Firstly, I want to make the point that the Seiryu has the potential to be great, however unfortunately there were a few too many points that negatively impacted our experience.So I'll start with the negatives... as soon as we entered the villa I noted that the pool side area had some green scum/mildew that needed to be water blasted as well as some of the bricks. When we entered the building, the wooden floors looked scuffed and dusty - difficult to rub out. The first night we we were there I was attacked by mosquitos while sleeping - at least 20 bites! I was miserable. Strangely my partner wasn't bitten, maybe my blood is sweeter! (Didn't expect bites to be an issue in Seminyak coming from Ubud and with windows shut) We mentioned this to the staff and they did double the number of anti-bug plug-in things which seemed to help. By the third night our air-con in the main area had also given up. Breakfast was filling but nothing special - indonesian noodles is probably the best option. On our last day they served breakfast 30 mins early which was a little odd. We were in the Deluxe Villa which has the kitchen/ table at the back of the villa. It's set back from everything and is not very welcoming. Although it's a full kitchen, it doesn't have things like bowls or dinner plates?
The set up is very private and tranquil. But the layout means you don't really get the sun after 3.30pm.
The good points / potential: it's a really impressive set up. The plunge pool that enters directly to the bathroom, and the loungers are comfy. Service was friendly and pleasant. 2 TVs means you can watch from the bed or lounge. If it was given a bit of a spring clean e.g. water blasting, polishing floors again, it would look really good. We though the location was good too - try the Delicious Onion restaurant next door. Fruit bowl, four bottles of mineral water each day and nightly turn down service.
Rereading the review, I do sound rather negative!!! But I think when you're paying $300+ per night, you do expect the attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by ancient philosophy, Seiryu Villas offer a silent luxury living at superb fast growing location of Seminyak. Seiryu (literally means silent dragon) set in modern architectural and interior style as a fusion of Japanese and Balinese elements delivers a contemporary elegance and convenient stay, exclusively for couples. Simple phrases sufficiently representing the quality of Seiryu Villas are unparalleled luxury, incomparable prestige and absolute privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Seiryu Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seiryu Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Seiryu Villas Bali/Seminyak