“delicioso!”

Osteria Telese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This restaurant situated on jalan pettitenget, opposite the Legian was great. The melanzane in olive oil was divine! Our dinner, salmon cooked beautifully, tender veal scollopini and the oversized ravioli, all delicious. Drinks cold and refreshing. The wait staff very friendly and attentive. Authentic italian food!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Dated. Decor, menu, service, wine all dated. Clumsy, execution of the dishes. the pizza base was like cardboard and the seafood consistented mainly of an bossy tin tuna with blanket of thick cheese, overt the top. Really no effort whatsoever to update the food to what we expect now. Lazy.

1  Thank goldieSydney
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Authenitic, rustic Italian food. Look carefully and you may see the Patron, Vittorio, eating in the rear of the place. OK - the service is perfunctory, the wine list limited and often times the bread is dry - don't eat it - bread is filler - unnecessary if you focus on what they are really good at - the pastas, the pizzas and the meats - these far surpass eny else and it is for me the #1 italian in Bali. This place used to be a furniture store, then became a restaurant attached to a furniture store, and now is just a restaurant. Thank goodness as its right behind my favourite hotel in the world. Go there, enjoy, go again, and again and again....

Reviewed September 24, 2010

I dined at Osteria Telese on my last night in Bali and had Scallapine in white wine with salad and it was as delicious. My expectations were quite low and I was in a bad mood because we were leaving but really enjoyed the relaxed family vibe and the food. My dining companions had pizza and they loved it too. It was really cheap too compared to some of the other restaurants nearby and considering it is across the road from The Legian.

Reviewed September 12, 2010

I had a salad (not bad, used real olive oil for dressing), a pineapple juice and a soda water. But my main course -homemade sausages- was so badly undercooked, and I could not for the life of me get the attention of the four waitresses who wanted only to gossip together by the kitchen door.

I arrived in the pouring rain, parked in the last remaining spot for a car. (there's space for 3), no room on the street, btw, which is ridiculous for so large a restaurant. After I'd already dried off inside, the Security guard asked me to move my car because they were rearranging where the motorbikes were to go. He did not offer to do it himself or to help me with an umbrella. It was just get out there again in the deluge and fix our problem.

When I told the manageress, as I paid the bill, that the girls were completely inattentive, she shrugged it off like it was meaningless.

Really, there was nothing particularly great about the food, and there are a lot more choices for Italian food in Seminyak. So I'm never going back.

1  Thank queen_of_expats