“Excellent”
Review of CHANDI

CHANDI
Ranked #38 of 560 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: CHANDI'S Kitchen, Wine Bar and Cocktail Bar, open daily from 12 NOON till 12 MIDNIGHT. CHANDI's Cuisine is Pan Asian with a focus on Indonesian Classics as prepared by Chef Agung Nugroho who comes from 20 years in some of the most celebrated New York City Kitchens. Locally sourced Organic Greens, Spices, Roots and Fruits mingle both in the Kitchen and its two Bars. 11 Wines by th glass are offered daily, as well as an extensive Wine and Champagne list offering over 80 Wines and 9 Champagnes by the Bottle.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Four of us went to Chandi again. Chandi lived up to its excellent standard of service & food. Very tasty food, great menu. Good specials board. Don't sit right out the back down stairs, patio area as no air & hot. Ask for upstairs first, all A/C or down stairs in a cool spot. Down stairs is A/C with fans, but open doors. But it is OK, not too hot. We sat down stairs this time, upstairs closed? We think they close up stairs when it isn’t busy. There is an extra kitchen & bar to staff up stairs. Very tasty fancy type meals, smallish serves but ok. For me Chandi is second to Jemme for flash, fancy dinning. But for my brother and wife this is the best in Bali. Three course & drinks. $38A each. We will be back.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

With so much to choose in Bali, this restaurant has excellent food and nice atmosphere. The service is also good. You have for your money and you will not be disappointed. Also, you will have a good time!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We didn't get to try the food unfortunately. Everywhere we wanted to sit - we were told no, it was reserved. The waiter finally admitted that some of the four-sweaters weren't reserved, but we couldn't sit there in case a group of four came in. I would think this fair enough if the restaurant was busy but there were plenty of spare tables and many empty tables of four. It was already 8.30pm and it's low season so clearly 40 people weren't suddenly going to turn up.

I asked for the manager and the waiter said it was him (which I highly doubt). I then asked him if he would rather sacrifice a guaranteed two person dinner with drinks for an empty four seater on the off chance a group of four came in (keeping in mind there were several empty tables of four). He said yes. We had no choice but to leave the restaurant. On our way out he said "thank you for coming" sarcastically.

I am well travelled and I've never come across anything like this in my life - I will never eat there now out of principle and I'll be recommending its removal from The Luxe Guide.

2  Thank PosyB
Reviewed March 6, 2014

A wonderfully vibrant restaurant with great food and service. Fine dining, and absolutely worth a visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We ate at Chandi twice during our most recent stay in Bali and would definitely be one of our favourite places to eat! Both times the food was sensational and deserts and cocktails also great. The calamari dish and the black & red rice nasi goring were highlights. The staff were so lovely to our two year old daughter...they even entertained her and took her to eat strawberries so we could enjoy our meal uninterrupted. Nice setting and great music...we highly recommend a dinner at Chandi!