We hadn't been to Bali since 1998 and wasn't sure what to expect.
We chose Ranadi Villas based reviews and a hopefully good location.
Well the positive reviews were all correct.
Picked up in a new van with air con, cool towels and water and shuttled across town to the hotel in less than 20 minutes.
Fast track through check in with a welcome drink and breakfast menu then onto the villa.
Our villa, 1 bed was over booked so we had a 2 bed for the first night. The two beds are actually better due to the tv facing the pool, not that you really need a tv, but a great option.
The rooms are stunning, complete with Balinese architecture and modern amenities.
Room service is quick and very well priced. Free mini bar was a nice touch. Breakfast is a choose the day before selection and has variety if staying for 3-4 days. Toast is often luke warm, but again to be expected in Indo.
The reception team are wonderful, quick and attentive and willing to go out of their way.
We had an episode where I went to pay the bill on checkout in Aussie dollars and the receptionist said as the rate wasn't very good, go into town and exchange to get better value for money. Unfortunately I picked a dodgy operator who did me out of 1 million Baht!!! Yes, I know what your saying but he was good. Very good. I even counted it myself! Anyway on return to the hotel I went to pay the bill and of course I was down! The receptionist immediately called the hotel security who accompanied me down to the offending exchange shop in central Seminyak who promptly handed me back my Aussie dollars.
Remember if the rate looks too good to be true it probably is. Always use the government backed exchange kiosks. Ask you hotel for one.
The $5 pizza down the road is great value.
Don't do what my fiance did and freeze the water from the taps! You will get sick and the room service team are happy enough to bring you ice as often as you like!!
Make sure you visit Potato Head Beach Club, about 5 minutes down the road for dinner and drinks. I would rate this better than Ku De Ta for food and drinks, but both are very, very cool.
If you are looking for a relaxing holiday, close to the action, yet far enough away to let you live your holiday then Seminyak and Ranadi Villas is the place to be.
When can I come back?!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hide away in a boutique pool villa retreat that takes inspiration from a modern colonial plantation. A collection of 18 one, two and three bedroom private pool villas blend enchanting Balinese style and Anantara’s luxurious approach to an exotic home away from home. Each self contained villa is thoughtfully designed to offer a high degree of privacy, a sense of openness and a feeling of being at one with nature, so that you can experience the ultimate island lifestyle. Located only a 25 minute drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali’s jet setter lifestyle awaits you in trendy Seminyak. Discover one of the island’s most sought after destinations, characterised by a charming laid back vibe, great restaurants, gourmet cafés, chic bars and designer shops. More than a favourite haunt for the rich and famous, your stylish Seminyak escape can easily be combined with exploration of the island’s rich artistic scenes, spiritual heartland, traditional rural culture, and of course endless stunning beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ranadi Villa Hotel Seminyak
- Ranadi Hotel Seminyak
- Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak