“Cheap & yummy”

Ultimo
Ranked #78 of 566 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Description: Good Food, Good Music, Good Services, and Great Prices. Everything's Excellent.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our first meal in Bali and we were so surprised by the cheap prices of all the meals. Our first time in Bali too but wow we were so happy to enjoy melon and prosciutto for $3 ! And tasty pasta for $4 our bill was something like $20 for food and drinks. We sat in the non smoking area which was lovely and there was a guy singing Italian songs with a great voice. You could sit outdoors too which looked nice. This restaurant was busy but staff were good and friendly and food service was quick.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,287)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I found this place on Trip Advisor and was expecting it to be good. The food was average and not as good as plenty of other places in Bali. The atmosphere is dire if you're looking for a decent experience - there was blaring pop music out of a speaker just above our table. A fairly down-market experience altogether.

For Seminyak, Grocer and Grind is far superior. Or try Biku, which is significantly cheaper and nicer.

However, my worst experience was on the attempted scam that the waitress/ cashier tried to pull on us.(from recipt, waitress ID is: L30, cashier AYU). Our bill came to 397k. I counted out 400k, my fiancée checked it for me. When the waitress came down, she actually counted the money beside me before taking it away, which we thought was rather odd. We then went to the till. About five minutes later she came back again saying that we had made a mistake and had only paid 390k. Now, I was astounded as my fiancée and I had checked it first, but the waitress had actually counted it too. After refusal on my part to pay any more, she walked away.

She never returned and after about 5-10 minutes waiting on her, I called her over again to ask what was happening. Again she started saying that we hadn't paid correctly. When I again pointed out that she had counted it before going to the till, she said she had misread the bill as being 390k. Absolute rubbish. I insisted that we were in the right.

Eventually she gave in and brought up the 3k change, with some amout of apology, but leaving it in such a way tha implied we were definitely in the wrong.

Now, I understand that scams are quite common in Bali (I caught out two others in supermarkets) during our stay there, but I certainly wouldn't expect it in a restaurant with such a high rating on Trip Advisor. I actually don't care about the 10k amount that they tried to scam us on, it's not much at all, however it's the principle that gets me. This ruined our experience of the restaurant and I would never go back because of this.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Not a bad place to have a meal but very loud and many smokers around us this time. Fast quick service and a very big menu to select from. Good price for the type of place it is. Food was good but nothing special.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

As a party of 4 we ate here for the first time in Feb 2012. We all selected the 3 course set menu with glass of wine. All enjoyed our meals and thought it was good value for money. The restaurant was very busy and crowded. I am surprised to read some other less than favourable reviews. Ithink some people are perhaps overly picky ? We would return.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great value.. Location.. Food.. And frozen strawberry daiquiris.. Winning combination and has never faulted during our many.. many visits!!