“Relaxing World Away”

Ranked #32 of 421 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Northam, Australia
“Relaxing World Away”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed at the Seiryu Villas in March 2014, was a fantastic break away when you entered your villa it was like you were in your own world. The service was fantastic. Perfect for a honeymoon, quite get away, or to have a romantic holiday. You don't see or hear anyone, the rooms were lovely and clean. the villa was fantastic, I can not fault the staff at all. I would highly recommend staying at this villa, it is a short walk to the beach, breakfast and meals fantastic. We will be going again. As another comment said it was like heaven on earth in Bali.

Room Tip: Our villa was lovely and quite it was the first villa, was fantastic highly recommend.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 25, 2014

If you are looking for heaven on earth in bali, you have found it. My husband and I barely got out of the pool and we almost wasted a day filled of activities just to relaxed and get spoiled by its Zen ambience. Looks exactly the same as in the pictures and the service was excellent as described by others. Shut out to widi and winnie for pampering my husband and i like a king and his queen. I would definitely make a comeback to this humble abode.

2 Thank 964yukic
NYC
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Seminyak and its beach weren't as nice as hoped; however, the villa alone almost makes a return trip worth it. Service is impeccable with the staff remembering our names and room numbers for whatever service we requested. They have a good included breakfast service running from 7 am to 11 am, but would often provide us with a boxed breakfast at 6:30 am when we had early morning excursions. The wife has a very sensitive nose and was in love with the fragrances they have around the villa and property. The location is in a more quiet section of Seminyak but within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and the (dirty) beach. Easily one of the best parts of our honeymoon trip.

3 Thank Marc V
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I booked a very great deal on Zuji for a birthday trip for my boyfriend. 4 Days and 3 Nights @ The Seiryu Villas. We got room A4.

The set up:
It was a beautiful private pool villa. Californian King size bed, ilving room with a big screen TV and a comfy low rise couch, make up desk for the ladies with a huge mirror, there is also a separate room that consists of the dining room table and kitchen. This is great if you want to whip up a quick meal during your stay. The bathroom has a nice rain shower and a bathtub that has air jets in it. The bathroom has a door that leads directly INTO the pool. Literally, you can jump in first thing in the morning.

The outside has two sun beds and one queen sized lounge bed right at the end of the other side of the pool. The Seiryu Villas design has Japanese influence and gives a great Zen feel during the whole stay.

The Grub:
Each evening you can choose your complimentary breakfast choice before returning to your villa. Breakfast choices: American, Indonesian, Japanese. Each choice as dish options. We had the American and the Japanese breakfast. Verdict? American breakfast was better. We didn't dine at the Villa for lunch and dinner so no info there.

Location:
It's very convenient to the shopping street strip. All you have to do is turn left at the villa entrance and then choose to turn right or left depending on which way you want to shop. If you want a more Westernized shopping and eating district head over to Laksamana which is only a 5 min drive or 15 min walk from the Villa. Legian is a bit further but great for the nightlife.

Transportation:
I highly suggest to rent a scooter/motorcycle on your stay as it's super convenient. If you choose to take the taxi around here are some good tips:
1. Ask for them to put on the METER. Or....
2. Bargain a good price before you get into the taxi.
3. Use Blue Bird Taxi Group (the number one taxi company and safest)

Room Tip: A4 Villa -- the sun hits the villa and pool at 9.30am-2pm
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mixedmerchandise
Singapore
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The Seiryu Villas is nicely located a few minutes walk from my favourite stretch of beach in Seminyak. The Villa itself is excellent and service impeccable. It has Japanese elements throughout which is pleasantly appreciated. Room itself is fairly large and well appointed with all the usual amenities provided. Pool was great, although it can get a bit noisy in the day due to some construction of a new hotel opposite. Overall, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank TerenceSingapore
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

there are a lot of villas in seminyak area which suitable for honeymooner, but Seiryu is the best in my opinion

i and my wife tried the one bedroom royal pool villa type during our recent stay last Saturday

the villa was very clean and well maintained
breakfast was lovely served in our villas with choices of American, Japanese and Indonesian

we both agreed that this whole concept of Seiryu Villas was perfect for honeymooner which adopted from Japanese history and beautifully combined with Balinese touch.

From the main entrance, lobby, reception, corridor, and the villa itself as its own history.

Great villas, superb service, nice food and we really enjoyed our stay

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yvd107
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Every place has its positives and negatives, I'll just pin point few of my negative experiences which I guess people should know as I stayed at couple of places in Bali. So I can really differentiate with the services.
First of all, the photos I saw was entirely different to see it in real. No doubt they are big and clean but they don't give a feeling of a villa, being a five star category they don't have that kinda furniture, Its all Jute furniture which does not give comfortable feeling at all, furniture gets 0 out of 10. They don't have that lavish kinda feel of a villa (of the amount I paid for each night). In reality a couple always need just one suit bedroom to stay, but I paid for a villa which was more than double, so expect it to be lavish with all the facilities. They only had 20-25 movies stored in some hard drive.They have one big room which is divided into two section, one for bedroom n other for living room. I again didn't find that great. There is a walkway on the back side of the villa which is basically meant for room service, but due to that the villas had no privacy, they served breakfast in the dinning room while we were asleep, n that made us feel uncomfortable.
I went there on my honeymoon, only one flower was kept on the bed and it was named as the honeymoon setup. That was disappointing.
I stayed in Park Regis in Bali, Kuta. That was also a suite room with swimming pool connected to my room, and I paid less than half of what I paid in the villa and I was happier there than in the villa. Park Regis was cleaner, the staff was good there, serves hot breakfast, but the only difference is they have a buffet system.
Now coming back to the staff of villa, I found them very good, but one thing I would like to mention is I guess they lack communication within themselves. They told me that they will provide me free taxi service from the villa to airport, n when I got out of the taxi at the airport I had to go n exchange money because that was not communicated to the taxi driver, amount was not too big to crib about but the trouble to exchange money and then pay it to the driver at the airport and then having a feeling of betrayal of what they said was not delivered was not good.
YOU CAN LOOK FOR A BETTER PLACE FOR SURE.

1 Thank Aman K