All reviews private pool living room every morning free shuttle shuttle service staff were fantastic lane way air conditioned deck chairs any requests late at night min walk ira driver villa taxi bali
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We had a good time there. Staff are very helpful and professional. Hotel condition is very good, clean, tidy and pretty. Good value for money! (You pay 3 stars price for 5 stars services)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2009

My family and I returned from our 2nd Bali visit on 22-September-2009. I stayed at Novotel Benoa Bali last year around July during my first visit. And for this visit, there were 4 adults and a baby, that's the main reason I picked a luxury villa rather than a hotel room.

Location:
If I were to compare Seminyak and Tanjung Benoa, I will definitely prefer Seminyak for having both quiet yet lively environment, which is very close to many great restaurants (ranging from super cheap warungs to upscale restaraunts like Warisan), shopping streets...in another word, it's more convenient to get around, all within 10-15 minutes by cab. Cabs are easily available anywhere you are. Just look for blue bird cabs.

The location of The Seri Villa is kinda secluded. My cab driver was unable to find it even the map of the villa was provided to him. He had to ask the locals for directions. And eventually it was me who spotted the tiny "lorong" (aisle) with tiny and short sign board of the villa. The road leading towards the villa was muddy, dark at night and narrow even for a van to get through. Well this is not a concern to me though =)

Breakfast:
Complementary ones: Fried noodles, fried rice, omelette, scrambled eggs, a few super thin slices of tropical fruits, coffee, fruit juice (sugar is added), and 2-3 pieces of pastries. Rather common to me, there is nothing special about the fried noodles and rice. The similar breakfast I had at Novotel Benoa Bali was way much better and there were tons of selections @ buffet table, with generous chunks, different varieties of fresh fruits, and you get slightly different menu everyday. So, if you are staying longer, perhaps you might wanna go for breakfast outside the villa as the villa offers the same menu every single day.

Bedroom:
Large king size bed with mosquito net, clean linen (smells good too), well lit, with LCD tv in each bedroom. The main bedroom is facing the pool. The bedroom is very quiet, my son had the best ever naps there compared to our home. We could see how much he enjoyed crawling and lazying on the comfy bed whenever he's placed on the bed. There is an attached outdoor bathroom to each bedroom. The bathroom attached to the main room is much larger than the other bathroom, and it has a large bath tub. Water pressure was pretty bad during day time though. Mosquitos are very common in tropical countries, so make sure you don't spend too long in the bathroom. You are advised to bring mosquito or insect repellent too. Hubby spotted a huge lizard (about 1 ft to 1.5 ft long) resting at a corner of our bathroom ( I guest this creature came from the jungle that is right behind our bathroom).

Cleanliness:
The entire property was kept extremely clean. There are 3-4 cleaners cleaning the villa, every corner, daily. Excellent.

Pool, kitchen:
The pool is about 5-ft depth. So be extra careful when travelling with children. Pool was very clean, and all of us (except my baby) enjoyed the ultra short-range swim. The kitchen is equiped with cutletry, plates, cups, bowls, dish washing detergent and a 2-door fridge. However I think they should include another essential item --> microwave oven. Not much problem encountered when preparing meals for my baby with my mom's help, but I would prefer to have a microwave oven =)

Shuttle:
The villa provides free shuttle to nearby areas like Legian, Oberoi and Seminyak. The drivers were very polite and very helpful, thanks Wayan (he's a security guard also in the property also). They understand us better when we speak in Bahasa (Indonesian or Balinese local language) rather than English. Just tell the driver where you wanna go within the covered areas, he will drive you there safely. By the time you wanna return, just make a call to the villa to check if any driver is available to pick you up. Otherwise, pay the blue bird cab to send you back, which costs you a few Ringgit Malaysia only (forgot how many digits in Rupiah).

Value:
Initially I was offered with a nett rate. But later I found that my credit card was charged with $45 more due to "currency conversion"...I find this excuse to be unacceptable as the rate offered was NETT, there shouldn't be anymore hidden charges. The management emailed and agreed with the refund though after few rounds of emailings. However, the management refused to refund when I personally asked for this amount at their office, saying that the villa owner was out of town and wouldn't be back after a couple of weeks. Until then only the management can discuss with the owner again regarding the refund. Come on, why are they being so confusing??? Email has been sent out, black and white is there, what is there to discuss again? I sent a follow up email to the management a day after my return, and yet to receive their reply.

Value wise, yes, a new luxury pool 2-bedroom villa in Seminyak town center is a good deal. The other nearby villas are easily rented at $300 or more.

Well, just make sure that the price you pay is really Nett and no more than that.

