“teron324”

Ranked #84 of 421 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“teron324”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at the Abadi Villa 2, four adults, in May. the villa is very nice with lovely gardens and floor plan. However I do agree with other reviewers, that this is a little on the ageing side. We were not at all impressed with the menu, it was very uninteresting. The French fries were over cooked and were like sticks to eat. The staff were very friendly, especially Made Sukono, and rooms cleaned so as not to impose on any of us. I think that they should consider fans in the sitting area, as it gets very hot and humid. To all of us the fridge did not seem to keep things cold, I for one kept hanging out for a freezing cold drink, and the freezer was the only way to go. Which took awhile. We would not consider these villas again for a stay in Bali.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Abadi Villas, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for your constructive comments. We take all feedback seriously and try to improve on our performance after each guests stay. We are implementing new training schedules and upgrading the villas facilities all the time to maintain standards.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We three women stayed at Abadi@kmea in Feb 2014. The staff were more than accommodating with everything from meals prepared & served to arranging tours. Our meals organized my Yodi, Wayan and Ketut (sorry if I missed someone) were to our expectations and enjoyment. The staff were in attendance at every call however never intrusive, complete privacy. The rooms were cleaned and made up to high standards on a daily basis at first available chance. Will def be going back there, might even take hubby next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mummydearest2u
AbadiVillas, Manager at Abadi Villas, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Abadi@Kmea the new addition to Abadi Villas is proving to be just as well received as the original Abadi Villas which have been welcoming holiday makers for many years now. We have passed on your message to the staff who appreciated learning that you enjoyed their service and will be returning in the future. Thanks for choosing Abadi Villas.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at Abadi Kmea with a friend at the end of October and loved it. We stayed for 7 nights and relaxed immediately. The property was perfect for 2 women looking to relax, be close enough to shops, restaurants, bars, etc. The staff are fantastic; Made was amazing. We'll go back just because of him alone. The rooms were cleaned meticulously every day, the staff couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable and easy. The only issue we had was when we got home late one night and getting out of the cab, the cement tile over the drain gave way and my friend fell through it scraping her arm quite seriously. Strangely given the injury we didn't see the manager for the rest of the week!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tammy W
AbadiVillas, Manager at Abadi Villas, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thanks for your feedback and we always follow up on all guests suggestions. Kmea is a new villa and along with its modern and new facilities we continue ti fine tune it to make the villa experience there better and better. Come back soon and tell us how we are doing.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect for my first visit to Bali and was quite happy with the Abadi Villas! My mate Larry and I stayed in villa # 2 for three nights. The rooms are clean, the atmosphere is welcoming and the staff were extremely helpful in organising anything that was requested. Prices were reasonable and the stay comes with free wifi. The manager (Ketut Suarsana), Daywah and Yogi were all a treat. Thank you for making the experience a nice one!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
AbadiVillas, Manager at Abadi Villas, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks for choosing Abadi and we are glad that we were able to meet your expectations. We passed on your comments to our staff. Hope that you will come and holiday again with us soon.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have taken sometime to write this review and it is hard to do when we loved and recommended Abadi villas to some many family and friends. I have stayed twice at the original villas and once at the new villa Kmea and been more than happy with the villas and the service. We stayed for ten nights in July 2013 and we booked both Abadi 1 and 2. Unfortunately they are now becomjng run down and are in dire need for a upgrade, clean and service. Most of the staff are gorgeous but some of the newer ones are young and lazy, poor Made and Adi are trying to keep up on their own. Between the two villas there were 12 of us and the villas were not staffed accordingly. The menu asks you to order your meals at least half an hour prior but we waited for most meals for 1.5 to 2 hours, this makes for a very grumpy husband and child! I don't blame the staff for this as they we're severely under staffed and since the other chef Made resigned they are struggling. I rang the Vila management about some of the problems but little was done to rectify the problems, the manager was sent to help and he also tried but there was just not enough staff, the poor guys were running. The toilets are often blocked but I can live with that as it happens in Bali. The fridge doesn't work and I ended up having to demand an esky to chill our drinks and snacks and baby food. Overall, it saddens me as we were happy to make this our forever villa each trip. If you check my previous review it is very positive, just so you are aware I am not a whinger. Also there was dust coming into our room from the renovations next door and I noticed it was still there each day after our room was cleaned!!! I will miss the staff and the villa but will not be returning as I ended up writing this review so people are aware and perhaps the management will address all the issues. I am booking elsewhere for July next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cathy2403
We do appreciate the time you have taken to inform us of the problems that you have encountered . We have taken all the steps needed to rectify the issues that you have highlighted. Under private correspondence we detailed some of the reasons and what changes had to made at Abadi. While we would hope that every guests holiday is as expected sometimes things can go wrong or things need addressing. We have made some staff changes and we are very hopeful that Abadi is back to the position it has held for many years as a favorite villa for holiday makers in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My partner, 3 year old and my parents stayed for 3 nights in August 2013 in the 3 bedroom villa. Abadi should be really great. It has lots of space and it is in a great location. However, it is run down and dirty.

The pool area needs a makeover - re- tiling, deck painting, general cleaning and maintenance is required. The toilet in my room when we checked in was dirty and there were cobwebs in corners of the bedrooms. The sheets were not crisp and I worried about the cleanliness. There were maggots in the bathroom sink each morning and night in the bathroom attached to the bedroom at the back of the property where my parents stayed.

The fridge in the kitchen didn't work and didn't look like it had worked for awhile. And the floors obviously had traffic marks where the dust and dirt showed up on either side.

It was an uncomfortable stay and a real disappointment - especially given the price paid.

Not recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mykmyk
Your comments have been heard and we have taken all the steps needed to rectify the issues that you have highlighted. While we would hope that every guests holiday is as expected sometimes things can go wrong or things need addressing. We have made some staff changes and we are very hopeful that Abadi is back to the position it has held for many years as a favorite villa for holiday makers in Seminyak
Sydney
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at Abadi @ Kmea with my boyfriend and another couple. We absolutely loved it. It is paradise! Fantastic and modern, and the own private comfort of your own villa is much more enjoyable then staying in a hotel. Staff always made sure they used the door bell and await direction to enter the villa. Breakfast was great and enjoyable. Staff were amazing and were always there when we needed. Special shout out to Yogi, he was amazing and extremely friendly. Appreciated the staff always calling us a taxi when ever we needed. The surround sound music system is great for playing music whilst relaxing by the pool. The rooms are great, beautiful bathrooms and super comfy king beds. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone. Only recommendation would be to perhaps vacuum the couches more often, they accumulate a bit of dust and sand from the climate!
All in all amazing stay and great villa. Never wanted to leave. Great location a short walk from the main shopping strip in Seminyak. Or a 60 cent cab ride!

Room Tip: If you would like a closer location perhaps staying at the Abadi 3 or 2 bedroom, they are closer to...