“disgusting”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband and I went La Sal after reading the reviews on the web site. We made a reservation over the phone. My husband asked the female over the phone if this was fine dining, her reply was yes. We arrived at 6.30pm and it was not busy only two tables were occupied, but the owner (maybe) was so rude, he actually left us standing by the bar, we not knowing what to do, so that he could answer incoming phone calls. we then shown upstairs to a table, we then thought we were on the up!!!. What a mistake we made in our thoughts, the service was disgusting, the food was worse, I can make a better paella in my sleep. When we asked to see the owner/manager we were then confronted by the guy who saw initially. Who then proceeded to be as rude.
I would like to give a mention to those who project this as a good eating place to go back and try again maybe you will give them a different vote.

I saw what type of people were eating there, I will say no more!!!!.

3  Thank oberoi2011
matador144, Owner at La Sal, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

The couple arrived at 6:30 o'clock. That day the restaurant was fully book, many long tables (groups) in the dinning room. The garden was closed due to the strong rain.

Upon arrival the couple, I showed them his table; personally accompany them to the table offering the best quality and romantic one (as I said they were like at your second honeymoon), I asked if they like, and they said that was fantastic.

They had their cocktails, tapas and a nice bottle of wine.

In several visits to the table to ask how things were going, they answered “great” and showed the face full of happiness.

After dinner, a waiter called me to tell me that the customers wanted to talk. I went up and the woman very rudely and aggressively told me that the paella was disgusting. I gently asked him how he could be so bad if they had finished all, then the woman threatened to send a critique to Tripadvisor. Then, I went to the husband seeing that the communication with this woman was impossible because it is beside himself, for no apparent reason.

The husband tells me to ignore his wife because she was going through a bad time. Appreciated the gesture of the gentlemen and to show my deepest apologies; if the paella was not at the level they expected, told him they would not pay the paella, also offering complimentary desserts and a coffee. The gentleman asked for coffee, but she forbade him adamantly and aggressively too; saying she wanted to leave the premises. They paid only cocktails, wine and tapas. The paella was cancelled, (the bill is attached bellow), even if they devoured it all and even suck the heads of the prawns.

At the end the gentleman thanks me for all the good work and patience with his wife apologizing, he wants me to understand that she was under depression and taking medication.

Cheers

Gonzalo Sanchez
La Sal

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Normally la sal is great, but this visit it was a big let down, even the service was poor and the paella was terrible and cold not served steaming at our table as expected!
We will have to think twice about coming back even though we love the atmosphere it was a big let down.

1  Thank ZAMBIR888
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Was busy so sat at the bar for some tapas & beer ( as it should be). Food came very quickly & was of good quality as always.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Fresh and delicious, La Sal really delivers. The seafood is out of this world and their pizzas (although now gone) were one of the best the island had to offer.

2  Thank JustinRBoyd
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We visited la sal for my birthday dinner after rave reviews from a friend. It did not disappoint! Food was extremely delicious. We ordered a number of items from the tapas menu & everything was divine. We also ordered the crispy duck salad which was a let down as the duck was far too dry & not generously served.
The service was brilliant & the ambience was perfect with the fairy light garden. We spent $30usd per head for cocktails, tapas & dessert for a special night out. A little bit hidden down a lane way, which is also appealing as does not attract the masses. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Porgarina