“Shortchanged”

Space at Bali
singapore
“Shortchanged”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Reading the past reviews here, I feel shortchanged from my stay at Space Villas.
I was with my two year old toddler. Have mentioned in my email correspondences with the hotel staff many times I'm with my 2 year old. There was no pool gate no high chair. I'm quite sure the hotel management would reply to this review and say that the gate and high chair will definitely be provided if requested but the issue here is - why wasn't it offered in the first place?

We were given villa 6, a 2 bedroom. It was a dimly lit villa and the best part was it was infested with mosquitoes, mosquitoes I still can forgive cos it's rainy season in bali and the staff did try to put more mosquitoe coils when we feedback. I cAnt forgive the RATS. Yup there were rats, running around in the villa living room. We told the staff who came to cook breakfast that there were rats, he jus shrugged as tho rats come naturally with the villa. On the second morning, my pancake was not cooked well. It was still mushy and floury in the middle and the pancake was way too thick almost like a cupcake .

As we were eating our BBQ dinner we could hear rats squeaking about as well we we were trying to fall asleep in the bedroom. There were baby cockroaches at our dining table. My husband even saw a rat stuttering across the roof beam of our room. I have photos to prove of a rat-bitten bag of bread that I left on the dining table. Asked the staff what happened to our bread. He said nonchalantly 'maybe rats' . No apology no follow up action nothing . Yay villa for rent with rats included,

The space staff probably gave us the furthest room and chucked us in one corner and could not be bothered with us.

There were many times I wanted to ask to switch villa or to even move to another sister property of theirs. However, I was only there for three nights and repacking and moving with our toddler was just too much of a hassle. And really I felt their staff just could not be bothered so I didn't even want to waste energy to feedback. I treasure the time spent outside sightseeing and dreaded going back to the villa in the evening,

And oh the breakfast cooked in our villa? The staff are bad at washing up after cooking breakfast that the kitchen counter top is perpetually greasy. So were the floors.

Yup the pictures are what you see. But u can't see the grease, the rats and the mosquitoes.

I have been to bali three times and this is the worst ever villa. Ever.

Room Tip: Obviously not the rat and roach infested villa six.
3 Thank pinny83
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Space at Bali, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We do appreciate the time you have taken to inform us of the problems that you have encountered . We have taken all the steps needed to rectify the issues that you have highlighted. While we would hope that every guests holiday is as expected sometimes things can go wrong or things need addressing. We have made some changes and we are very hopeful that our villas will continue to be a favorite villa for holiday makers in Seminyak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights with family: my 17 year old daughter and her friend and my 20 year old son. All of us loved the villa and the location. Pool and gardens certainly have the wow factor and are bigger than they appear in the photos. The bedrooms were large and curtains kept out the light so the teenagers could sleep late after their clubbing. We have stayed in Bali twice before but this villa is the best. The staff were all so friendly and helpful and could not have done any more for us. Our butler Widana was the BEST EVER. Nothing was a trouble to him including giving my son lifts to the gym and serving us our daily breakfast: the girls drooled over the bacon served each morning!

1 Thank Elaine J
Many of our guests return to stay again with us because of the great experience that they have had with our staff. We have passed on your comments to Widana and the team. Hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Space at Bali in the near future.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Spent a week late October in a 2 bedroom villa
The photos don't do justice it was truly amazing
Very relaxing and wonderful service
Big thank you to Butler no 1 Susila who remembered all we liked daily
Fantastic seafood BBQ n lobster Thermidor thanks so much Meduna
Can't wait to return

Karen and mama

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
The Seafood BBQ and Lobster is a favorite choice with guests and Mudana is a great food ambassador for Space at Bali. Its always nice when we are told that our villas are better than the images on the website, as often when people make reservations on line they can experience the opposite. We are waiting for your return with another Seafood BBQ.
Shanghai
Reviewed November 12, 2013

When we saw the place, we knew it was the right decisition! A villa with 2 amazing rooms, with private bathroom, the decoration was perfect and the ambience the best. We enjoyed the swimming pool for us like kids, the temperature was perfect.
We used the Spa services, 2 women came to our Villa and was very relaxing and the prices very affordable. Also we order a Seafood BBQ, they ask us what we want, and the install it in the garden. The service is great as the place. We won´t want to leave from there, we found our place in Bali for the next trip.

