“Can't wait to eat there again!”
Review of CHANDI

CHANDI
Ranked #38 of 573 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: CHANDI'S Kitchen, Wine Bar and Cocktail Bar, open daily from 12 NOON till 12 MIDNIGHT. CHANDI's Cuisine is Pan Asian with a focus on Indonesian Classics as prepared by Chef Agung Nugroho who comes from 20 years in some of the most celebrated New York City Kitchens. Locally sourced Organic Greens, Spices, Roots and Fruits mingle both in the Kitchen and its two Bars. 11 Wines by th glass are offered daily, as well as an extensive Wine and Champagne list offering over 80 Wines and 9 Champagnes by the Bottle.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Due to the wonderful reviews I've read on Tripadvisor I decided that I wanted to celebrate my birthday with my fiancé at Chandi. As recommended by some reviewers we made a reservation earlier in the day to avoid disappointment. We were greeted by the restaurant manager who was very friendly and joked that we had booked for 3 and not 2 (he was counting himself!).

We ordered the Balinese Duck Betutu in Frisée and
Crisp Salt & Green Pepper Squid as starters and the Crisp Pork Belly and Grilled Black Angus Rib Eye Steak for mains. I love pork belly and I was not dissapointed with my choice. It is different to any other pork belly I've tried in Perth but that is good thing! My fiancé requested his steak be cooked rare and was raving about how this was the best cooked steak he'd ever eaten and that no restaurant in Perth would have gotten it right.

Even though we were absolutely stuffed after the main we still had to try dessert so ordered the 5 Mini Passion Fruit Profiteroles which were light and delicious.

Our meal including two non alcoholic fruit sparking spritzers came to just over 650,000 IDR which is expensive for Bali but cheap compared to a meal of that standard in Perth.

We ended up coming back to Chandi on our second last day and that time we decided to skip the starter and go straight to main and ordered the chicken and beef sate platter and again was amazed by the quality of the food and service of the staff.

Chandi is definitely the place to go if you are after quality food with a beautiful surrounding. I found the restaurant very classy and its a beautiful place to take that special someone out.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,901)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

fantastic! food was great, ambience lovely and service wonderful. order the fish sates and well everything. you can't go wrong.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lovely evening here. The food was splendid as was the wine list. My only warning is that the main servings are quite large as are the starters. Order sparingly and enjoy

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our kids ranked this in the top 5 restaurants they ate in Bali. $5 cocktails before 6pm is great. Kids meals only before 6.45pm though so with kids get in early. Definitely worth it. Must try is the Skewer Platter... amazing.

1  Thank flaggytravellers
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very cousy and charming place. We tried the 10 course dinner, and the tasting was very delicious. Would diffently recommend the place and visit it next time we are in bali.