The Seiryu Villas
$294
The Oberoi Bali(Seminyak)
$321
$289
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)
$369
$270
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
$605
$432
One Eleven(Seminyak)
$406
The Samaya Bali Seminyak(Seminyak)
$560
$407
Agoda.com
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$160
$146
  • Pool
$214
$181
$251
$200
Agoda.com
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$220
$185
Agoda.com
All reviewsprivate pooljapanese influencebreakfast is servedroyal villaday bedseminyak beachliving roomflower petalsevery morninggreat designstaff were exceptionalminute walk to the beachbig roomspa bathvilla experiencespacious villaour entire stay
Reviewed November 20, 2011

The Good:
The staff at The Seiryu are very attentive, friendly and helpful. I have to give them a pat on the back for all they have done to make our stay a pleasant one. The villa is spacious and nice; we stayed in the Autumn theme one and we really love all the Japanese art and decor. Breakfast spread is awesome! The bed is really comfortable as well. :)

The Bad:
Our free dinner that came with the honeymoon package was pretty bad. I was quite unhappy with my main course as the fish was not cooked properly. They re-cooked the fish again but it ended up really dry and just blah. It would have been better if they could replace my main course. Also the hair dryer in the bedroom is disgusting! I'm sorry but it really is! It's time you guys change the hair dryer, cause it is sticky, moldy and have some hair from previous use on it. This is unacceptable. And for some reason, there's a smell coming from the drainage hole in the standing shower and it stinks real bad (it stinks even more when all the doors in the bathroom are closed and there's completely no ventilation coming in).

Personally overall I really like the service coming from the staff, the villa is pretty but there's a lot of maintainence work that needs to be done.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
BaliVillaProperties, Manager at The Seiryu Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Dear our valued customers,

Firstly let me take this opportunity to thank you personally for your trust towards The Seiryu Villas during your recent visit to Bali, and to write about your holiday experience. Please be advised that your comment are very encouraging and will have immediate follow up for our improvement.

We do believe that our staff in charge was trying to help and find an alternative solution however if the way of solving the problem was disappointing you, again please accept our deepest apology.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Sincerely your,

Ketut Sukanada
E-commerce Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We were very impressed with our accommodation, it was very spacious and exceptionally clean and quiet with very friendly staff. Close to beach and shops/restaurants. Highly recommend for honeymooners as the villas are very quiet and private.

Room Tip: Only 8 villas to choose from and all the same.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We and another couple stayed in two Seiryu villages next to each other.
The best part on that holiday was the friendliness and helpfulness of the Seiryu staff. They even made a Birthday cake as they noticed that we celebrated one birthday there. This was very unexpected and a pleasant surprise. So 5 stars for the staff!
But the village itself was not what we expected in Bali.
The entrance to the villages is a dark and unfriendly hallway, not the airy flower garden we knew from previous Bali visits. There is no out-door kitchen, but a functional kitchen tucked away at the back of the living area with no view to the outside. Breakfast is served in there. After a couple of day we asked the staff if we could have breakfast served in the front garden and they supplied us with a table there. That was a lot more enjoyable.
The Villages are decorated more in a Japanese style so only cushions on the floor to sit on in the living and outdoor area which can get very uncomfortable when you have a back problem. A huge outside day bed was the best place to enjoy the villages.
As there is no common pool or common area in the villas, but only a couple of benches in the reception area, you are restricted to your villa.
Also the location was on a smelly road with open sewer to both sides so the walk to the shops was not really pleasant.
The beach is only a short stroll away and the Seiryu is supposed to have umbrellas and lounge chairs on the beach for their guests. After 2 days of searching for them, the staff took us to the beach showing us the Seiryu Umbrella. Yes, it was only one umbrella and two chairs for all guests and they were taken. The friendly staff managed to get 4 extra chairs for our group and we could use them in the shade of the trees. But we were refused the use of the bathrooms on the beach as the Seiryu is not one of the hotels included in this service. When complaining about this to the staff they offered us afternoon tea which was delicious.
Free Wi-Fi service was provided which was slow but working so no complains about this one. The service also included only a free pickup from the airport to the villages, but the return trip to the airport was not included and we were quoted $15US from the Seiryu to take us. We decided to take a taxi which cost us only 57000 Rupies. ($6-7US)
All in all we would say that the staff made our holiday memorable but because of all the other problems we will not go back there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mbj52
BaliVillaProperties, Manager at The Seiryu Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Dear our valued customers,

Once again, thank you for your review.

Sincerely your,

Ketut Sukanada
E-commerce Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Wow - what can I say?
The staff were amazing, the villa was amazing, the food was amazing...
From the moment I stepped off my Singapore Airlines flight and was greeted by the driver (with chilled water and towelette) to the moment I left, nothing was too much trouble for the Seiryu team. They also put up with my dreadfully rusty Bahasa (though all spoke English perfectly).
I bought a package deal that included breakfast (your choice from a number of options).
The bedroom (and bed) was huge, the loungeroom was enormous, cavernous kitchen...
Beautiful sun bed, lap pool, outdoor shower, wifi connection, excellent air conditioning.
And the little touches like the staff daily popping in and lighting the oil burners (and the smell of it wafting down the walkway) helped to enhance my star and make it one to remember.
After an absence of 21 years, my return to Bali couldn't have been any more sublime.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The staff here are lovely and helpful and eager to please. They were very helpful and friendly. The villa was gorgeous and looked just like they do on the website. The wifi worked well although there were some dropouts. The food (room service and the breakfast) was surprisingly good. I don't normally expect too much from room service or the included breakfast but it was actually quite delicious. Having your own pool and day bed and deck is an absolute plus. Despite the villas being side by side, you would not know there were people right next door. I barely bumped into anyone else staying there. There is also the beach club on Seminyak beach which was just lovely. The villa is in a good location where you can easily walk out to cafes and restaurants. I also took advantage of the spa which was their sister company - it was slightly more expensive than if I went out on my own but there was transport provided and again great service. So happy to pay that little bit more. Overall it was a fabulous villa and I would gladly go back again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo