“Great Japanese style villa”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Seiryu Villas

The Seiryu Villas
Ranked #36 of 411 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Hong Kong, China
“Great Japanese style villa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We came back to Seiryu Villas after our first stay 3 years ago. We like the Seiryu a lot in particular because it's quiet (just 6 villas), quite close to the beach (5 mins walk and they can arrange transfer), and mostly because of the villas minimalistic Japanese style design. Staff is great and very helpful. As feedback I'd say they should improve on the quality of the breakfast, although it is served in the room, which is quite a nice thing to have (served, not cooked in the villa, reason why sometimes it gets to you not as hot as you'd like to). Tip: ask them in advance to cook it just before serving it. They also have beach facilities; tell them in advance you are planning to go to the beach and they'll reserve long chairs for you. Location is excellent as well. You can walk to the beach and in 10 mins you can walk to JL Oberoi, where most of shopping and dining is located.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa B3. Highly recommended because is exposed to the sun all day long
1 Thank MauriG68

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My partner and i are from Singapore. This stay was a surprise for me and he arranged everything. On arrival in Bali, a polite, friendly villa staff (Widi) picked us up from the airport. At the villa, my partner requested for the staff to buy me flowers for my birthday the next day. I received a surprise the next morning when staff greeted me with a birthday cake, singing and presenting me with the roses.

Breakfast was pretty good and presented well. I enjoyed both the japanese and local breakfast which was served.

The private pool, gazebo and tanning area werw perfect for tanning, lazing and quality couple time. Place is really quiet and relaxed.

Rooms were clean and neat. Villa was located within walking distance from the beach and just next door to Lestari- a restaurant which serves excellent food.

Villa price is not exactly cheap but worth the money if you want to have that special time with your partner. Oh, and my partner proposed to me at the Villa!

• Stayed July 2013
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent 4 nights at The Seiryu Villa in July 2013 and loved it! The rooms are exactly as the pictures show but much more spacious than we expected. All of the staff were very friendly and remembered our names from the day we arrived (even staff that I am sure we had not met!) The location is perfect only 5 min walk to the beach or 10 min to the main shopping road. On reading other reviews we decided to try the French Toast for breakfast and it was amazing! I would highly recommend couples wanting a very private relaxing experience to stay here.

Christchurch New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We spent a week at this villa and loved every minute. The staff are amazing, remember your name after one introduction and every greeting is genuine. I loved the decor, the rooms were very well maintained and generous in size. Although there were other guests at the villas we only saw other guests once, it's so quiet. This villa is close to the beach, great restaurants and shops. Would totally recommend and we will return on our next trip to Bali.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The first look of it is just a box. No elegant entrance nor appearance. But do not be deceived by the appearance... My bf and I both agreed that there are hidden treasure in there. We basically love everything there. The breakfast, the facilities, the location and the staff. I booked the villa to celebrate my boyfriend's graduation and we both enjoyed staying there. It's cozy and the staff responded fast-Be it through email or during our stay there (as such, i'm pretty skeptical with travelers complaining about staff not replying to email). They are helpful and gave quite some recommendation for it is our first time there. In general, the place is clean, 7mins walk to Seminyak beach, 10mins walk to the main shopping street. There's a bar/restaurant, spa and laundry shop beside the villa as well. Highly recommended!

Perhaps the only issue is that it's pretty dark outside of the villa after 6pm as Bali typically gets dark pretty early. Would be good if more lamps could be installed though (not sure if it's under the management of Seiryu).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zen_lwz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed in the Royal Pool Villa (B1). And you really do feel like royalty in this villa. I don't believe there is a huge difference to the deluxe villas. Not a request they couldn't assist with. They have a japanese influence with everything, even an option with Breakfast which was delicious. The butler Tapa was fantastic. Extremely helpful as we're the rest of the staff. More than happy to drop you off around the seminyak area or organise a taksi (taxi) or driver at your request. A 10 minute walk to the beginning of Eat street or a 2 minute drive. Highly recommend choosing to spend your stay at the Seriyu villas.

• Stayed June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed in Seiryu Villas for 1 week and did not want to leave. I could not fault the place. I absolutely loved the villa we stayed in - its really quiet and private but yet you are close to everything in Seminyak. The bed was huge and it was all very spacious.The staff were so friendly and helpful - especially Tapa, Senna and Minni. The food was delicious - I loved the breakfast (try the french toast!) and the meals were delicious. We had some spa treatments they organisd in our villa that were amazing! We really did not want to leave the place and I really recommend it. Perfect for a romantic couples holiday!

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa B-2. I didnt see the rest but loved it. You can take a step out of the bathroom i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple