“We loved it!”

Ranked #28 of 417 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Amsterdam
“We loved it!”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Looking for a quiet, small and personal place in the middle of Seminyak and close to the beach, being affordable but luxerious and comfortable at the same time....we found it! Peter's guesthouse is exactly that! 5 minutes from anywhere (we personally liked spending time at the beach, Kudeta, and the Seminyak shops, bars and restaurants) by scooter (rented through the villa for a super reasonable price) this place has the perfect location. You won't believe how peaceful it is since it's in the middle of everything. Cool room (personal artistic touch, and yes, airco too :-)) with outdoor bathroom, how tropical is that! Staff and owner are lovely people who took very good care of us. Thanks very much for a lovely stay, it was the perfect ending of our Bali holiday!
Annick & Cathalijne

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank loveholidays3233

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
Reviewed October 20, 2009

This trip (4) I stayed in the owner's guest house - Wow!! A Beautiful room with windows on 3 sides, overlooking the pool , garden and rice paddy fields. It is without a doubt the most relaxing place on earth. I have been coming to Bali for 30 years and this has to be the best place I have ever stayed at. It is as busy or as quiet as you want it to be. The beach is close by and the there just so many good places to eat.

Peter and the staff treat you like god and nothing is too much trouble.

You want a great place to stay then this is it.

Looking forward to my next visit next year.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
UK
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Fantastic place. Peter made my wife and i feel very welcome. We were able to rent Peter's pool house within his compound which was luxurious, and we had full access to the private pool as well as access to the main pool and breakfast with other guests. Peter, Annie and the boys really took care of us and recommended places to visit, beaches to go to, shops to visit and importantly took us to a local furniture factory where we ordered furniture to be shipped home. Peter is very well connected in Seminyak and helped us tremendously organising drivers and he even took us out on a bit of a bar crawl! All in all a fabulous place to stay in Seminyak. Apologies it has taken almost a year to post this!! Dave & Ruth, UK.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Auckland
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We found Corra Villa for 5 days stay after our initial accommodation fell through 4 days before arriving ("construction next to pool may make your stay less than perfect").

What we experienced was a 5-star environment with just the perfect amount of attention from owner Mick and house-minder Miss Annie.

From the attention when we arrived at the airport at 11pm, to the greeting personally at the door by Mick and Miss Annie, the cold beer and instant relaxation within 5 minutes of arriving, we could not have asked for more.

I have done years of 5- and 6- star service, and Corra Villa met all our expectations and SO MUCH MORE. The pool a constant 28deg, perfectly maintained Balinese garden, freshly turned back bed with local flowers - heaven has a lot to live up to.

Next time back in Bali we are most definitely rebooking. Already missing Miss Annie's breakfasts.....and not to mention KuDeTa's sun-dwoners (<5mins walk!).

Book with confidence - this is divine.

Thanks Miss Annie and Mick (and Mr. Made the driver).

Greg P

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg P
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 11, 2009

This had been my 5th visit to Bali so I had already tried the ultra-deluxe accommodations in Jimbaran, the medium-scale pleasures of the new Holiday Inn Baruna Bay...and on this leg, decided I would go for something smaller and more personal.

I could not have been happier with my choice. Umah Watu is beautifully secluded and yet a short walk away only from the beach. It is near enough the happening places of Seminyak, yet hidden away at the end of a narrow quiet road so that the only thing you can hear are the crickets at night and the occasional airplane far overhead.

The room I got was right by the entrance, yet I was never disturbed by the comings and goings of people. It was right beside the kitchen which did give me some wafts of bacon cooking...but generally, it was wonderful. The four poster bed was romantic and comfortable, the artwork on the walls are splendidly chosen and the pool...yes, it was perfectly sized and since the other guests seemed to be away most of the time on excursions around the island, I pretty much had it to myself almost all the time.

Peter is a wonderful host and a helpful guide...he was able to help me with some special requests and was always quick with suggestions but also allowed me the quiet alone time I needed, when I wanted it. The breakfasts are great, I had eggs cooked to my liking, perfectly made on both times. They don't serve lunch or dinner but they have nice choices for delivery--it was a drizzly day so I opted to stay in and Gun, the main man of assistance, suggested the Italian delivery. It was wonderful yet again.

I regret not having stayed here before and look forward to my next visit--definitely I would recommend it to friends and intend to return soon enough!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank JVATravels92
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I spent 9 days at Umah Watu and couldn't have asked for anything more. Peter and the guys were the perfect hosts and always ready to provide advice and help about places to go and see. The villas themselves are very private, clean and comfortable; apart from seeing people at breakfast, most of the time I felt like I had the whole place to myself. It really does feel like you are staying at a friend's place rather than a commercial hotel or villa. Hopefully this will continue under the new owners. The only downside is the walk to the main road to get a taxi but this is pretty minor overall and you can always call one if you want to. A perfect option if you prefer staying in Seminyak without the top end prices.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Castlemaine
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We found Umah Watu Villas on the trip advisor site and booked just before departing Australia. On arrival we were greeted warmly and provided a simple but beautiful and clean room. These villa’s are in a fantastic location and the owner and staff were extremely helpful with suggestions of the best restaurants and bars. The villa design allows social interaction with other guests or the opportunity for privacy. We were lucky enough to meet some fabulous people. I’m looking forward to returning to Umah Watu.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple