“Lovely place, couldn't ask for more!”
Review of Space at Bali

Space at Bali
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed at these villas for a week as a quick get away from family commitments after Christmas. Easily the most relaxed atmosphere out of all the different villas we have stayed at in Seminyak. Ary looked after our every need and made sure we were comfortable and went over and above with his services. The rest of the staff were very lovely and made sure the villa looked perfect at all times without intruding on privacy.
The villa itself was lovely and was a perfect place to relax and spend the day. Breakfast in the villa was lovely each morning and we were given a free cocktail every afternoon. One noticeable thing that we were looking for was the lack of traffic noise or roosters in the morning and this place fit that bill while only being under 10 minutes walk from seminyak square. The pool was also cool and refreshing as opposed to some villas where the pool is hot all the time.
We hope to be back!

Room Tip: Ary was a wonderful source of help and information.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Space at Bali, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thanks for your positive feedback about our villas and your recent villa stay. We have tried to make every aspect of the villa vacation as relaxed and easy as possible and your experience lets us know that we have been successful. We passed on your feedback to our staff and they will be glad to hear your comments. Welcome back soon we hope.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed with four adults and our 11 month old baby in a two bedroom villa. What an exquisite looking villa. The lush garden and HUGE pool were the highlights but the villa itself was wonderful. We didn't even leave the villa often, it was too relaxing and enjoyable at Space. Our maid, Ayu was so great and couldn't do enough for us. She spent so much time with our baby which he loved. All the other staff made such an effort as well, all coming to see how my husband was feeling after he got sick. The breakfasts were great, amentities were great. Only negatives were our shower and bath ran out of hot water very fast, and sometimes I would have liked to be closer to the main streets of seminyak.
Other than that, was so wonderful and we will be back again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Happy to learn that your vacation with us was up to your expectations. Yes the large villa, pool and gardens of Space at Bali are always appreciated by our guests and that along with our staff are our biggest assets. Indonesians love children and Ayu obviously had a great connection with your 11 month old baby. You will definitely need to return soon since you spent so much time in the villa and their is so much to discover in Seminyak and beyond.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

had a wonderful experience staying at the villa. kids (and adults) loved the pool. Very private as we didn't see any other guests through out our stay even though the place is well booked. Hospitability at its best.. special mention of ADI as he and his team made us felt very welcomed and accommodated our wants and needs ( we asked for last minute tour arrangement, whatever complaints we had were addressed almost immediately..etc). However, I did find that the villa is a tad too dim for my liking so I didn't let the kids roam freely outside at night plus there was no fan at the area upstairs which hindered us from utilizing the space. all in all, definitely a memorable one!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your comments and feedback which we are looking into. We have passed on your message to Adi and the staff at Space and they will be happy that you enjoyed their service and that they were able to satisfy your requests .. we all hope that we will have the chance to welcoming you back to Bali soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had such a wonderful and unforgettable time when we were honeymooning at Space. The staff were very knowledgeable and hospitable. We felt so welcomed and it made our experience all that much more memorable. Thanks to Steve and all the friendly staff at Space. It was simply an amazing experience for us.

Yusoff & Lina

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Space at Bali, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Many couples choose to spend their honeymoon time with us and we always endeavor to make it extra special. Staying in or going out of the villa is often the biggest decision of the day. Hope we will see you back soon at Space at Bali .. maybe even with the new kids !

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This was first trip to Bali and a friend recommended Space at Bali. From the time we were met at the airport by the hotel to our departure seven days later we were exceptionally well looked after and made to feel welcome.
The food, service and accommodation were of International standard and exceeded my expectations.
I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed this experience and I will definitely return and stay at Space

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Space at Bali, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Finding a fabulous place to stay on your first visit to a destination is a great achievement and with Trip Advisor it certainly helps. Glad that all parts of your holiday were as expected and we hope you will return again soon to Space at Bali Villas.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Reading the past reviews here, I feel shortchanged from my stay at Space Villas.
I was with my two year old toddler. Have mentioned in my email correspondences with the hotel staff many times I'm with my 2 year old. There was no pool gate no high chair. I'm quite sure the hotel management would reply to this review and say that the gate and high chair will definitely be provided if requested but the issue here is - why wasn't it offered in the first place?

We were given villa 6, a 2 bedroom. It was a dimly lit villa and the best part was it was infested with mosquitoes, mosquitoes I still can forgive cos it's rainy season in bali and the staff did try to put more mosquitoe coils when we feedback. I cAnt forgive the RATS. Yup there were rats, running around in the villa living room. We told the staff who came to cook breakfast that there were rats, he jus shrugged as tho rats come naturally with the villa. On the second morning, my pancake was not cooked well. It was still mushy and floury in the middle and the pancake was way too thick almost like a cupcake .

As we were eating our BBQ dinner we could hear rats squeaking about as well we we were trying to fall asleep in the bedroom. There were baby cockroaches at our dining table. My husband even saw a rat stuttering across the roof beam of our room. I have photos to prove of a rat-bitten bag of bread that I left on the dining table. Asked the staff what happened to our bread. He said nonchalantly 'maybe rats' . No apology no follow up action nothing . Yay villa for rent with rats included,

The space staff probably gave us the furthest room and chucked us in one corner and could not be bothered with us.

There were many times I wanted to ask to switch villa or to even move to another sister property of theirs. However, I was only there for three nights and repacking and moving with our toddler was just too much of a hassle. And really I felt their staff just could not be bothered so I didn't even want to waste energy to feedback. I treasure the time spent outside sightseeing and dreaded going back to the villa in the evening,

And oh the breakfast cooked in our villa? The staff are bad at washing up after cooking breakfast that the kitchen counter top is perpetually greasy. So were the floors.

Yup the pictures are what you see. But u can't see the grease, the rats and the mosquitoes.

I have been to bali three times and this is the worst ever villa. Ever.

Room Tip: Obviously not the rat and roach infested villa six.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank pinny83
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Space at Bali, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

We do appreciate the time you have taken to inform us of the problems that you have encountered . We have taken all the steps needed to rectify the issues that you have highlighted. While we would hope that every guests holiday is as expected sometimes things can go wrong or things need addressing. We have made some changes and we are very hopeful that our villas will continue to be a favorite villa for holiday makers in Seminyak

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights with family: my 17 year old daughter and her friend and my 20 year old son. All of us loved the villa and the location. Pool and gardens certainly have the wow factor and are bigger than they appear in the photos. The bedrooms were large and curtains kept out the light so the teenagers could sleep late after their clubbing. We have stayed in Bali twice before but this villa is the best. The staff were all so friendly and helpful and could not have done any more for us. Our butler Widana was the BEST EVER. Nothing was a trouble to him including giving my son lifts to the gym and serving us our daily breakfast: the girls drooled over the bacon served each morning!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elaine J

Many of our guests return to stay again with us because of the great experience that they have had with our staff. We have passed on your comments to Widana and the team. Hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Space at Bali in the near future.