“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sip Wine Bar
Ranked #77 of 501 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: French, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: SIP is a trendy and animated French brasserie-like in the heart of bustling Seminyak in Bali. Authentic French regional cuisine is its culinary identity enhanced by one of the most comprehensive wine lists in Indonesia, offering no less than 16 wines by the glass, daily.SIP thrives to maintain its reputation of ‘high quality-affordable’ bistro/brasserie with a perky ambience, providing a truthful and relevant piece of Paris in Bali.Gallic fun under the tropics!
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We have visited the sip bar before and once again enjoyed a lovely lunch it's so nice to be able to get a good glass of wine in Bali the service was good and you were not rushed ,only down side was that there were people smoking in the air conditioned-area We chose the set menu which you could pick 2 courses we had main of Mari Mari fish which was delicious-then we had lemon tart for dessert also yummy I would highly recommend this restaurant

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
“Beautiful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went to Sip in Seminyak, on this trip to bali and I have to say it was a wonderful dining experience. Besides the exquisite tasting food, I have to compliment the waitress who looked after us. She was professional, courteous and discreet. One of my pet 'hates' is when a waitress takes away an empty plate when the other guests are still eating and this waitress got my immediate 'tick of approval' for leaving my plate until my friend had completed her course. There is nothing worse than staff intruding on your dining experience by whipping away plates and interrupting the conversation but this waitress was superb - she stood discreetly by and, even without us noticing, refilled our water glasses and even changed the candle because it had gone out, and all I may say with quiet professionalism- something that is lacking in many restaurants. So I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a lovely ambiance, well presented and superb tasting food and excellent service. All the staff should be commended on their professionalism in presentation and good manners! I am leaving bali this time with the knowledge that this is definitely a place I will be revisiting on my next trip.
Meryl Perth WA

Visited March 2014
“Nothing exciting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had dinner here after seeing the great reviews on trip advisor. In the past that has worked well for us but not this time.
The seating is busy French Bistro style with tables very close together and the only way to exit your seat is to have the table pulled out from you. That would be fine except that the prices are very much fine dining prices and the food was pretty average.
We had steak minewas served with chips, my husband's in a gravy; no salads or veggies and no-one thought to mention that to us. We had entrees, mains and a bottle of wine, no dessert..or side dishes..total cost $140. Mmmm :/

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Bunbury
“Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Been here a few times and although a little bit pricey for Bali, certainly worth splashing out for. The food is sensational as is the service and atmosphere.

“Huge let down.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Dined there early March 2014, greatly anticipated the visit as had previously enjoyed the restaurant, food, service etc on previous visits. Terrible let down. Menu has not changed for at least 3 years. Food tasted as being deep fried and not pan cooked. On being seated we were handed the menu (we were the only people there at the time), no napkin suitably placed. We did complain about quality of the food and as goodwill they only charged for one meal!!!. Regrettably had recommended to a fellow hotel guest, who on enquiring if they enjoyed the meal gave an odd reply. No wonder. N and E

• 1 of 5 bubbles