“We Always Return”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Since the makeover it has been better. A front is still a "diner", as you walk down the hall, there is a bar, with dining booths, then at the end of the "hall" you come to the Dining Room, some booths, and some tables. One area can be partitioned off for private parties. Plus, there is outdoor dining.
Sometimes the hostess can seem bored with her job, and it shows. Jason, the manager, is a great guy and always comes around to speak to the patrons. It is hit and miss with the servers. Some have that phony air about them where they really don't care, but will be nice to get a tip. Most are great. Never had a bad meal. Prices not bad. Only bad area is in dining room sitting near the windows--too many flies, and when you tell Darlene, you can tell she's really say, "ya, ya, ya".

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went here for dinner. Had high hopes of the place given there was a decent amount of cars in the parking lot. The host wasn't the most welcoming. He waited for us to say something first before he asked just 2? We were sat in the bar area. Our waitress to say the least was completely ignorant. I don't know if they were short staffed or what but she was running around. I only saw her have at most 5 tables including ours. Took 20 mins for her to get drinks which is fine..I guess. She then made us wait another 15 to take our order. My girl friend asked about a dish and she said the description was on the menu. And she then asked what kind of sauce and she was told white wine with garlic. The bread we got was extremely dry so we didn't eat it. Soup was good but salad was drenched in Caesar dressing. Dinner the portion were huge, but quality clearly wasn't there. My girls ``white wine`` sauces pasta was a red tomato sauce that wasn't fresh an the tomatoes were mushy. Our server didn't once ask if we wanted refills and before we were done eating slammed the receipt on the table and continued walking. We kept saying please and thank you and never once got one in return. Probably the worst dinner experience and most ignorant server I've ever experienced in my life. Don't let the newly renovated restaurant fool you. It was AWFUL. Wouldn't be surprised if they went out of business soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

great place for breakfast. big menu, good service. HUGE portions.
been there for lunch as well and a got turkey sandwich. it was real turkey and very nicely cooked - not too dry. Big improvement since they've remodeled.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I debated how to rate this as it's better than most diners but not necessarily in same league as some other more formal restaurants. I decided that I needed to score it in comparison to other diners. I have eaten here for both breakfast and dinner.
The breakfast menu has a good variety including omelette choices not seen elsewhere. I was pleasantly surprised by the Tuscany omelette that had big pieces of portabello mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh mozarella. The home fries were some of the best that I've tasted, crisp on the outside and tender inside. My dining companion's Brooklyn omelette was full of lox. My only "criticism" is that the toast choices are rather pedestrian, and I'd rather see prices 50 cents more to include more options including English muffins, bagel, or a specialty bread.
The dinner menu has incredible values, lots of food for the price with an array of meat, poultry, and seafood. If you can't find something to order, you probably aren't hungry. Another reviewer commented on the stuffed shrimp which had good sized morsels stuffed with a filling that had discernible amounts of crab and not just filler. We'll definitey be here again!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Brought An Old Diner, Back To Life! The new owners have done a great job in the make-over! The food is back to the excellent quality of the good old days with larger portions, also soup salad & dessert at a great price. Doesn't take your paycheck to feed a family!