I stayed in Kanishka Villas from 12-14 August and had good overall experience. It was our honeymoon and first trip to Bali and we felt Kanishka Villas had offered us some of the best value-for-money for spacious and good-service stay in Seminyak.
The Villas was located at Jalan Kunti and was within walking and taxi distance to some of the popular restaurants. We tried Balinese lunch at Made's, had french breakfast at Cafe Moka and enjoyed some of the best fusion of Balinese and pan-Asian dinner at Chandi (which the Villas offered to shuttle us there free). There is also a premium Bali Deli supermarket nearby.
Nordini (if I spelt it correctly) assisted us to check-in and was our Butler for next 2 days. She was polite, friendly and took efforts to make sure we settled down happily. The Villa has two bedrooms - one on second floor directly above the living and dining room, and the other on ground floor across the private pool. Both bedrooms come with open shower and large bathtube. Nordini showed us both patiently to allow us to decide which one we would like to stay as we had booked for only one bedroom. There was fruits basket and mocktails to welcome us upon check-in, and Nordini even bother to explain that the drinks were pineapple and mango juices mixed with sugared-soda. We really appreciated these gestures.
Our booking came with breakfast, which Nordini would cheerfully come into our villa to take our order (default is continental breakfast but you can top-up for American breakfast or others) and later come back to set up the table and laid out the breakfast. I remembered I had first asked for toast as choice of bread but Nordini counter-suggested to take mixed of breads instead which we later found out that the croissant bread was one of the nicest.
The interior decor of the villa was nice overall. My wife loved the lush part, in particular, the hanging vines which simply makes the whole atmosphere more serene. We would just sit by the pool for hours. The 'splashing' sound of water streaming into the pool makes the experience beyond description.
The bedroom was nice. The feeling of waking up in the morning overlooking into the living room and pool was great. We had a little problem with the safe box but the technicians were quick to response. It would be helpful if the management include instructions to operate the safe box.
The bathroom was spacious. I love the open-air standing shower amidst the plants and pebbled floors. We bought mineral salts and soaked ourselves in the bathtub at night, chatting and listening to the night cries of insects under the moon and cozy lighting. And yes, the staffs had also placed a mosquitoes' coil in the bathroom too. Do note that standard bathroom amenities were not provided, or comprehensive at least. We were given only soap and shower cap.
Daily turn-down service was great. We were not in the Villa but the staffs would just set up everything - turn on the lights, set up the mosquitoes shield (not that there were a lot of mosquitoes, but the additional efforts to make sure we would not suffer even a single bite), leaving the turn-down cakes (we seriously think the Villas should improve on this - we knew it was meant to be small bites but the visual presentation could be done better) on the dinner table etc.
To sum it up, Kanishka Villas is a great place to stay to experience Seminyak region and enjoy downtown life. It is not a resort by the beach so if you want to experience beachfront living then this is not the place. There were sounds of airplanes occasionally but it did not bother us anyway. And Internet Wi-Fi was free by-the-way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kanishka Villas comprises 27 private luxury villas located in the heart of Seminyak, Bali's most popular tourism enclave. With 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom villas with their own private swimming pools, and 1-bedroom Jacuzzi Suites, honeymooners, couples and families are all welcome at Kanishka. Located down a quiet lane off Jalan Kunti, the villas and suites have immediate access to a wide range of restaurants, bars, boutique shops, spas, and the beach is within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Kanishka Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kanishka Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Kanishka Villas Bali/Seminyak