I had mixed feelings about Tony's Villa after reading the reviews and I should have gone with my gut and booked somewhere else, even though we got a really good rate. We stayed in a deluxe villa for 7 nights.
-good location, close to restaurants/bars, walking distance to public beach, etc.
-the grounds of the hotel were nice with lots of greenery
-we got a one hour couples massage at their spa, which was nice
-the bugs weren't as bad as we thought. But the fact they give you bug spray in the room is a red flag.
-do not stay here on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday night. The nightclub across the street is open these nights and blare their music until 4am. I was up each night, even with earplugs, and had horrible sleeps. We complained each night and management wouldn't even move us to another room. They weren't very accommodating, sympathetic or helpful. It was extremely disappointing. Finally on the last night they did offer us one free spa treatment which we used.
-the rooms are not very clean and they are very worn down, dusty and dark. I had to wear flip flops in our room as the floor was always dirty and dusty. The bathroom was not cleaned very well and had a lingering odor. The towels were grey and stained.
-the front desk wasn't very friendly or helpful compared to other places we have stayed.
-the breakfast is the same 3 options every day. For a 7 day stay, this is extremely tiresome, so we went to other restaurants for breakfast as we got sick of the food very quickly.
So, to sum it up, I'd suggest another hotel if you had the choice. It's not the worst hotel, but I think if we'd stay somewhere else, it would have changed the dynamic of our trip to from great to outstanding. This is definitely not a 4 star as stated on Agoda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tonys Villas & Resort in Kerobokan is a perfect hideaway surrounded by green foliage of tropical environment. Once you step into these villas in Bali, you can immediately sense the serenity and friendly services. So, when looking for a blissful and convenient residence on the Island of the Gods, it is an appropriate choice. Designed by adopting the grandeur of Balinese architectural style blended with modern style, Tonys Villas & Resort Bali affords convenience for the ultimate experience. From reed roof to local touch in the interior reflects the elegant comfort of Balinese house, namely it is warm in cold ambience and cool under the heat of the sun. Meanwhile, our verdant beautiful garden with lush vegetation generates natural backdrop and inspiring holiday living. Each villa unit and other properties are carefully prepared to take advantage of the freshness exuded by tropical plants at maximal space available. To sum up, everywhere you stay and stand, as if you are always taken closer to nature so that you will get refreshed. Thus, staying with us will elevate your experience and renew the freshness of mind. Probably, our garden is the most spacious among the villas around Seminyak area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Tonys Villas & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tony`s Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Tonys Villas & Resort Bali/Seminyak