“Gorgeous villa - great location, beautiful people, relaxing spa”

Annora Villas Seminyak
Ranked #25 of 426 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My two cousins & I stayed here 13-16 October in a one bedroom pool villa.

I made the booking through booking.com & even though my original booking was for a two bedroom villa (there was to be four of us), when I needed to change to a one bedroom villa - it was easy.

All my communications with Neny in the Annora office were answered quickly & all answers given. My endless questions, organising airport pick up ($20US charge), requesting a spa menu - all answered & sorted!!!

The complex is quite small & quiet, but lovely. From the huge entrance & smiley staff welcoming you with a cold towel, to the pathway of hanging flowers, to the wee restaurant/pool area.

We were in Villa 7 & the one bedroom villa was fine for the three of us. Our own pool, gorgeous bathroom & air-con in the bedroom. There isn't a full kitchen, but there is a fridge & kettle. Our pool area attracted the morning sun & the breeze whistled through in the arvo/evenings.

Aura Spa on the premises is as a spa should be. All the ladies are lovely & requests were met. There wasn't always three ladies working there, but with notice they could get another one so the three of us could spoil ourselves at the same time. They don't do waxing, but the Grandmas Hotel down the road does.

Breakfast could be had at the restaurant or in your villa. We chose the villa. All breakkies were yummy!!! Other food we ate from the restaurant was good to. They serve food until 10pm, our first night we decided to eat in (we had been up since 3.30am), but we decided about 9.45. As they had been quiet the chef had just left – they said it was no trouble & ran to get him! Dinner received.

We knew this location as we stayed in a Hotel nearby last year - Puri Saron. Puri Saron is over the road from Annora. You walk through Puri Saron & you are on the beach! Puri Saron has a money changer inside also.

Up to about 10minutes walk away is a supermarket. Restaurants/bars (La Plancha our fave) are nearby otherwise 'Eat Street' in Seminyak is a short taxi ride away.

We loved the villa, location, staff & spa & would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChampersSunset

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I arrived at Annora at 2.30am in the morning and was greeted with a warm welcome aswell as a cold drink and fresh towel. The staff were very friendly and spoke english very well. The rooms were well presented and quite spacious. Although the villas are close they didnt feel like you were ontop of other guests. The food at the restaurant was enjoyable and the location of the villa was great with it being within a 2 min walk from the beach and food and clothes shops.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DamienKylie S
Reviewed October 12, 2012

When I arrived at Annora Bali Villas my first impressions were overwhelmingly positive: I was warmly welcomed by friendly staff with a refreshing drink & cool face washer. The water features & hanging orchids in the entry way were just lovely & the villa itself was much more spacious than I expected. I expressed some concern about the sound of trickling water coming from the bathroom & the door was pushed open to reveal a bath fully prepared with rose petals floating on top!

The warmth of the staff was consistent throughout my entire stay, whether I was dealing with the concierge desk, the restaurant staff or the women in the fantastic on-site spa. Everyone was pleasant & helpful, and the language barrier was only a problem on one occasion when a newer staff member wasn't quite able to understand my request that they organise a driver for me to visit Uluwatu & Jimbaran. In the end, another staff member stepped in & I had my driver within minutes. Everyone was committed to making my stay a good one, to the point where a staff member in the restaurant was prepared to go out & bring me Pandang Pancakes (a Balinese breakfast special that didn't feature on the Annora menu). I refused because the breaky options were quite delicious (& generous too), but it does illustrate just how much the staff cared about my needs.

The Spa deserves a special mention. The treatments were reasonably priced & really good. It was great that I didn't have to head out to find my massages elsewhere. I did head out for dinner though, & because Annora was located down a very quiet & somewhat dark street I was a bit nervous about heading out on my own but as it turns out, the hotel offers a free shuttle to anyplace guests want to go within the Seminyak district!

The location of the hotel was good: quiet, but still in the heart of Seminyak & only a few minutes walk to the beachfront. Everything was clean & lovely. The bed was comfortable & very large. I enjoyed everything about my stay.

Room Tip: I know that other rooms had their own private pool, which does sound lovely, but the shared pool was...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Catherine J
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Not a big place, but was value for money when i went. I had a one bedroom pool villa and the place was not busy. Very close to the beach and kept clean and tidy. Breakfast was quite yummy and the complex is in a great spot.

Having your own pool villa just tops everything off.

Room Tip: Book through Agoda or Wotif for the best rates
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BNGBOY
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Having read the reviews I had hoped for the best. - but unfortunately it looks like we were unlucky with the room we were given. 5b is a two Bedroom pool villa which had large rooms but unfortunately the outside space is very claustrophobic. A small space coupled with very tall walls meant that we were never going to be able to sit in the sun and enjoy the pool - which as it didn't see any sunlight was freezing. The walls themselves looked like they had not been painted for a while so were looking the worst for wear. The lounge and 2nd bedroom are upstairs and you need the lights on during the day as its so gloomy.

The room wasn't cheap at US$300 a night - although could have paid more if we hadn't used a late deal. The worst part though was the bathroom which had a nasty smell and made me feel quite queasy. The best part was breakfast which was a reasonable choice. But on the whole definitely not worth the money.

In fairness to the staff when I complained the following day and said I wanted to check out - they did offer me a different room. It was a one bedroom villa (which they offered a discount for) but didn't look any better so we opted to leave. There wasn't a quibble about a refund and it was handled quickly and professionally.

The location is good - but not enough to make up for the conditions. As a previous reviewer has stated - better options - for less money are available.

Room Tip: Do not book room 5 b
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

After booking via Bookings.com and checking photos via Trip Advisor, Bookings.com and the hotel's website www.annorabali.com, I was looking forward to my stay in the 2 bedroom villa. However the photos are based on Villa 6 and the other 2 bed villa (Villa 5) is very different. Instead of the open pool and sun deck, there was a lap pool with very limited sun exposure and no sun deck at all. Villa 5 as a whole is very dark and felt like dungeon because the blinds are constantly drawn to avoid bad views. The upstairs bed and bathroom is small and the water pressure was so poor that we had to shower and wash downstairs in our friends room.

It is hard to complain as staff are so friendly and really didn't understand the issue. I did explain to them that the villa we booked was nothing like the villa we were staying in and the photos are misleading, however there doesn't seem to be a manager and all they could do was say sorry and smile. As soon as Villa 6 was available, we moved and it was considerably better, sadly this was only available for last 2 of a 6 night stay.

If I had a choice, I would have taken my money and moved to another villa as there are much better options around Seminyak in my opinion.

Saying that, hotel staff are very friendly and the location is good for getting around Seminyak. Breakfast was quite good and the spa was good value. The stay was enjoyable but I won't stay again.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a 2 bedroom villa and assuming there is no change in the room numbers make su...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vospero
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at Annora for nights in a one bedroom villa with our own private pool. Tha villa was so WOW. We enjoyed our welcome drink a welcome compilmentary 15 minute massage. We took advantage of the spa and had a pedicure and also one hour massage. Just beautiful. the staff in the restaurant were so polite, and pleasant. The food was good. Breakfastas included and could not be faulted. I recommend the omelette with the lot, scruptious. We had stayedin another Villa for the previous 7 days, but I know next time we come we will stay the whole time at Annora. It is quite well situated to Seminyak beach, Legian and Kuta a short taxi ride. We really enjoyed our time at Annora.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple