My three friends and I, all aged 24 and 25, stayed here on our trip to Bali in Sept '12.
Having been in Bali for two weeks upon arriving in Seminyak we expected great things-to date our experience of the hotels we stayed in had been great. In short this was our experience of Sarinande:
Arrival: good welcome and the staff were very nice and helpful.
First impressions: the pool area was lovely with lots of greenery-I will upload photos. There was no one around though and we felt like we were the only guests staying there which was a bit odd.
The room: it was basic but bearable. A couple of things- there's an air freshener in the rooms which goes off very frequently and doesn't smell very nice-made us wonder why they had it in the first place as it was the first one we had come across having stayed in 4 different hotels througout Bali to date.
The bathroom: ours was horrible-again Iunwilling upload photos. However my friends bathroom seemed to be better. Regardless you can't expect people to pay money to stay in a seemingly nice hotel and then have to put up with a filthy bathroom.
Breakfast: this was very basic. There were ants all over our table and the selection of food was very limited and consisted of toast which you made yourself, tea which wasn't the most appetising and a selection of eggs.
Checkout/taxi service: the hotel offers a taxi service which is very reasonable in price and the taxi man was lovely. He gave us a detailed history of Bali as we drove from Seminyak to Ubud.
However, we had booked the taxi to pick us up at 10 o clock in the morning. We were told at half nine that morning that it would be 11. We then agreed to half ten but he didn't arrive until 11. The hotel should not take bookings if they cannot honour them.
Location: for us this was the best part of Sarinande- you can walk down a lane way to the beach within minutes.
However as a group of girls we wouldn't recommend staying here. Purely because the hotel is located down very small streets which are poorly lit and requires you to get taxis in the evenings to where the restaurants and bars are.
Overall we all agreed that this was the most dissappointing of all of the hotels we stayed in, and although the staff were really nice and the location with regards the beach is perfect, we wouldnt recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarinande Hotel offers the most convenient location for exploring the fascinating Seminyak Beach. It is only five minute walk to the beach front, conveniently close to Seminyak’s horse riding activities, temples and to the exotic surfing places of both Legian and Kuta. Ngurah Rai International airport is only 25 minute drive away and Seminyak’s shopping center is within minutes walking distance.Find yourself at the Sarinande Hotel a charming holiday retreat that invites you to experience the warmest of Balinese hospitality in friendly surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sarinande Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarinande Beach Hotel Seminyak
- Sarinande Hotel Bali/Seminyak