Stayed for a week with 7 pax with a mix family profile of grandparents, a toddler, an infant.
Stayed in a 2-bedroom villa near to the entrance/deli. Was initially worried about possible noise from outside, but it was very private. It is also near the gym and laundry area (villa 5). It is also near the main pool which has a children shallow pool area. This is good for us as the pool villa does not have area suitable for young children.
Villa design is not suitable for families with young children. There are three main buildings/wings separated by outdoor space. Two bedrooms are to the east and west of the kitchen/living room. So, when it is raining heavily, we will have to carry an umbrella when we commute between rooms or we will be struggling to juggle carrying several items (eg an active infant and milk bottles) while opening and closing doors. It was also dangerous to leave our children (infant & toddler) sleeping in the bedroom alone and rest/watch TV in the kitchen as it is too far away to hear any cries. The toliet is also dangerous for young children as it has a deep sunken bathtub where they can walked into it easily. The design is more suited for couples rather than families with young children.
Was also disappointed to find out that it had a common laundry area with only one washing machine and two dryers. Spent half a day doing laundry for 7 pax. It didn't help that there was a power trip and we had to restart the cycle. So do bring sufficient clothes. Was probably spoilt by other anantara vacation club facilities in Thailand where there is in-villa 2 in 1 washing machines and we could just throw our laundry into the machine and travel out.
Service was excellent. All staff were very professional and friendly. They were also very prompt in repairs when given feedback. I also enjoyed the refreshing cold water served when we go to the common pool.
For service. I only have issues with the quota of two 1.5L drinking water bottles per villa, which is very challenging for 7 people (including two milk drinking children). On good days, I could get 3 bottles after 'begging' for more. Anyway, we had to buy much more on our own. I just felt that they could ration the water according to the number of people living in a villa, rather than just standard 2 bottles per villa.
Deli food was tasty and nice. It is reasonably priced at around 100k to 150k for each main. For cheaper options, you can just take a short walk just outside (restaurant selling pizza, pasta and local food). There is also a mini mart just outside.
There are 3 shuttle timings to go to the beach club starting at 10am which is very hot at the beach. We called a cab to go there earlier in the morning for around 25k. It was cheap and recommended if you want to avoid the afternoon sun. Beach club for AVC is a good 5-10 min walk from drop off point and only comprise of 4 beach seats and an outdoor shower. We decided it was not worth the walk there but rather pay for the facilities nearer to the drop off point.
Generally, feel that AVC in seminyak is more suitable for couples instead of young or large families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hide away in a boutique pool villa retreat that takes inspiration from a modern colonial plantation. A collection of 18 one, two and three bedroom private pool villas blend enchanting Balinese style and Anantara’s luxurious approach to an exotic home away from home. Each self contained villa is thoughtfully designed to offer a high degree of privacy, a sense of openness and a feeling of being at one with nature, so that you can experience the ultimate island lifestyle. Located only a 25 minute drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali’s jet setter lifestyle awaits you in trendy Seminyak. Discover one of the island’s most sought after destinations, characterised by a charming laid back vibe, great restaurants, gourmet cafés, chic bars and designer shops. More than a favourite haunt for the rich and famous, your stylish Seminyak escape can easily be combined with exploration of the island’s rich artistic scenes, spiritual heartland, traditional rural culture, and of course endless stunning beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ranadi Villa Hotel Seminyak
- Ranadi Hotel Seminyak
- Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak