“3rd visit disappointing”
Review of Abadi Villas

Abadi Villas
Ranked #77 of 423 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have taken sometime to write this review and it is hard to do when we loved and recommended Abadi villas to some many family and friends. I have stayed twice at the original villas and once at the new villa Kmea and been more than happy with the villas and the service. We stayed for ten nights in July 2013 and we booked both Abadi 1 and 2. Unfortunately they are now becomjng run down and are in dire need for a upgrade, clean and service. Most of the staff are gorgeous but some of the newer ones are young and lazy, poor Made and Adi are trying to keep up on their own. Between the two villas there were 12 of us and the villas were not staffed accordingly. The menu asks you to order your meals at least half an hour prior but we waited for most meals for 1.5 to 2 hours, this makes for a very grumpy husband and child! I don't blame the staff for this as they we're severely under staffed and since the other chef Made resigned they are struggling. I rang the Vila management about some of the problems but little was done to rectify the problems, the manager was sent to help and he also tried but there was just not enough staff, the poor guys were running. The toilets are often blocked but I can live with that as it happens in Bali. The fridge doesn't work and I ended up having to demand an esky to chill our drinks and snacks and baby food. Overall, it saddens me as we were happy to make this our forever villa each trip. If you check my previous review it is very positive, just so you are aware I am not a whinger. Also there was dust coming into our room from the renovations next door and I noticed it was still there each day after our room was cleaned!!! I will miss the staff and the villa but will not be returning as I ended up writing this review so people are aware and perhaps the management will address all the issues. I am booking elsewhere for July next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cathy2403
AbadiVillas, Manager at Abadi Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We do appreciate the time you have taken to inform us of the problems that you have encountered . We have taken all the steps needed to rectify the issues that you have highlighted. Under private correspondence we detailed some of the reasons and what changes had to made at Abadi. While we would hope that every guests holiday is as expected sometimes things can go wrong or things need addressing. We have made some staff changes and we are very hopeful that Abadi is back to the position it has held for many years as a favorite villa for holiday makers in Seminyak

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My partner, 3 year old and my parents stayed for 3 nights in August 2013 in the 3 bedroom villa. Abadi should be really great. It has lots of space and it is in a great location. However, it is run down and dirty.

The pool area needs a makeover - re- tiling, deck painting, general cleaning and maintenance is required. The toilet in my room when we checked in was dirty and there were cobwebs in corners of the bedrooms. The sheets were not crisp and I worried about the cleanliness. There were maggots in the bathroom sink each morning and night in the bathroom attached to the bedroom at the back of the property where my parents stayed.

The fridge in the kitchen didn't work and didn't look like it had worked for awhile. And the floors obviously had traffic marks where the dust and dirt showed up on either side.

It was an uncomfortable stay and a real disappointment - especially given the price paid.

Not recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mykmyk

Your comments have been heard and we have taken all the steps needed to rectify the issues that you have highlighted. While we would hope that every guests holiday is as expected sometimes things can go wrong or things need addressing. We have made some staff changes and we are very hopeful that Abadi is back to the position it has held for many years as a favorite villa for holiday makers in Seminyak

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at Abadi @ Kmea with my boyfriend and another couple. We absolutely loved it. It is paradise! Fantastic and modern, and the own private comfort of your own villa is much more enjoyable then staying in a hotel. Staff always made sure they used the door bell and await direction to enter the villa. Breakfast was great and enjoyable. Staff were amazing and were always there when we needed. Special shout out to Yogi, he was amazing and extremely friendly. Appreciated the staff always calling us a taxi when ever we needed. The surround sound music system is great for playing music whilst relaxing by the pool. The rooms are great, beautiful bathrooms and super comfy king beds. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone. Only recommendation would be to perhaps vacuum the couches more often, they accumulate a bit of dust and sand from the climate!
All in all amazing stay and great villa. Never wanted to leave. Great location a short walk from the main shopping strip in Seminyak. Or a 60 cent cab ride!

Room Tip: If you would like a closer location perhaps staying at the Abadi 3 or 2 bedroom, they are closer to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback we have passed on your comments to the staff who appreciated hearing from you. Abadi @ Kmea is a new villa and we are glad to hear that the team was able to exceed your expectations and we hope that you will return soon to holiday with us again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Abadi @ Kmea is a recently finished villa about 5 minutes walk from Main Street (Jl Oberoi). First impressions are that of beauty. All the staff were very friendly but special mention to Chef Yogi, manager Nyoman and driver Made. The in villa feasts prepared by Yogi were terrific and it was a great experience to share a meal with someone who is so passionate about his Balinese food. Watch out for mozzies at night! Would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kentm1
AbadiVillas, Manager at Abadi Villas, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed the food experiences at Abadi@Kmea that our trained staff are able to deliver to our guests. Chef Yogi has been passed on your comments and was pleased to hear that you were satisfied. Hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We just returned from a stay at the new 2 bedroom abadi villa - abadi kmea. It is a fresh new addition to the group, just down the road and across the rice paddy from the original two villas. It is slightly more compact but with a very good sized pool and bedroom units. The garden is what I dream my home garden will become - if I ever hire a gardener and cut off my black thumb. The staff are an excellent blend of psychic and cheekiness, perfect for making sure you get what you want before you even know what it is. Everything demonstrates that a lot of thought and care has been put into designing and furnishing the new villas, from the motion sensor alarm clock that lights up when you wave it at, to the massive beds that could accommodate an entire Indonesian family!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for being one of our first guests at Abadi@Kmea we wanted to keep the same high level of service and attention to detail that our guests have become used to at Abadi Villas and with the new addition we were able to implement extra facilities. So far we are happy with the result and are looking forward to welcoming many past Abadi Villa guests to Kmea.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We recently stayed at Villa Abadi II, it's in a great location, walking distance to all the good restaurants on "eat street" and very private. The staff were amazing and look after your every need, they can't do enough for you. If you even ask for something they don't have they'll go and get it for you! Very attentive and very friendly. Wish I could have taken them home! I'm a 5 star villa snob so the villa wasn't exactly to my personal taste (we'd orginally booked Kmea however had to change dates and it wasn't availabe), however I could not fault the cleanliness, it's a great layout and spacious. Personally I'd say it's ideal for families travelling together, it has a great DVD/lounge room upstairs the kids would love. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Limax
AbadiVillas, Manager at Abadi Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Abadi Villas are walking distance to the popular cafe & restaurant street featuring over 100 venues to choose from. Many of our guests fall in love not only with the villas but with our staff and I am sure if they could most would love to bring home their butlers to continue the villa lifestyle at home. You will have to return soon to experience more.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights (March 2013) at the Abadi Villa Kmea, which is a brand new villa. Went with a group of 4 friends and we had a ball, the villa is just beautiful and the staff are amazing, they just can't do enough for you to make your stay even more wonderful. The pool is beautiful and the bedrooms and bathrooms are very spacious. I thoroughly recommend a stay at this villa. The villa is only about 10-15 minutes walk from main street with eateries. We would definitely go back!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
AbadiVillas, Manager at Abadi Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thanks for your feedback on our latest addition to the Abadi family. This new villa is sure to become a favorite with guests with its style and facilities. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your Girls Trip and we hope to welcome you back soon.