“Stylish and welcoming in the heart of Seminyak”

Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak
Ranked #82 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We hadn't been to Bali since 1998 and wasn't sure what to expect.

We chose Ranadi Villas based reviews and a hopefully good location.

Well the positive reviews were all correct.

Picked up in a new van with air con, cool towels and water and shuttled across town to the hotel in less than 20 minutes.

Fast track through check in with a welcome drink and breakfast menu then onto the villa.
Our villa, 1 bed was over booked so we had a 2 bed for the first night. The two beds are actually better due to the tv facing the pool, not that you really need a tv, but a great option.

The rooms are stunning, complete with Balinese architecture and modern amenities.

Room service is quick and very well priced. Free mini bar was a nice touch. Breakfast is a choose the day before selection and has variety if staying for 3-4 days. Toast is often luke warm, but again to be expected in Indo.

The reception team are wonderful, quick and attentive and willing to go out of their way.

We had an episode where I went to pay the bill on checkout in Aussie dollars and the receptionist said as the rate wasn't very good, go into town and exchange to get better value for money. Unfortunately I picked a dodgy operator who did me out of 1 million Baht!!! Yes, I know what your saying but he was good. Very good. I even counted it myself! Anyway on return to the hotel I went to pay the bill and of course I was down! The receptionist immediately called the hotel security who accompanied me down to the offending exchange shop in central Seminyak who promptly handed me back my Aussie dollars.

Remember if the rate looks too good to be true it probably is. Always use the government backed exchange kiosks. Ask you hotel for one.

The $5 pizza down the road is great value.

Don't do what my fiance did and freeze the water from the taps! You will get sick and the room service team are happy enough to bring you ice as often as you like!!

Make sure you visit Potato Head Beach Club, about 5 minutes down the road for dinner and drinks. I would rate this better than Ku De Ta for food and drinks, but both are very, very cool.

If you are looking for a relaxing holiday, close to the action, yet far enough away to let you live your holiday then Seminyak and Ranadi Villas is the place to be.

When can I come back?!!!

Room Tip: Any room will do the pricing justice... 1 bed for a couple, 2 bed for two couples / kids, 3 bed for...
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GlobalTVR

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We booked our room as part of a honeymoon package with an airline. We were picked up by a driver at the airport and given cold water and safety tips on the drive to the villa. We were silly enough to be fooled by some porters at the airport and our driver proceeded to warn us never to tell anyone it was our first time in Bali.

When we arrived at the villa we were shown to our rooms and left to take it in. The room was quite nice, although in need of a few cosmetic repairs. There were a few minor things (the safe was already locked, the shower was broken) that weren't attended to despite requesting with the front desk, so that was a bit disappointing. The breakfast was promptly delivered every day but wasn't great food; nothing to get excited about. The restaurant menu was quite expensive so we mostly ate out for other meals. We did dine in for one lunch and one dinner, and while the food tasted good I copped a bit of 'Bali belly' and I blame their chicken.The atmosphere of the restaurant in the evening is heavenly with the tropical evenings, and it is handy to just sign everything back to the room. The major bonus of spending time around the villa's bar and restaurant, day lounges and gardens etc. is that it is free of hassle and the staff are all friendly and discreet. After a few days shopping and dining in Kuta and Seminyak we were eager to have some contact with locals that didn't involve being hassled to buy or tip.

The room itself was lovely; very pretty gardens and a bathtub that overlooks the lap pool. The bed was magnificent and the room was serviced twice daily. There are free bicycles on offer and a driver (although it was hard to pin him down).

Overall our experience at Ranadi Villa was pleasant and met expectations. I think when travelling to a much poorer country you have to remember that 'luxury' is a bit different; it was luxurious to know we weren't staying in a well known western hotel that could potentially target trouble, and we were giving star treatment.

1  Thank AmyQM
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This would have to be the most amazing place to stay in the world!! I could not find anything wrong with the place! Make sure you try the pineapple pancakes!

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Trtt
Reviewed August 12, 2011

A decent villa, but getting old.

We stayed in a two bedroom villa.

Not too sure about the "open" concept bathroom, where anyone lithe enough can climb and have view of you showering,using the toilet, etc

The locks were rickety ( I was glad I stayed with friends, otherwise, I would have checked into another more secured villa). The pool were not very inviting.

I did a scrub at the spa and the lady showed me the bathtub where one is supposed to take a dip and shower latter on, the problem is that there is a construction going on right next door and the construction was for a 2 storey building. When I asked her about it, she just shrugged her shoulder (albeit with a smiling face). Needless to say, I didn't spend more than 5 mins.
I wouldn't recommend their spa except perhaps for massage. I had facial, body massage and scrub.

Their staff were okay, though I don't quite like their front desk. Staff slouching on the sofa (even when they saw guests around) is not something I expected for a luxury hotel.

The location is pretty okay. The breakfast were plentiful but lack in quality.

I guess its all a matter of expectations, if its a 3 or even 4 starred villa, then I would give it a 4 star.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank denimautum
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We've just returned home from 8 nights at Ranadi, such a lovely stay. The private pool, relaxed outdoor area, and friendly staff made this our favourite vacation to date.
We had our 6yo with us and he loved it. Our friends were staying at another villa in Seminyak, but they spent most of the time coming to us.

Evening drinks on the lawn area was fab. Strongly recommend this villa, especially for families

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I had a good time at Ranadi Villa, the staffs are well trained, they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom villa which has a longer pool. We stayed for 4 days & 3 nights.

These are the good points staying at Ranadi Villa:
• They are punctual for their breakfast and always there for your needs.
• House cleaning, including spraying pesticides, as Villas usually have bugs and insects, they make sure the insects are kept to a minimum in their premises.
• Very convenient, its near 1 straight road to Kuta and a main highway - Sunset road.
• We had a BBQ menu at 1 night, the staff serves us the food off the grills.
• Cheap renting Car services

Some bad points:
• House cleaning are done by boys, which i think is weird, it should be done by ladies. My partner lost a sexy G string after the trip, not sure she lose it at Ranadi.
• It takes around 8 minutes to walk to one of the main street Laksmana road, where restaurants and pubs situated. Renting a car is preferred.

Overall, I think its a good place to stay in Bali.

1  Thank joetjiam
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at the Ranadi villa for two nights and were very disappointed. We stayed at another Villa of a similar price before checking into The Ranadi and the contrast was remarkable. The standard at the other villa was so much higher. I couldn't believe the Ranadi had won an award in 2010. It really made me question the integrity of the award.
The villa was quite noisy. The paint on the walls was peeling and some of the timber was in need of repair. Also, the toilet was outside and when it rained it got wet. If the lid was left open then bugs and insects got into the toilet bowl.
Overall, the staff were quite friendly and trying to do their best, however they seemed to be poorly trained. When we were checking out there was an irate customer at the reception desk. He had booked several nights but was leaving after one night. He was demanding his money back. I heard him complaining that he had seen a rat in his room amongst other things. I certainly wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and I am surprised to see it has been rated so highly by many people.

2  Thank DianeMaree