Room Tip: Left or Right, all are impressive!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Space at Bali, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thanks for your comments and glad that you were able to enjoy all that Space at Bali was able to offer. The in villa spa service is very popular with guests and also having your own chef cooking for you in the villa is a luxury most people never have the chance to experience. Come back soon.
Manly, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The villa was divine and in a great location with excellent staff. It was great to have the high chair and pool gate too, with us having two toddlers. The food was nice too - not overly amazing, but tasty and fresh. Our air con was a bit dodgy, but when we mentioned it they fixed it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Catering to guests with children is one of Space at Bali's specialty, from Pool fences to baby sitting we try to offer everything that parents might need to help make their stay as relaxing as possible. Bring the kids back when they are older they will enjoy it even more !
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We loved our stay at Space at Bali. The indoor and outdoor area was so well maintained, clean and created a great relaxing environment for our stay. Our room was the 1 bedroom apartment and it was so spacious, huge. We ate in both nights as the food was delicious. We also ordered a couples massage to our room which was wonderful and so easy to organise, they fit us in on the same day that we rang about it. We did have a little bit of an issue with mosquitos, but the staff provided me with insect spray and repellent straight away. Special mention to all the staff at Space at Bali, they were so pleasant and made the stay a special memory!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for Loving Space at Bali ! Our team love looking after our guests and you can be assured the same level of service and facilities will be waiting for you on your next visit !
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Forget your boutique resorts and overpriced hotels that have pompous feel with yawn factor .
Space at Bali Villas has completely changed my way of thinking about where I want to hang my hat whilst on holidays in Bali. This is my 11th trip to Bali and now staggered as to why it took so many trips to establish that cheap villas around Legian and Kuta area, pompous concrete jungles they call resorts with enormous pools yet nobody in them, expensive hotels with just an array of Bintang singlet top wearing rude and feral Aussies are just an easy option because that's what "the average Joe" does.
Initially I couldn't get into the 1br Villa at Space for time period I needed but that wasn't a problem, they provided a 2br villa first night, much to our delight. Then our 1br became available for remaining dates. We had our motorbike waiting in our little scooter park outside our villa all ready to go on our arrival.
From the moment you arrive you're an adopted family of the most wonderful staff. Such amazing and personalised service you will never get in your resorts or hotels, well not like this anyways.
From reception, to security, to butlers, to the leaf sweepers to the gardeners, each and every one of them are there with that delightful beaming Bali smile, so polite and respectful. Adi was super nice first night and whipped us up a lovely breakfast and then packed all our bags to move to our 1br villa. Then we had Ayu for 6 days who took my wife Mel out to the shops on the back of her motorbike and hosted us to absolute perfection , such a hard worker. Gede took us all the way to Ubud to our pre paid 3 nights accom in a expensive boring resort and stopped via Finns Beach Club for lunch, all for no extra cost. Made was like my own personal assistant, booked us into restaurants, organised massage, organised transport, organised my Bali SIM card and even put his name to it for such ease of setup and he even organised pickup from Gili island ferry as a personal service, rather than rely on the shuttle that cattle trucks everybody in from the ferry stop back on Bali.
He organised a romantic BBQ dinner for 2 in our Villa and organised Babi Guling (suckling Pig) for 6 of us personally served up at our villa for friends of ours also in Bali. They even dropped all of our gear to Stones Hotel where we had last nights in Legian .
When we went to Gili Islands for 3 nights they kept all our unrequired luggage there , we were so impressed with all this that we cut short one night in Gili T and returned for one more night at Space as we were so impressed. They then came and collected my motorbike from stones Hotel on my very last day so I would have that extra hassle of dropping back..and I wasn't even staying there .
No need to harp on how amazing the villas and rooms and bathrooms and toilet facilities are, the pics on the website are spot on, no tricky photography going on they look exactly like the website.
Lastly location. Forget Legian and Kuta, it's so 80s and 90s and just attracts the loud , disrespectful bogans. Seminyak is the place to be. All the good shopping, all the amazing eateries , all the stylish beach clubs like potato head, W hotel and cocoon are all at your fingertips and Space is minutes from all of them. The beach is just around the bend and they will shuttle you if you don't want to walk or get a bike.
Space at Bali is way ahead of the pack here and the best value for money I've ever encountered.
It took me 11 visits to Bali to find a place like this, I'm hoping this report can help many others not have to do the same.
If I had one negative, I guess SPACE staff need to relax a bit more in regards to asking for payment of mini bar and extras such as BBQ dinner and Babi Guling. We had 4 different people over a space of an hour querying about paying the bill. It can appear as though you are more interested in people's money than their well being at times. Curb your enthusiasm in regards to the bill, it can come across as if you don't trust them to pay.
Other than that..Love your work Space at Bali Villa.. Top of the podium for you guys and Thankyou so much.
Scotty and Mel

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott N
Thank you for your overwhelming review. We have shared your posting with all our staff and they were very happy to learn that you have rated us so highly. You used all our facilities from the Food & Beverage offerings to the excursions and drivers tour and you will have experienced the same service that our team delivers to all our guests. We have noted your comments about the end of stay payment polices and we will improve that after your feedback. Come back soon !