“Beware of Poison”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The food was ok buit overpriced. Unfortunately the owner was unable to communicate about this and became physicaly agressive. The wine is not what it was labelled. The next day some members of my family felt sick and we attributed that to the food and attitude.

2  Thank Andagainagain
matador144, Owner at La Sal, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Angry or argue with a guest about our prices of the food?. Aggressive with a guest?. Fake wine?. I think you have never been to La Sal.
Thanks for been loosing your time with this review.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Restaurant is located down the street from our villa so we, by chance, stopped by. Great ambience, nice staff, good drinks, fine wine, and exceptional food. We had the baramundi and grilled vegetables. The fish had such good flavor and melted in your mouth. It's the best meal we've had in Bali.

matador144, Owner at La Sal, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thanks for your review...we are really happy to know that you had a great time with us.

We hope to see you again soon at La Sal and we look forward welcoming you for another amazing experience.

Thank you very much again from the entire La Sal’s team.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have to say, all my friends rave about La Sal and on the same visit as me, I was the only one not taken with this place - so this is only my opinion. My friends all loved it. The ambience was good but b/c it's surrounded by rice fields, the mosquitos were a big problem - but the sunset was great. I wouldn't go back, but I'm being honest, my friends loved it and would def go back. Make up your own mind on this one :)

matador144, Owner at La Sal, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

We are very happy to hear your opinion about where is located “La Sal”.
Honestly I have to say three things:

1. Unfortunately the rice fields in Seminyak area are almost missing. Four years ago, even had, but few. Now only one remains very small and right next to the restaurant. Of which we are very proud and happy and hope it lasts for years. Well that symbolizes what was Bali. And it is a real honour to be one of the few restaurants that we enjoy this luxury.
2. Mosquitoes in tropical areas like Bali there and throughout the year. That's why we have a team of fumigation spraying once a week. We also provide mosquito repellent to customers who may have some trouble with this insect. It is always available if the customer needs.
3. The restaurant is open from 12 to 3:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m . At 18:30 pm on any month of the year in Bali is already dark, the night begins.

Again. We are very happy to hear from you. All opinion helps us to grow. We hope you enjoyed the food that surely you tested.
All opinions are valid. Thank you for your sincerity.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

When its hot weather I love to eat Tapas - those little tempting morsels of beautifully created flavours are just enough. And of course you can order more if you're still hungry. The food here is great, with an imaginative menu, changing specials and a terrific atmosphere. The washed white wood and candlelight makes for a lovely evening. I go here every time I come to Bali. And the white Sangria is affordable - which can't be said of wine in Bali normally.

matador144, Owner at La Sal, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful review on your recent visit to La Sal. It gives me great pleasure to share your kind words with the team.

Our “tapas” change every few month and so there should be something new for you to try on your next visit!

With best wishes,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We visited La Sal two years ago and the food was very good. Since then we have visited on 2 more occasions and have been very let down on both food and service. Staff more interested in talking among themselves than providing service. It's a shame that I have to say this as our first experience was very good. We were persistent in hoping our recent visits was just a bad night, but we now know we won't visit again or recommend.

1  Thank Sophie A
matador144, Owner at La Sal, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We would like to thank you for your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback for everyone alike, our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world.
Thank you once again for sharing your point of view with our readers, and we are sorry we were not able to please you entirely. Our team and I will continue working hard in our efforts to please every customer.
With kind regards,