each of our guests experiences the holiday they need, whether it is relaxing after getting away from pressure filled work, celebrating a Birthday, or wanting to have a high energy action holiday!

It's truly our pleasure getting to know every woman who comes and joins us, as you are all such interesting and outgoing women who fill our days with smiles and laughter!

Thank you again for joining us and we look forward to welcoming you back for another rejuvenating retreat in Bali or to our sister location in Sri Lanka!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just returned from the enchanting Surf Goddess resort holiday, and it was beyond expectations. As someone who has traveled extensively around the world, I was thrilled with the ambiance, service, activities and overall experience. The surfing, yoga and spa treatments are terrific, and they create just the right balance of activity and relaxation during the day. Slept like a baby in the lovely single room, and awoke to yummy and healthy food every day. Essentially, Surf Goddess is about people - your fellow travelers and the 3 amazing women who create this experience, Chelsea, Raine and Melinda. Many thanks for a wonderful and very fun holiday!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank travel02119
Reviewed September 6, 2012

What a magical week....On every level, such a lovely group of women that run this retreat, from start to finish, they make you feel like a goddess! With the daily yoga sessions, various spa treatments, outdoor excursions, amazing meals, culture, surfing (which is a new sport I have taken up because of this retreat)
The land of Bali is by far the most magical place I have ever been to, and I look forward to visiting again very soon....
Thank you all so much for making this such a beautiful week !!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SarahS71477
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to share about what wonderful time they had with us and we are delighted to hear that you had a magical experience on your retreat!

We look forward to welcoming you back for another rejuvenating retreat in Bali or to our sister location in Sri Lanka!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This has been a good vacation. The retreat is run very professionally with some great activities. Catering for solo traveller the management and group leaders are excellent. Disappointment was the room amenities - just little things like hairdryer not the best, no shower cap, hot water running out before you filled the bath cupboard draws stuck shut No same day laundry service and no inhouse gym. I stayed in the villa with its own lap pool recommend it if you want some privacy. They were great at catering for indervidual needs as well with one of their Moto of no shoulds you could do your own thing not really needing to be part of the group if you didn't want to. If I did it again I would again do the villa not the main house.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank PrinccessA
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Princess A

Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to share about what wonderful time they had with us and we are delighted to hear that you had a great overall experience on your retreat!

I was sorry to hear about your disappointment with a couple of the room amenities / maintainence issues. I wish you had brought them up to me or one of the leaders during your stay as, had we been made aware, we could have easily remedied them straight away, as our highest purpose on the retreats is to make sure everything is as perfect as possible for our guests. The only thing we couldn't have changed is having an in house gym. As we are a surf and yoga retreat we only offer those services.

It's been our greatest pleasure to introduce women to the soulful sport of surfing and the delightfully exotic island of Bali for over 10 years now. Just as you have discovered that there is a lot more to our retreat than enjoying the surfing and yoga. Our aim is to provide a place where women can come to rest, rejuvenate and transform themselves.

Something wonderful happens when women join our retreat, they get to wash away their cares in the surf with laughter and cheering, they can stand back from their lives in a peaceful place and gain a broader perspective on their lives and most importantly they can share themselves and their wisdom with the other guests and leaders on our retreat to leave feeling inspired and enlivened!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for another rejuvenating retreat in Bali or to our sister location in Sri Lanka!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Surf Goddess retreat = Fantastic!!! I had such an amazing week, leaving feeling completely relaxed, de-stressed and excited about visiting the new retreat in Sri Lanka!!! Everything about the week was a 10 out of 10. Food, amazing! Accommodation, beautiful! Spa treatments, truly bliss! Adventure day, to much fun!!! Surf lesson, great!!! The absolute high point of the week was the great people I got to meet from all over the world, all with like minded values and sense of adventure. Thank you to the Surf Goddess team for a truly amazing week! I couldn't be more grateful!!! xx

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had dreamed about doing this holiday for a long time. We had looked at other surfing and yoga retreats and Surf Goddess really just felt right. As a 51 year old who has visited twenty countries (so far) the idea of surfing and yoga with my two daughters sounded perfect for us. What a wonderful week, Chelsea, Raine and Melinda must really work so hard to make it seem all so easy, from the airport to the surfing , food (wow the presentation, taste ) beautiful rooms . I could not say " that could have been better" for anything. I really loved the inspirational cards on our beds every night, what a lovely touch. Being a "little" older than the rest of the women in the group I was never made to feel uncomfortable. I really enjoyed meeting such a diverse and happy group of women. I must say the rafting was such fun and was a truly memorable day. Thank you to all the team at Surf Goddess. (I have started planning and saving for a return to Sri Lanka to experience their newly opened retreat).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leigh G
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My mum, my sister and I booked this trip as a girls week to celebrate a significant birthday, the (almost) completion of a Law degree, and to relax and have some fun together. From the start, Chelsea was more than accommodating, such as putting an extra bed, mosquito net and bedside table into a double room so that we could share.
From the start, the week not only met, but exceeded all my expectations in every way. From the moment we stepped, tired and sweaty, over the threshold of the villa, we found ourselves in an oasis of calm, with every need catered for. The 'magic ladies' as we dubbed them, ensured our room was spotless, that our meals were both healthy and delicious and were generally lovely in every way. Raine, the retreat manager and yoga leader was also wonderful. She immediately made me feel welcome and relaxed, and she has a wonderful sense of humour. Her yoga sessions had to cater from the absolute beginner to the more advanced, which I think she did very well. Some of the movements and poses were a bit too much for me, but that didn't matter - my yoga improved quite a bit.
To the surfing - Rip Curl School of Surf was excellent. Our instructors were extremely professional, engaging and seemed to genuinely like watching us improve over the week. Their style of teaching and pacing of the lessons was designed to maximise our confidence without exhausting or dehydrating us - this meant that we could surf every day without being too drained, and it gave us a chance to practice before learning the next stage. Melinda, the surfing manager also inspired our confidence with her yells and cheers on the beach and, like Raine, made the week seem incredibly easy and fun.
Bliss Day - White water rafting was INCREDIBLE. Rita, our guide was amazing, she was extremely professional, with an infectious and cheeky sense of humour. She is the only female guide and I think she is the best one (but then again I am biased). Some of the ladies did mountain bike riding and they all said it was great.
Spa Treatments - Don't think, just book as many as you can!
Bali - we were incredibly lucky in that the weather was lovely, sunny but not too hot and a gentle breeze at night. The Balinese are wonderful people - everywhere we went we were greeted with nothing but politeness and friendliness. In all of the shops, cafes and restaurants we went to the service could not be faulted - take note of the recommendations in the 'Bali Bible' at the Villa!
In short, Chelsea has worked extremely hard to create the perfect week for women with her balance of activity, relaxation and pampering, and her staff share her passion for life, love and surfing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jess O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 426 in Seminyak
Chandra Luxury Villas Bali
Chandra Luxury Villas Bali
#3 of 426 in Seminyak

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!