“Awesome food very poor service ”
Review of Cafe bali

Cafe bali
Ranked #98 of 561 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Walked in here for lunch - wasn't greeted properly by staff, once we received menus and order was taken had to ask repeatedly for more drinks, but the food was delicious!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had a beautiful breakfast at Cafe Bali, loved the atmosphere, it's located just near our villa and I went with a dear friend who has lived in Bali for decades.

12 hours later I took my family there for dinner.
We were shocked when our food arrived within minutes of ordering it. So much for freshly prepared food.
The food was atrocious. My partner ordered bolognese (it was on the specials board), that tasted like airplane food. I, the Chicken Supreme, bone dry chicken with no sauce or redeeming qualities. We sent them both away after just one bite. Our daughters both ordered very simple pasta dishes. They ate some of them, and then when pressured admitted they tasted like frozen food dinners. Totally unacceptable food. We are all hoping (after reading the other reviews, which we failed to do as I had a beautiful breakfast there), that we don't come down with food related illness.

The opposite spectrum of "don't judge a book by its cover".

The host was gracious as was the rest of the staff. They apologised and gave us some accuse about this and that.

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Have had breakfast here a few times on our current trip to Bali, service and food have been great. Their muesli is delish and a very generous serving! Coffee is great too.
For two serves of muesli, a coffee and an orange juice it came to around AU$10.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Had steak. They actually made it the way I liked. Rare w blood. Brilliant service. Had good variety of international crusines

Reviewed February 10, 2014

cafe Bali I'm sure is a wonderful place to eat with traditional and western dishes and quaint decorations it attracted my partner and I straight in. Staff where pleasant and the place was beautiful. We were famished having eaten nothing since arriving in Bali & only drinking bottles water ( being extra vigilant) and ate some traditional Indonesian dishes. 15 hours later my husband was admitted to hospital and I suffered a chronic bowel and kidney infection caused by the E Coli Virus. Having previously read many disgruntled traveller reviews about the conditions of prepared foods in Bali we thought his place looked perfectly clean and well looked after. Having emailed the restauraunt regarding this issue I have yet to receive a response but I'm sure we can't have been the only ones to get sick after eating there in the 5th February 2014 pm.

1  Thank Winkershim