The Empire Hotel & Country Club
Parkview Hotel(Kampong Jerudong)
StarLodge(Kampong Jerudong)
Goodview Hotel(Kampong Jerudong)
View Hotel
Jeruton Hotel Sdn Bhd(Kampong Jerudong)
View Hotel
Traders Inn(Bandar Seri Begawan)
View Hotel
Wafa Hotel & Apartment(Bandar Seri Begawan)
View Hotel
The Centrepoint Hotel(Bandar Seri Begawan)
View Hotel
The Rizqun International Hotel(Bandar Seri Begawan)
View Hotel
Times Hotel(Bandar Seri Begawan)
View Hotel
Venice Lodge(Bandar Seri Begawan)
1,103 results
All reviewsmain buildinggolf coursethe south china seabowling alleyluxurious hotelno alcoholspaghettinihigh teaprivate beachrooms are hugepool sidepantai restaurantdeluxe roomroyal brunei airlinesocean viewatrium cafegolf buggies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Overall, an excellent hotel. Professional service, friendly staff. Spacious rooms. When the power went out in my room (fuse) it got fixed in 5 min, although it was 1am. Architecture of this huge compound looks pharaonic, gigantomanic. I would transform the manicured garden into more of an bamboo adventureland. No alcohol, not even for non-Muslims. Brunei is not a prime holiday destination, but the hotel is very good for conferences.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
TheEmpireHotel, General Manager at The Empire Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor and, indeed, the hotel is an excellent location for conferences.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I left the room with my wallet in the suitcase, and by the time I got bk the money got stolen,and there are 3 other rooms got the same issue on the same floor! But the hotel did nothing! This is the first time ever I got money stolen in a locked hotel room, however it's the best hotel in Brunei, fxxking 6stars owned by the king! Because of this the hotel do not want to show the CCTV to the police! what a horrible ending for the Brunei trip!

• Stayed: June 2014
12  Thank 714shirleyw

Dear Ms. Shirley,

Further to our subsequent telephone conversations, once again, I am sorry this happened.

I can absolutely assure you that this is unusual, has been taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.

As offered, I hope to welcome you back in the future, when we will do our utmost to restore your confidence in The Empire.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I love the rooms - its big and grandeur. The hotel ambiance makes you feel like you are in a palace, The surrounding area is beautifully choreographed. The sunset was spectacular sight. Food wise it's excellent with a variety of Western, Chinese and Italian food.

Room Tip: choose rooms facing the sea....
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor and I agree with you, the Deluxe bedrooms facing the South China Sea have an amazing view.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

If it's quality and standard you're looking for then you'll have to go a long way to match this hotel.
The facilities are excellent, the location is awesome and above all the standard of service is actually quite faultless.
I have had the pleasure of staying here on business for a total of five weeks this last two months and I have no hesitation in recommending it unreserved.
Most, if not all, the rooms have a stunning sea-view and the early evening sunset is never too tiring to watch. The standard of the rooms is very impressive; they are spacious, immaculately clean and very well equipped.
The Country Club is immaculate and very well equipped with almost every form of fitness or sporting facility that you would want.
The restaurants cater for all needs. My favourites are at the Pantai buffet and the adjoining Japanese Zen restaurant. Congratulations are afforded to Ferdinand and all the staff there for always making me feel special and most welcomed. The staff at the Atrium restaurant are always so accommodating and professional in their service. Particular thanks and appreciation to Vel, one of the waiters whose commitment to the highest standard of service and personal attention are the epitome of quality and professionalism.
I know I'm writing all positive features here, but during my stay I cannot find fault with this hotel.
Congratulations to you all...and, being so far from home, I thank you for making my time here so comfortable, welcoming and enjoyable.
When I return to Brunei, there is only one place I ever wish to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Gus992

Dear Colin,

I am delighted that you had such a good stay and thank you for your kind compliments for Ferdi and Vel, which are much appreciated.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We recently spent a night at the Empire, just to see what it was like. The buildings are beautiful and the rooms (even the regular rooms) spacious and of high quality. The bathroom was particularly good - larger than an average hotel room with an extra-large separate bath, massive shower area, separate WC, dual sinks etc.

Staff are generally lovely, if somewhat undertrained. I did notice there seemed to be more experienced supervisory staff there this trip, helping bringing the service levels up to a more international standard.

Check in was slow (15 minutes) but as soon as we had our room everything else was swift. There are electric cart transfers all over the property and we were in our room within a few minutes despite its distance from the main building.

There are several swimming pools, including a quite large one (oriented towards families) near our building. We didn't swim as I was uncomfortable swimming in my one-piece without shorts and shirt (as the locals were doing) and also really couldn't have been bothered to go downstairs, take a buggy to the main pool, change, swim, change, buggy back etc.

There's a good variety of restaurants, some of which are better than others. All are expensive for what the standard they offer. What I did find disappointing was a lack of communal area. I understand that Brunei is a dry country so didn't expect a bar, but some kind of room you could sit in to relax with other guests would have been nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Judy,

Thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to welcome you and your family back in the future.