“They understand gluten free.”
Review of Cafe bali

Cafe bali
Ranked #93 of 578 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Staying close to 'eat street' in Seminyak would be most people's dream, but eating out in a foreign country, especially one where English is a second language can be challenging for me. I found out that this restaurant new about gluten so we went there for dinner. I got really excited when I saw they had deep fried rice paper rolls (Vietnamese) and I had these - yum. My husband liked his Indonesian dish, but my daughter didn't like the fish in her fish and chips. Cushions on chairs could be softer, a problem in other restaurants as well. Would definitely go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,698)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The food at Cafe Bali is superb. Had dinner this time and it was amazing, fresh and tasty. Ordered their speciality Pepek Asan (steamed fish in banana leaves) and loved it! Service was a let down this time…they kept bringing us other tables meals….we returned each of them!
You need to book this place before you go.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Really happy with this place after taking my parents for some traditional Dutch fare. The Kroket, and Bitterballen were both fantastic. The Tuna Tartar was one of the best I've ever had.

We chose a Chillian Sav Blanc which was also very good. The service was excellent and very friendly. We loved the venue, and we were lucky enough to get a seat at the front which was great as we got to watch the world go by on Oberoi.

Will definitely go back, great place.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Well you would expect that your salmon & avocado salad would come with some avocado - but no! It had some mango, and some walnuts (not mentioned in the menu description so possibly hazardous to those with nut allergies), but no trace of avocado.
When we asked where the avocado was, our waiter disappeared for some time, eventually another staff member brought out a plate with 3 small pieces of avocado on it. As we had ordered two of these salads, we asked for more, but they didn't have any and the bits we got weren't good.
Just think they should have told us at the beginning so we had the option of choosing a different dish. Wouldn't go back there.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

A nice place to have a homely breakfast, lunch or brunch. The service is quite good and the food is delicious. A bit pricey compared to other places but it's worth the food quality.