“Lovely evening, great staff but let down by the main course.”
Review of CHANDI

CHANDI
Ranked #24 of 519 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: CHANDI'S Kitchen, Wine Bar and Cocktail Bar, open daily from 12 NOON till 12 MIDNIGHT. CHANDI's Cuisine is Pan Asian with a focus on Indonesian Classics as prepared by Chef Agung Nugroho who comes from 20 years in some of the most celebrated New York City Kitchens. Locally sourced Organic Greens, Spices, Roots and Fruits mingle both in the Kitchen and its two Bars. 11 Wines by th glass are offered daily, as well as an extensive Wine and Champagne list offering over 80 Wines and 9 Champagnes by the Bottle.
Perth, Australia
“Lovely evening, great staff but let down by the main course.”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We chose this Restuarant as it was nearby to our Villa, and had a good trip advisor rating.
Atmosphere was relaxed, the cocktails were lovely, wine list was good, entree of crab dumplings was delicious.
Then the main course, Lisa had the crispy duck, which was overcooked, hence quite dry and fatty.
I had the prawns with Nasi Goreng which was pretty average considering it is a local dish!
The cookies for desert were delicious. Over all we enjoyed our night out, but there is lots of competition in this category, so we will keep moving on to others to try.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“Good Restaurant...”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We ate here on our first night in Seminyak. The food was good and the flavors were authentic. This place is a little bit more expensive than other spots in the neighborhood. The sambal appetizer was great. We got to taste all of the various sambal's used in Indonesian cooking. The coktails at Chandi were pretty tasty as well.

Visited October 2012
Perth
“Can't wait to eat there again!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Due to the wonderful reviews I've read on Tripadvisor I decided that I wanted to celebrate my birthday with my fiancé at Chandi. As recommended by some reviewers we made a reservation earlier in the day to avoid disappointment. We were greeted by the restaurant manager who was very friendly and joked that we had booked for 3 and not 2 (he was counting himself!).

We ordered the Balinese Duck Betutu in Frisée and
Crisp Salt & Green Pepper Squid as starters and the Crisp Pork Belly and Grilled Black Angus Rib Eye Steak for mains. I love pork belly and I was not dissapointed with my choice. It is different to any other pork belly I've tried in Perth but that is good thing! My fiancé requested his steak be cooked rare and was raving about how this was the best cooked steak he'd ever eaten and that no restaurant in Perth would have gotten it right.

Even though we were absolutely stuffed after the main we still had to try dessert so ordered the 5 Mini Passion Fruit Profiteroles which were light and delicious.

Our meal including two non alcoholic fruit sparking spritzers came to just over 650,000 IDR which is expensive for Bali but cheap compared to a meal of that standard in Perth.

We ended up coming back to Chandi on our second last day and that time we decided to skip the starter and go straight to main and ordered the chicken and beef sate platter and again was amazed by the quality of the food and service of the staff.

Chandi is definitely the place to go if you are after quality food with a beautiful surrounding. I found the restaurant very classy and its a beautiful place to take that special someone out.

Visited November 2012
Dubai
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

fantastic! food was great, ambience lovely and service wonderful. order the fish sates and well everything. you can't go wrong.

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great Place - although pricy”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lovely evening here. The food was splendid as was the wine list. My only warning is that the main servings are quite large as are the starters. Order sparingly and enjoy

Visited November 2012