“Great food and great service”
Review of Sip Wine Bar

Sip Wine Bar
Ranked #98 of 536 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: SIP is a trendy and animated French brasserie-like in the heart of bustling Seminyak in Bali. Authentic French regional cuisine is its culinary identity enhanced by one of the most comprehensive wine lists in Indonesia, offering no less than 16 wines by the glass, daily.SIP thrives to maintain its reputation of ‘high quality-affordable’ bistro/brasserie with a perky ambience, providing a truthful and relevant piece of Paris in Bali.Gallic fun under the tropics!
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We found this on line in a recommendation of Asia's top 50 restaurants and as I have had a craving for French food thought we'd try it.

The restaurant is really lovely though as it's on the street it's easy to walk past but once inside we were drooling at the menu - the only complaint is there's too much to choose from!

The french onion soup is really good and having eaten in Paris numerous times I was delighted how authentic it was.
For main course I ordered the Hachis Parmentier which I highly recommend!

The staff were very friendly and efficient and we were so impressed we went back the second night for another chance to work through the menu before heading to the airport.

Living in Singapore we often head to Bali for the weekend and I can honestly say we will be heading for a meal at Sip on every trip.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
“AMAZING FOOD”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My Husband and I decided on going in just by the menu outside we felt like a nice glass of wine , sometimes a bit tricky in Bali . We were totally blown away with this restaurant , from the extremely well trained staff their friendliness and their perfect timing . We felt totally serviced in a top class restaurant like this one Sip , a must do when in Bali . I was thinking about the food this morning very rare for me , we travel the world and have had some pretty great meals , this is for sure right up there . We had the Ceasar salad followed by the pepper steak which was cooked perfectly served with delicious French fries , I had the spectacular king prawn linguine homemade pasta fantastic the flavours Devine , and then desert well this was the BEST Lemon souffle with warm raspberry sauce , Amazing ..... Even a vist to the powder room was memorable !!!
All in all we had a DINING experience totally recommend .

Melbourne, Australia
“Little French Bistro in Seminyak”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Sip Wine Bar is located almost across the road from the Bintang supermarket and has been there for a few years but I've never noticed it before.
Feels just like a French Bistro inside with an outside seating area for the smokers.
The food was lovely and very reasonably priced. We chose from the fixed price menu for under AU$20 a head and got three delicious courses. There is an even cheaper early bird fixed price menu between 5.00 and 7.00pm. As always in Bali the wine is the killer.

Brisbane, Australia
“Absolutely in a class of its own. A real standout.”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My first experience at Sip with my business partner was outstanding and although we went away amazed by our experience I wondered if this standard could be maintained. Perhaps we had just struck it luck on the night.
3 return visits later I can say that the standard remains constant and hence I am happy to write this review.

The ambience. SIP is a cleverly designed boutique small space which is made to look much larger than it really. The decor is appealing and the tables are draped with crisp white table cloths. The wine glasses compliment the quality of the wines served at Sip .....a small point often overlooked in Bali where good wine is often served in "tumbler" like glasses. An added benefit is the valet parking available.

The Staff. From the moment you arrive you are greeted very well. Most staff remembered our first visit and even what we ordered as we sat down. The practical uniforms worn by the staff also reflect the quality of this establishment. The standard of service here is perhaps the best I have ever experienced in my travels. Small things like decanting non-expensive wine over a candle. Things like a crumb sweeper ...... things like disguising small drops of wine on the tablecloth ( my fault) by effortlessly placing a small matching serviette over the drops without fuss. Small things like smiling but ever watching to see if you wanted to attract attention. Everything done discretely and not at all over bearing.

The food. This is a menu where I could have almost every course on the menu. The food is real French ...not pretentious French. You can tell that the delivered product has been overseen by a well credentialed chef who is proud of his craft. I cant go past the French onion soup and the 7 hour cooked lamb is available in a half serve. Well done ...... I have yet to be disappointed with any dish ordered.

The main characters. Christian , the owner , is a highly acclaimed and professional foodie. Impeccable credentials and of great character. Perhaps even more entertaining is Patrick ...the Master Chef. His conversations outlining his gourmet travels around the world are fascinating and highly entertaining. If you get the chance , strike up a conversation with both. Its a story of passion and a love for food and dining experience .

SIP is not a place to go if you think you will get a cheap meal at bargain Bali prices. Stick to Warungs and Bintang if your budget is tight. I have read reviews observing the wine and dinner menu is expensive. Of course it is . You get what you pay for. Having said that the lunch menu seems to be great value although I havent had lunch there.

Overall , if you are looking for great ambience, superb staff and amazing food you would be hard pressed to fin better in my opinion. Well done SIP !!

“Happy returning customer”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We fell in love with this place in our last trip with their great value set lunch menu. Decided we'd try it again for dinner ordering from the ale carte menu.... Amazing!!!! I hate the pork knuckle with lentils, one of the best meals I've ever had. I love the small/large meal portions! The wine list is also amazing.

Visited March 2014