Conclusion:
This is an excellent place to relax with the loved ones. I would return to this villa in future if I could be confirmed with a REAL nett rate, and if there is no better villa available around this area.
Kitchen:

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I traveled to Bali for the 4th time this September 2009 with a large group of friends. After extensive research, we decided to stay at the Seri Villas . It turned out to be one of my best trips to Bali ever!

LOCATION -- Seri is set on a quiet street in Seminyak, just 10 minutes walk from the beach or to the Living Room, Hu'u Bar, Sarong, and La Luciola. 20 minutes walk to KuDeTa. This location is hard to beat!

ACCOMODATIONS -- All nine villas are beautifully decorated in modern Balinese style with spacious living and dining areas, comfortable bedrooms with mosquito netting, lovely outdoor pools and garden areas, cable TV, DVD/CD players, ceiling fans, A/C throughout, fully stocked fridge, bathrobes, toiletries, and in-room safe. The rooms are private and very quiet at night.

TRANSPORTATION -- Seri offers free airport transfers and free shuttle to anywhere in Seminyak. Or you can taxi for 10-30k rupiah ($1-3 USD). You can also book the hotel van and driver at very reasonable prices. The drivers are very punctual and polite. They also serve as great tour guides!

BREAKFAST and ROOM SERVICE -- Breakfast is included with your booking, and you have a choice of eggs, pancakes, french toast, corn flakes, pastries,fresh fruit, freshly squeezed juices, and coffee/tea. Simply delicious!

POOLSIDE BBQ -- The hotel set up a gorgeous candlelit Seafood BBQ for our group of 16 one night by the pool. It was amazing! The food was great and the party even better! I highly recommend a poolside BBQ, especially when you're tired of eating out. What a treat!

SPA SERVICES -- Seri has a small spa for massages and treatments. Even better is the in-room services. You can get a foot massage while reading a book by the pool in your private villa.

WIRELESS -- Wifi is available in your villa at $3 USD per hour. Buy a card at the front desk and logon!

STAFF -- Simply marvelous!! The staff spoke good English, was extremely polite, and accomodated our every need. They booked tours, shuttled us to town, shopping, and beaches, made reservations for golf, scuba diving, day trips, spas, and restaurants! Whenever there was a problem, they fixed it asap. We couldn't have felt more at home! This was a true luxury vacation! We miss the staff already after only one day!

SECURITY -- No problems. Security guards are posted around the villas 24 hours.

VALUE -- Overall I think the Seri Villas offers one of the best values in Seminyak. There are cheaper places to stay in Bali, but if you want to be close to the action and the best beaches, Seminyak is the place to stay. Especially for young couples and friends. I would highly recommend Seri Villas because of its great location, excellent accomodations, superb service, and good value for the money! If you plan to stay more than 2 nights, try negotiating for a discount.

TIPS -- Bring bug spray and keep your doors closed. All villas in Bali have bugs. Keep small change in Indonesian Rupiah for tips. Take a 10 minute walk to La Luciola for a beautiful lunch on the beach. Try Jari Menari in Seminyak town for a spectacular massage! Try boogie boarding or surfing at Petiteneget beach nearby! Play golf at Nirwana with its gorgeous view of Tanah Lot Temple on the cliff above the ocean.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank ctripper
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I recently spent 5 wonderful nights staying at the Seri Villas with my wife. The quality of the accommodation is world class with contemporary furniture & fittings, all set in the traditional surrounds of Seminyak.

Our villa was divided into two buildings and separated by a pool. The sleeping villa included a stunning indoor/outdoor bathroom, which was concealed by a wall. The living/dining villa was huge with kitchen, dining room and lounge area, which opens directly onto the pool.

A real highlight was breakfast. The staff prepared a good range of dishes each morning in the kitchen. All made to order!

The villas are ideal for families or couples as you can easily spend the day lazing around your private pool and enjoying comfort of the villa. The location is also excellent as the beach & bars are all 5 minutes walk away. We'll be back next year.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

The Seri Villas is a very special place. As other reviewers have mentioned the location couldn't be better (a 2 min walk to the beach and dining spots like Kudeta and the Living Room). We stayed here for a few days after our wedding to get our breath back and we couldn't have chosen a better place. We loved the tranquility and at the same time knowing that we could find lively nightlife just a few steps away. We arranged lunches and dinners at the best restaurants on the island with friends and loved being able to leave the villa just minutes before the meeting time. For friends who were staying at Nusa Dua, it was a bit of a trek.

I particularly liked the outdoor bathroom and having a private pool was sheer luxury. We asked the staff to arranged in-villa massages everyday. The staff were wonderful and genuinely happy to be of help.

I think it's silly to stay in a big name hotel in Bali since Bali does private villas like no other place. Save your Hyatts and Mariotts for your city business travels!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)